Old 01-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 289/277/170

Height: 5'9

Default Lost 6lbs 1st week...can't stand food anymore!

Hello- I'm pretty excited about the weight loss so far but I really can't stomach most of the foods anymore. I know that most people say that your taste will change but I just stomach all the fake food.
I do enjoy the shakes (actually I use the pudding for shakes), the bars and parmesan bites. Everything else is going in the garbage.
I think what I'll do is keep the items I like and add on the suggestions that Jay made for substitutes. I figure you need to start learning how to eat real food and it's a good way to have a balance...as long as the weight keeps coming off. I realize it probably won't come off as fast but I'm ok with that.
Anyone else have success w/ using the substitutes?
Thanks
-G
mom2sweetT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:52 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey mom2sweetT! I did have success using my non-Medifast substitutions--because I made sure they kept with the general profile of a Medifast meal in terms of total calories and grams of protein, carbs, and fat.

One thing I would suggest is that you also take a once-a-day type multivitamin. All the Medifast meals are supplemented with vitamins and minerals, so they are complete. The real-food substitutes don't really provide enough because the total amount of food is so low.

Weight loss may be slower, but if you stay with the Medifast principles you can keep losing.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:35 AM   #3  

I wouldn't throw your food out, you might be able to return it to the company if you have it less than 30 days, check on the back of your invoice. Or you might be able to sell it to someone like on ebay or craigs list.
Iamthegram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 289/277/170

Height: 5'9

Thanks Jay- I think I will just feel much better eating real foods and will definitely take a multivitamin!

I'll probably still be here for support, but not in the Medifast group!

Best-
G
mom2sweetT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 156/156/126

Height: 5' 2"

Please don't toss out the food. There are so many people who would love to have it. You can return it if you've had it for less then 30 days, or place it on eBay. Medifast sells like hot cakes there.

There are lots of items I can't stand too. I cannot stomach MF soups and oatmeals, so I put them on eBay. I love their shakes, but I'm almost out. I love their brownies and chocolate chip soft bakes. I'm eating some real foods to stretch out my MF foods, and doing their program of 5 and 1, but my way. I can't afford another order (only placed 1 and bought some off eBay) so am already substituting with real food.
I will probably join the calorie counting group here as that's really what I'm doing. Most of the weight that I lost was lost by lowering my caloric intake.

Wishing you the best.
Theresa is offline   Reply With Quote