Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2002, 11:03 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default soup recipes?

With fall heading our way I have been thinking about making soup. I only know how to make 2 types of soup, lentil and Scotch broth. I can't eat them anymore as they both contain grated carrots as a thickening agent and on the Suzanne Somers Woe I can't eat carrots, potatoes, beets or corn.

Does anyone have any soup recipes that are low carb or know of any legal canned soups available in grocery stores?

Thanks!

Mauvaisroux
Old 09-09-2002, 01:43 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Gee, Mauvais, I don't know of any decent low carb canned soups. I sometimes buy canned bouillon or beef stock if I don't have any homemade on hand.

Most low carb soups I make are legal veggies and lots of meat. I even make "noodles" by making a thin egg pancake, rolling it up and cutting into strips. You CAN thicken a soup by adding egg yolk to it - mix hot soup into the yolk, not the other way around.
Chinese egg drop soup is good too - just mushrooms, chicken stock and coriander with an egg stirred in to cook in shreds. There is also a Greek lemony soup - avgolomeno? - that might be OK. I'll check out some recipes.

Good luck - but experiment!
Old 09-09-2002, 01:47 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Me again. In the Low Carb Recipe section under Miscellaneous, there are two reicpes - Cheezeburger Soup and Schwartzbein's Anytime Soup. They both look good.
Old 09-09-2002, 08:33 PM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Thanks Ruthxxx! I scrolled through that thread this morning but couldn't find anything until you pointed them out. Guess I couldn't see them for looking at them

I can't find any legal canned soups either, guess I'll have to make my own
Old 09-09-2002, 09:26 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

The Greek soup is made with chicken (OK) and rice (not OK)! However, I bet you could use cauliflower instead of rice if you chopped it finely.
Closed Thread