Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 09:30 AM   #1  

Default I have a Queastion

I started atkins today. I go to fitday.com to count the carbs. I am doing great on carbs but the fat is so high. Am I just paranoid because I have been fighting fat in my diet for so long. Can you really lose weight like this? I am going to do it but it just seems weird.
Old 01-08-2003, 10:07 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yup! You can lose weight on high fat! Lots of folk have the same question when they start a low carb plan but higher fat is just fine, especially on induction. We have been brainwashed and it's hard to get over it, isn't it?

Nice to see you here at 3FC Low Carb Lifestyles. Be sure to check out and post in the Daily where we talk about absolutely anything!
Old 01-18-2003, 10:37 AM   #3  

I just had to post a laugh here, Ruthxxx, that is just a hysterical line.....trying to be the kind of person my dogs think I am, I have a standard poodle, and I understand this completly. LOL. I am in Montreal neighbour.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:46 PM   #4  
surprising everyone

Kelltra... I started Adkins on the 20th of this month... and the answer to your questio is YES... so far I have lost 4 pounds in 5 days. It doesn't sound right but before I was only loosing 2 pounds a week with keeping my calories under 1200 and not eating anything that had a high content of sugar or fat in it. I was also running 2 miles a day... What I have lost this week was what I would have lost in 2 weeks before! Good luck with the induction... and if you are in need of menu ideas there are alot here that are great ideas... my favorite is Miracle Fluff... is perfect for me cause I have such a sweet tooth...
Old 01-26-2003, 09:02 PM   #5  

Default Just starting

I have been on the Atkins program for 3 weeks tomorrow and have lost 15 pounds. The quick weight loss gave me the boost I needed to continue my quest. I have found that I have to be creative. I am loving it!
Closed Thread