Old 02-02-2009, 12:45 AM   #16  
just starting WonderSlim

S/C/G: 290/ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

I (finally) started on Saturday. I'm doing the 1200 plan and the main hurdle at the moment is figuring out which supplements I like (and which to send back), and in what order I like them

So far I like all the shake flavors I've tried (mint choc, chocolate, vanilla) and the peanut butter protein bar.

I'm on the fence about the wildberry drink, lemon protein bar and oatmeal.

And I do not care much for the pretzel snacks or either of the fake chicken dishes.

I haven't tried anything else yet, so I'll report back as I sample them.

I'm still a little unclear on how we're supposed to allot the pasta entrees other than the two fake chicken dishes. Do they count as a meal replacement or a protein supplement?

Anyhow - so far, so good. This week will probably be the biggest challenge, since it's when I'll need to acclimate to having all my meals around my work and meeting schedule.

ETA: Also, I'm tracking my exact meals on thedailyplate... and I'm not sure if their calculations or the WS calculation is incorrect, but I don't seem to be getting up to the full 1200 calories. Both days were more like 1000 calories, according to them.

Last edited by roxy road; 02-02-2009 at 12:50 AM.
roxy road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:10 AM   #17  

So the Wonderslim program is the same as Medifast - 5 meal replacements (soup, shakes, bars, oatmeal, entrees, pudding, etc.) and one lean and green. Do I have that right?

Thanks for helping me understand this!

Wendy
wendykm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:35 PM   #18  

I'm currently doing Wonderslim and have done Medifast in the past. The main difference between the two is that with medifast you do the 5 medifast meals and then a lean and green. You don't add starches or fruit to medifast. With Wonderslim you are allowed limited fruit and starch. Being able to have starch and fruit made all the difference to me. Between that and the lower price--I'm sold on Wonderslim. That being said, I know a lot of people who are very successful on Medifast and I think that's a great program, too.
ellen40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #19  
Nutrisystem

S/C/G: 191/191/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Thumbs up 4th day

WonderSlim is great. I feel great. Medifast is very good, but I feel so much happier and fuller on this diet. I have a question I call them up and they know the answers. If they don't, they find it. Just follow the diet plan and off you go. I have called them several times and they are beyond courteous and very knowledgable about their products. Everyone there has to try all the products on WonderSlim. So far I like everything I have tried. I like the eggs and really enjoy having fruits and starch. Just my thoughts. I hope you all do very well.

Melanie in Colorado
Melsie52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 258/258/157

Hello, this is my first post here on 3fatchicks. My name is Pam & I desperately need to lose 90-100 lbs. I tried MF a couple of years ago & lasted 1 1/2 weeks & folded. I decided to try it again this weekend so I ordered 4 weeks worth on Monday. I since have read about NLD & WS. I ordered the free sample of NLD & a week plan of WS. I'm hoping one of these will be better than MF.

How long does it usually take to get your order from WS?

Thank you & I look forward to losing weight with you all.
tgp157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:06 PM   #21  
Operator265

Welcome tqp.

It took less than a week for my 12 week supply of WS to arrive.

Last edited by Operator265; 02-04-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:12 AM   #22  
Nutrisystem

Thumbs up Welcome

Mine delivery with WonderSlim took 3 business days via Fed Ex. I had to sign for it. My first weigh in is Friday. I tell you this week I feel really great. Never hungry or any temptation for anything else. This is a real first for me. The true test will come on Friday when I am going to a sewing convention and I will bring cold bottles of water, my shaker and 3 shakes and a bar. I don't forsee any problem. It is so portable, which I love. I will let you all know my weight and how I do at the convention.

Melanie in Colorado
Old 02-05-2009, 08:49 AM   #23  

Thanks for the welcome Operator & Melanie.

A sewing convention??--I didn't know they had those. My degree is in Home Ec but my career has nothing to do with anything domestic. Unfortuately, I do not get to sew at all these days. I'm going to have to in the next few months though. My daughter is getting married in October & I'll probably have to make my dress in order to get the right color, length, etc. I'm afraid sewing is a lost art but if they are having conventions--maybe not as much as I thought. The wedding is why I MUST lose weight NOW--no more fooling around.

Thanks again for the welcome. I'll let you all know how it goes.
Pam
Old 02-05-2009, 09:08 AM   #24  
Operator265

I sew also. Well, I will be again once I get my basement straightened out. I had to learn. At 5'2" with a round behind(JLo didn't invent it ya know) I always had to adjust my jeans.

I also embroider and crochet. And, yes, it is a lost art. Funny thing, I live in Salt Lake now and with all the stay at home moms here, it seems weird that I can sew, but many of them can't. Another weird thing. When I was slender I couldn't find pants to match my height and butt. Yet, once I gained weight I could. Guess the industry acknowledges short, fat chicks but not short, slender chicks with a little "junk in the truck".

Oh well, if losing weight means I'll have to go back to darting my pants again, I guess that's just the price I'll have to pay.

Last edited by Operator265; 02-05-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #25  
Nutrisystem

Thumbs up

Operator you crack me up! Pam sewing is coming back at full force. There are many conventions around the US. I love buying things there. There free classes too. I have a great machine the Husquvarna Viking Diamond. It does incredible embroidery. I want to loose the weight to get back to sewing clothes that fit well. It is my therapy beyond words. It's non fatning. I eat, sleep and drink it every day. If sewing was exercise I would be as skinny as a rail. See whats in the sewing stores and get a idea about sewing again or go to a sewing machine distributor. It's totally a blast and it is sad that people who stay home don't take it up, especially with children. So much you can make for them. They grow out of clothes so fast and you can customize them to your liking.

You folks are so great. Thanks for writing about it. My first weigh in with WS is tomorrow.

Many losses,

Melanie in Colorado
Old 02-05-2009, 01:22 PM   #26  

I'm like you Melanie, I want to lose weight & get back to sewing. I will look around to see if there are any conventions in my area which is Cullman, Alabama. I am 5'9"--which isn't all that tall but I have a swallow pelvis with a very long torso & arms & long legs. If I order talls, they are too long in the straddle & too short in the legs. If I get regulars, they fit in the straddle but the legs are too short. Sleeves & most tops are always too short. I'd love to just alter a few classic patterns to fit & then make variations of them.

I can't wait to see how your weight in goes tomorrow, Melanie.

I checked the status of my WS order--it has already shipped & I just placed the order yesterday. I hope it comes tomorrow--but that may be asking too much. The MF order should get here soon--maybe today. I plan to get started Monday--if WS isn't here yet, I'll just start w/MF until it does get here.

Thanks again Melanie & Operator. It's good to meet some fellow seamstresses.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #27  

Well I did it everyone. I ordered Wonderslim and it should be here any day. Thanks to everyone for answering my endless questions. You guys rock!

Wendy

Last edited by wendykm; 02-05-2009 at 06:17 PM.
wendykm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:01 AM   #28  
Nutrisystem

Thumbs up

Wendy,

You will love WonderSlim! Whats really cool is, I call them all the time with questions. They are wonderful and know their stuff.

Let me know any projects you all would like to sew. If you have any questions on sewing projects. If I can help in anyway, please let me know.

Weigh in tomorrow! I will let you know in the late afternoon after my sewing convention.

Melanie in Colorado
Old 02-06-2009, 03:36 PM   #29  

My MF came yesterday & my WS is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I hope it does come so I can start with WS on Monday. I will see how I like it. I hope I like it as well as y'all do. If I do, I'll order the 12 week pkg next week. I'll use the MF intermittently but mostly just the WS. The free sample of NLD should be coming in soon. I may end up doing a combination of all 3.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 140/140/115

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy road View Post
I (finally) started on Saturday. I'm doing the 1200 plan and the main hurdle at the moment is figuring out which supplements I like (and which to send back), and in what order I like them

So far I like all the shake flavors I've tried (mint choc, chocolate, vanilla) and the peanut butter protein bar.

I'm on the fence about the wildberry drink, lemon protein bar and oatmeal.

And I do not care much for the pretzel snacks or either of the fake chicken dishes.

I haven't tried anything else yet, so I'll report back as I sample them.

I'm still a little unclear on how we're supposed to allot the pasta entrees other than the two fake chicken dishes. Do they count as a meal replacement or a protein supplement?

Anyhow - so far, so good. This week will probably be the biggest challenge, since it's when I'll need to acclimate to having all my meals around my work and meeting schedule.

ETA: Also, I'm tracking my exact meals on thedailyplate... and I'm not sure if their calculations or the WS calculation is incorrect, but I don't seem to be getting up to the full 1200 calories. Both days were more like 1000 calories, according to them.
Hi, roxy road...first time poster to the board. You asked whether the chik'n meals (as well as the sloppy joes) are "meal replacements" or "protein supplements"... I interpret them as being protein supplements... From a process or elimination, I don't know what else would be considered a protein supplement if not these (at least as far as the contents of the 4 week starter kit goes). On the dietdirect.com site, they are listed under a protein category (http://www.dietdirect.com/weight-los...-meals-18.html). It looks like the soups would also be "protein supplements" (http://www.dietdirect.com/weight-los...-soups-16.html).

Does this seem right to you?

PS I just got my shipment today. Brand new to Wonderslim. I used hot sauce in the chik'n marinara and that helped some. There are some other suggestions for making it more palatable at: http://www.dietdirect.com/wonderslim...-marinara.html

Best of luck!
dandelisa17 is offline   Reply With Quote