The Maintenance Library books, articles, and book discussions

Old 09-09-2018, 12:52 AM   #16  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

This thread has gotten me thinking... Sometimes I wonder I would have more success if I kept the diet a secret... from myself even! The moment I start "trying" to lose weight, my brain starts thinking "must find a way to cheat"! I know the whole idea of a lifestyle change vs. a diet, but it still remains that you're trying to eat less and move more in order to weigh less....

Ah well... I like the idea of a secret. Never thought of it that way before...
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 05:59 AM   #17  

Hi, same question of @chubbybemmy, what about the paleo diet ? I heard a lot and hesitate to follow those advices ?
iamondiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:55 AM   #18  

I heard about the paleo diet and a work colleague was on it but he could not join in on any of our lunch meetings or outings because he was so restricted on what he could eat. For example no regular flour it had to be almond or coconut flour. No salt!!! Also getting all his carbs from veggies! He did it to please his fanatical wife and suffice to say after a few beers which he was not allowed anyway he would scoff down burgers, cakes, chocolates etc and make us promise to not tell. I think it leads to feelings of deprivation which ends up in failing unless you WANT to make paleo eating a lifestyle as its like choosing to be a vegan.
Not for me

Last edited by Maid Marion; 11-04-2018 at 08:55 AM.
Maid Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 05:29 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 225-224-199

Height: 5'6'' or 168 cm

I agree with DezziePS.
Only my partner knows and if anyone at work says things like: You lost weight, how did you do it? What are you eating? How much did you lose? ... I simply say thats pesonal and they usually but-out of my bussiness.
Fire Lollipop is offline   Reply With Quote