Old 01-19-2008, 09:02 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Help with preparing for first day on MF at work please

I start tomorrow but I have questions about how to take MF to work.

I plan on having a shake in the AM and then shakes during the day at work because my oatmeal isn't here yet. Oh, I do have cr of brocc soup that I can take.

I can take my hand mixer to work and prepare in our kitchen. Or, are the shakes better if they are mixed ahead of time?

I work 8-4:30 so shake at 7:00, shake 9:30, soup at 12, shake at 2:30, L and G at 5ish and then pudding at 7:30????

And, what about the cr of brocc soup? How is that best prepared?

Thank you!! I am very excited to join you officially!
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:20 AM   #2  
Master of disaster

S/C/G: 269/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey Brooke,
We're excited for you!!

Do you have a fridge and microwave?

I bought one of those "tupperware" organizer/carousel things from Walmart. (It hold three different sized containers and the covers on this spinny thing). At work I just throw water and mix in a container, shake, and drink. I hear that the shakes are better when soaked, but I like them fine so I don't bother. You can bring the hand mixer if you want, but it's not needed.

I haven't tried cream of broccoli, I've heard it's nasty. For the other soups and chili, I make it in the morning, spice it, and keep it in the fridge until lunch. Most people make "chips" with the COB, I'll see if I can find the recipe for you.

Do you have anything other than shakes? I'm worried you're going to STARVE to death! What about a bar? I needed something in my belly other than liquid. Remember - you'll only feel like that for a week or less. If it gets too bad, go ahead and have another MF meal.

And have fun with it! Once you get to week 3, you'll feel in control. It does take time, but it's worth the price of admission.
michelle127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 11:10 AM   #3  

I generally make everything, pack it in my lunch box, and go. I don't mind the cream of broccoli soup so much, but the Chicken and Wild Rice is my favorite. I did find out last night that I liked the shakes better made in my rocket blender, but at work it's just not practical. I do get some ice from the cafeteria for my shake in the morning...it seems to help thicken it a little.
magnolia blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:23 AM   #4  

Thanks for the info! I do have a microwave and fridge at work. And, I have the bars!
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/205/150

Height: 5"8"

Cream of Broccoli is good with cut cup celery and sliced white mushrooms. I like a little chunk in my soup. I love the soup!

I find doing the plan at work is a little easier for me than the weekends. I tend to eat a lot more salads during the weekends.

I found a little battery operated mixer at the drug store that works great on the shakes at work.

Good luck! I'm telling you after the first week you will feel so great! I can't believe the energy I have (which is the FAT burning!) and so motivating!
Vbevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 11:35 AM   #6  

I'm starting soon also. (I'm just waiting for my 1st order to arrive) I went over to Bed, Bath & Beyond and I picked up a shake container. It looks like a tupperware item/water bottle. It also has a removable insert for thorough mixing of powders/liquid. It's by "Zyliss", holds 500ml.
Chelle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:57 AM   #7  
ChubNoMo

I'm just restarting Medifast after too long of a break...

I take my shakes in a small Thermos already made up using my Magic Bullet. The Bullet is the best thing for the shakes! I use a long Starbucks straw and drink right out of the Thermos at my desk. I do mix the soups and cart them to work in a Tupperware bowl for nuking. Another great thing I bought was the "Blender Bottle" from Home Shopping Network. It's a shaker bottle with a metal thing in it to blend shakes up really good. Great for traveling.
VeggieGal is offline   Reply With Quote