Old 10-26-2007, 04:39 PM   #16  
zay

Hi Everyone. I registered here several years ago and just returned. I was so glad to find this group on Medifast as I'm trying to get going on it. It is hard in the beginning and I need some daily support. Anyone still on this?
zay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:20 PM   #17  

Height: 5'5"

Me. Day 22.

Are you going through main medifast or are you working with a counselor? I'm working with a great counselor and she helped me tremendously through the early days. No extra charge, she gets commission from my shakes .

Basically, she helped me set up a schedule, ie, when to eat, how to choose 5 and 1 or all medifast, and she offered me encouragement when I hit the Medifast second week stall. She also helped me figure out some logistical details. It took a lot of time the first three or four days, but after that, smooth sailing.
lettingslenderin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:11 PM   #18  
zay

Hi there Letting, I tried Medifast last year and lost 35 lbs. I went off plan and have not been able to get back on again. I have gained back 25. I have alot more to lose. I have a health advisor but she really doesn't have much time. I know I could change health advisors anytime but I feel bad.
Congratulations on losing 15 lbs!
(I tried to PM you but it wouldn't let me because I have under 10 posts on this board)
Old 10-27-2007, 08:44 AM   #19  
zay

Hi there. Did you receive a quick start guide with your products? There is a specific way to transition and maintain. I would work with your HA on that. It is a complete lifetime plan. I would follow that myself. I may be careful though with the carbs added. Are you doing the 5 & 1 plan? or the complete plan?
Old 10-27-2007, 09:00 AM   #20  

I'm doing five and one. I saw their transition and maintenance thing, but I just want to have the added security of another fixed meal plan for a while. Once I get the weight off, I may need some time to transition, longer than most people.

Oh my gosh, I just realized that I am finally in ONEDERLAND!!

Last edited by lettingslenderin; 10-27-2007 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:28 AM   #21  
zay

Well, I'm going to try again today. I am going to split my 1 Lean and green into to meals. I'm hoping it will be easier to stick to. One meal will be a cup of eggbeaters with veggies and the other will be a boca burger. 2 cups of eggbeaters is one Lean and 2 Boca burgers is one lean. How does this sound?

I'm up late today...not usual.

9:30 which is now... MF Oatmeal
11:30.. MF shake
1:30...omelette (1/2 L&G)
3:30 ..MF bar
5:30...MF Soup
7:30..Boca burger w/ fixings (1/2 L&G)
9:30...MF shake or pudding

Last edited by zay; 10-27-2007 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:30 AM   #22  
zay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettingslenderin View Post
Oh my gosh, I just realized that I am finally in ONEDERLAND!!
That is fantastic! Congratulations! Has it been a long time since you've been under 200? It has been a very long time for me.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:39 AM   #23  

Zay, put up your ticker! What's your history? Are you gonna do MF again?

Yes, it has been over a year since I last saw Onederland.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:44 AM   #24  
zay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettingslenderin View Post
What's your history?
Diet history??? Too long to type
Old 10-27-2007, 02:00 PM   #25  

Old 10-27-2007, 02:55 PM   #26  
Tracy

S/C/G: 275/239/160

Height: 5'9"

Good afternoon. First time on the site but thought some encouragement from others would be wonderful! I am doing really good with my program - it's the first that I have tried that actually works for me! 28 pounds in 6 1/2 weeks - !!! Glad to see there on forums on certain programs, etc. Great idea for recipes and stuff. I'm living on the brownies and chips on my program - i.e. make my packets into other stuff than just waht the directions say. It's so fun! How are all of you doing??
Traycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:01 PM   #27  
zay

Wow Traycm! 28 lbs in 6 weeks is wonderful! Congratulations.
Now tell me...how do you make brownies with your MF meals???

I have a little secret. I have been making my shakes out of the pudding.
8 oz of liquid... water, coffee, sf syrups, splenda packet
7 regular tray type ice cubes
pudding mix
blend for about 1-1/2-2 minutes
It is huge and so filling and delicious
Anyone who is doing Medifast has to try this. You won't be disapointed.

Letting,
I am doing Medifast today. I've got to figure out a way that works for me. I'm following my plan listed above. Like I said, I have tried to get back to losing weight since last winter and can't seem to stick with it.
I really want to reduce my health risks and be slim for next summer.

I'll put up my ticker later.

Last edited by zay; 10-27-2007 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:52 PM   #28  

Oooh, I'm going to have to try the pudding shake method, it sounds very promising. I checked out the nutritional differences, and it is minimal. Chocolate pudding has 20 more calories than the regular 55 shake, 3 extra grams carb and 3 extra grams of protein. So a tad more filling.

Ok, let's hear about the brownies. I gotta tell you, the Medifast oatmeal cookies were so revolting I threw them in the trash. The brownies have to be better than that!
Old 10-27-2007, 11:46 PM   #29  
Tracy

S/C/G: 275/239/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zay View Post
Wow Traycm! 28 lbs in 6 weeks is wonderful! Congratulations.
Now tell me...how do you make brownies with your MF meals???

)

I use the chocolate shakes, add 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder and about 3 Tablespoons of water. You want to make it in a small bowl - like the size of your small shaker jar that came with your meals. It needs to be like frosting consistency. THen level it out in the bowl/jar so that it is all the same thickness. Put it in your microwave for about a minute and make sure it is a soft solid (not burnt), let it set out for a few minutes and it's a brownie! You might have to experiment with the time as all microwaves are different. The Banana Shakes tastes like banana bread! Mmmmm... good! I also have a Take Shape For Life Health Coach - they don't sell the food! (I buy my food anyway!) THey give you support at no cost to you so I don't know why it says that - oh well. I love my Health Coach - if anyone is looking for one I can let you know how to get one! Good luck everyone! I am loving this program!
Traycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:06 PM   #30  

I'm going to try your brownie recipe tomorrow.

I have not been drinking very much water, but all of that is going to change tomorrow. I'm going to focus on getting all of my water in.

I readjusted my goal downwards five pounds to be closer to my usual adult weight.