Old 03-29-2009, 12:50 PM   #1  
the 20 year old wonder.

S/C/G: 186.2/182/130

Height: 5'7''

Default Tofu Recipes?

Okay so I know on MF, you can eat quite a bit of tofu. I am planning on trying this, but I need some good recipes. I am a picky eater. Any ideas?
freakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:59 PM   #2  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I don't know what else you can eat on your programme but I like firm tofu that has been chilled in the fridge and patted dry, then cut into slices about 1/3" thick, coated very lightly in flour seasoned with onion salt, black pepper and chilli flakes, then fried in a tiny bit of rice bran oil.
It feels deliciously decadent to be having something fried but is very low cal and very tasty.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #3  
the 20 year old wonder.

S/C/G: 186.2/182/130

Height: 5'7''

hmm that does sound good. i am pretty sure i cannot have flour though, unfortunately. i tried marinating it in some terriyaki and then pan seared it, but i cut it too thin and it kept falling apart and it was very chewy, when i was hoping it would be crispy. i am going to try it again some time soon though, so i will continue searching for some tasty recipes.
freakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:28 PM   #4  

How about stir fry chunks so you can get your vegetables in and monitor spiciness at the same time? I use frozen stirfry and pick out the carrots. Also, there is the bagged cauliflower and broccoli in the refrigerator section that is good steamed in the microwave and then stir fried.
sidrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:16 AM   #5  
Trying to keep it real

S/C/G: 204/199/170

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Baked tofu

I prefer baked tofu. I get it at my local grocery chain store. It comes in several flavors and has the texture of a cheese, like mild cheddar or monterey jack. I use it with, or instead of, meat in stir-fry or vegetable dishes.

I can't eat the soft stuff, the texture gets to me; but if you've never cooked tofu before, you should know that when you take it out of the package you should put it between two plates with something heavy on top for an hour or so to force the water out of it. Then you marinate it in whatever flavor you want it to have prior to cooking it. Except preflavored tofu, which has already had this done to it.
Jehna is offline   Reply With Quote