Old 04-25-2009, 08:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 213/199/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Condiments

Hey!

I am new to Medifast and was wondering how strictly you follow the 3 condiments/day rule. Have you noticed a big difference on weeks you adhered to this vs. weeks you haven't?

Thanks
jean2299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:11 AM   #2  
the 20 year old wonder.

S/C/G: 186.2/182/130

Height: 5'7''

I've never actually followed that rule, same with the "snack rule" of only 3 peices of gum or one popsicle, etc and I have lost 22lbs. in 6 weeks.
freakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/150/135

Height: 5'4"

It doesn't seem to hurt if I use spelnda... although splenda has "less than one" gram of carbs, so keep that in mind (I usually round up to 1 carbs and count it in my carb count). I have only been on Medifast on a little over a way, but I did notice one day I had a LOT of mustard and some pickles, and my weight fluctuated up, and I'm guessing the salt from the mustard and pickles caused me to retain water weight. I have been losing slowly, but it might just be because I use only the bars right now (I ordered some shakes but they're taking forever to come). I don't follow the condiment rule that well.
onesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:44 AM   #4  
Winning the losing game

Height: 5'7"

I put as much spice as I want to on food. I'm more careful with BBQ sauce, soy sauce, etc. because of the cals or sodium.

I may have one snack a day. I don't really seem to need them at this point.
littlebigtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:14 AM   #5  

I don't follow the condiment rule for spices and flavorings. It made no difference when I was on the MF program three years ago, and it is not significant for me, this time. I do adhere to the recommended portions of fats, oils, salt, milks, etc.. but as for the spices, it is whatever 'doctor's up' the supplements, such as Molly McButter, or the cheese powder. Sorry, but 1 tsp. of ketchup, doesn't cut it with me! LOL! I don't recall such limitations three years ago, and the program worked back then.
sunnywarmth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #6  
Let's go LEAN!

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I am with Sunny and Littlebigtex-- I shake, shake, shake- spices, salt, pepper, but watch it on the liquid stuff (sauces, dressings, etc.) But for salsa, and some other non-fat sauces, I do go over the serving size for 1 condiment bc. like Sunny said, "1 tsp...." is ridiculous- it's like why even bother?
AshleyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:58 PM   #7  
Incredible Shrinking Sue

S/C/G: 284/146/150

Height: 5'6"

I never measured or counted my spices/herbs or even my Molly McCheese, Butter Buds or butter spray. Well, actually I did for a time when I plateaued but it didn't make any difference and boy was it a lot of work.

I DID keep track of my Splenda after the first month or so. I was using a lot of the SF syrups in my shakes & oatmeals. I don't know if that affected my rate of loss or not but I just didn't feel that it was healthy to have too much Splenda. I switched over to flavored extracts instead. I didn't count them either.

The 3 condiment/day rule was one that I broke...probably most days but I tried to follow everything else as written.

p.s. I did notice that I did get into trouble with condiments when I was making a lot of the MF recipes. Too many recipes per day can really add up the carb count. As time went on I ate most MF meals as is. Just a thought.
suesully is offline   Reply With Quote