Old 11-01-2009, 12:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Talking Newbie to Medifast! Love this site and need the support!

Hey all! So, I am back to this site again. Loved it before (while doing a different plan), until I fell off the wagon...)o:
I made up my mind in October that I was starting MF on Nov. 1st. I had my first shake this am. Not so sure I like the taste...it seemed to leave a "film" on my lips. Hopefully I get used to that part or it goes away...
About me: I currently weigh 207 pounds, at 5'5". I was always thin, till I hit 21, drank a lot of beer with friends, and woke up fat one day. Then I got pregnant at 22, and married, and had two more babies. This past summer was my ten year high school reunion, and I did not go cause I am fat. I really need to stop letting my weight make decisions for me. The time has come, and I know Medifast will work for me. I hate planning meals, and I am not big on exercising, so this seems to be the plan for me. I have read countless success stories on the net, and it is all so motivating!
I was not sure what thread to post on, but this one seemed good. If I am in the wrong area, let me know! I look forward to getting to know you all!
Old 11-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/196/135

Height: 5'2"

Smile I Start Wednesday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimie1980 View Post
About me: I currently weigh 207 pounds, at 5'5". I was always thin, till I hit 21, drank a lot of beer with friends, and woke up fat one day. Then I got pregnant at 22, and married, and had two more babies. This past summer was my ten year high school reunion, and I did not go cause I am fat. I really need to stop letting my weight make decisions for me. The time has come, and I know Medifast will work for me. I hate planning meals, and I am not big on exercising, so this seems to be the plan for me. I have read countless success stories on the net, and it is all so motivating!
Hi Jaimie! I quoted this part of your message because I wanted you to know that when I finished cussing out my scale the other morning and decided to research MF on the internet, YOURS was the first forum post that I read. The part about always being thin until 20something, then drinking a lot of beer? Oh, girl. If you substitute "martinis" for beer you could've been describing ME!

So, thanks to you I started reading through the 3FC forum threads on MF and decided that this sounds exactly like what I need. I love to cook. I love to eat. I lurves my martinis. Unfortunately, stomach at this point looks like I'm 9 months pregnant. (The rest of my body matches, but since I'd had an effortlessly flat stomach even after 2 kids, that part really chaps my hide.)

I need a diet that's simple. One that doesn't involve waking up and wondering every day "What will I eat? I'm in the mood for so-and-so but maybe this-and-that low-cal thing will do instead?" (Because it doesn't, so in addition to eating this-and-that I wind up scarfing down so-and-so, too.)

I opened another window and ordered my first month of MF shortly after reading your post. So, I just wanted to say in advance: "Thanks for being an inspiration!" (But, hey, no pressure, right? LOL.)

My order gets here Tuesday afternoon. (I live in a fairly rural area, so UPS doesn't deliver until almost dinnertime.) I'm starting Wednesday morning.

If you need a MFing pal, I'm your girl. And, even if you don't, thank you for lighting the fire under my fat... er, assets.
LookAtMeLose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 06:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/196/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Hi there!

Hey, Nataliejo!

This probably sounds strange, but at this point (pre-shipment) I kind of welcome the weird taste, just as I welcome the monotony. I've been reading the old MF threads and have noticed -- though I may be jumping to conclusions -- that as soon as MFers start trying to replicate pizza with their Cream of Tomato or whatever they also start falling OP.

Me? As an avid foodie I'm looking forward to not having to think about variety, interest, different textures or tastes. There was a recent Dr. Oz show where he mentioned dieting on auto-pilot, and that really resonated with me. Eating on autopilot? Not so much. For me that would be fast food, fast food, fast food. But dieting on autopilot? I can do that.

If I don't have to think about what I'm cooking for dinner, I'm good. I've got a 7-day L&G menu planned and I plan to rotate it weekly. That and filling my thermoses of soup, stew and whatever in the morning will get me through, I hope.

But there's the word: HOPE. This plan is the first one that I really feel hopeful I can follow. Forty-five pounds in five, even six months, on MF is within their "average user" parameters. If I stick with it 100%, my work is done.

That's my theory pre-shipment, at least.

Thank you so much for the encouragement!
LookAtMeLose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Hi Nataliejo, Jamie and Lookatmelose,

I'm new to this board but have been on and off MF for a while. I lost a bunch of weight a few months ago and still get the bars delivered (because I love them as snacks) but really fell off the wagon. Started gaining again.

I don't have that much to lose, but my sister and her family are coming over from Australia for Thanksgiving and I'd really, really like to get to my goal before then (crazy, I know)!

I only really have 7 lbs to lose.

You wouldn't believe how difficult that is. I work out, but I also don't eat well. And I forgot all about the fact that MF is about ketosis, so have found sneaky ways of cheating.

I can put up with crappy tasting food for 2.5 weeks, can't I!?

So I start in earnest tomorrow. Here is my plan:

1 oatmeal
1 soup
1 bar
1 puffs
1 pretzel sticks
1 bar

Lean and green is a salad and boca burgers.

I know I'm going to be hungry (esp because I'm working out tomorrow night with my trainer). Please help me get through these 10 days!!
fierskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookAtMeLose View Post
If you need a MFing pal, I'm your girl. And, even if you don't, thank you for lighting the fire under my fat... er, assets.
AWWEEEEE you made me blush! So how had your first few days gone? I am still holding strong, and am currently at a 9 pound loss. Considering that I normally would lose that amount in a month, I could not be more thrilled. Dr. oz is so right! This diet is autopilot! I eat at 8-10-12-2-4-and L and G at 6! It works so well, and it is an easy scedula to follow. I would love to be your pal...we are doing a challenge on the MF board, come on over! Just clink the Medifast link right below the link for this thread! We all started the challenge Friday, so you will fit right in! Keep us updated!
jaimie1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 146.8/143.6/130

Height: 5'6

I'm on my second day of MediFast so I'm a newbie as well!

The food is okay. I like the chicken noodle soup the best. I use to eat fast food every day and gained a little weight and I have prom coming up so I needed something that worked and helped you lose weight fast.
I don't see any change so far, but I am excited to see my results at the end of my 2 weeks! Although most of the food is gross, I just think about how good I'm going to look in my prom dress!
tayloreve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:42 PM   #7  

you get used to the taste and once you learn to add some spices, it is pretty good.
sidrah is offline   Reply With Quote