Old 03-24-2008, 05:33 PM   #1  

Default New, just bought Medifast and I have questions

I just bought enough to get me through 2 weeks so I can try it and see if this is something I can do since I travel all day long and have no access to a kitchen and I live out of my car all day. I am concerned about this. I get lunch sometimes and sometimes I have 5 mins to get it down. My question is, Since this seems to be a mainly liquid diet do people have a problem with diarrhea? Sorry, not trying to be gross, but this is a concern. Also, what do most mothers/wifes do for your meals. I would proably eat my lean and green for dinner, but my picky kids would not be happy if I feed them my meal. They like starchy, fat, foods. We don't eat horribly but they are kids and they like what kids normaly eat. So do you cook them a meal or what is the norm for your house? I am sure I will have other questions along the way, but thanks in advance for the help! This is a wonderful forum!
travelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:10 PM   #2  

Today is just day one for me so not sure on all the questions. I have young kids too and a picky husband. I planned meals for the next week so that I could grill chicken and serve veggies that everyone likes just extra for me and then I got some simple things to serve the rest of them on the side like mac and cheese. I bought some chicken nuggets and fries for them too and on that night I will probably try some grilled fish and a salad.
wnt2bthnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:19 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

If anything you may get constipated! I would make what you normally make for the kids and just try and serve some type of meat that you can toss on a salad. You can also do certain veggies and put that with a healthy serving of meat. Hope this helps!
Nay75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #4  

yes that helps......I am suprised about being constipated though. I just assumed that if it goes in all liquid......LOL. Ok, well I am happy to hear that anyways. I just can't wait unitl my box gets here. Even if it gets here on a weekend I will start then. I am thinking with the headaches and me haveing to be polite and deal with the public all day long with compassion at my job, I will start on a weekend so I can only bite my families heads off.........terrible isn't that...... But I would like to suffer the first two days like that at home then maybe my 3rd day will be better
travelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 08:57 PM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

That is what I did. I had a three day weekend and I started Saturday. Today is Day 3 and tomorrow will be my first day back to work which would be Day 4. I haven't had any problems being on plan. I'm seeing the pounds drop and that encourages me! Hope you get your package SooN!
Nay75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 205/185/135

Height: 5ft5

I know its so hard cooking for everyone else and trying to do your own lean green meal...I am thinking about doing my lean green for lunch when the rest of the family is gone for the day. At dinner I can keep busy with cooking, cleaning up, and serving to not have to sit and eat. Anyone doing the LG for lunch?
gerly1 is offline   Reply With Quote