Old 09-17-2001, 07:00 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Daily Monday September 17

Good Morning! Coffee is just about ready. Back in an hour or so.
Old 09-17-2001, 08:19 AM   #2  
Senior Chicky

Good MOAN Day Morning!

A quick few minutes as DS is off to school and DH is still sleeping. He's normally up but neither one of us slept well last night. So, thought I'd let him sleep in this morning.

I'm determined to put some normalcy back in my days. I actually watched a movie yesterday and NOT the CNN channel. It was an old goofy John Travolta dance movie, but that's okay, anykind of dance/musical thing will hold my attention. I even got up and pretended I was dancing on stage with them! lol (only cause nobody was home! )

Ruth~~Hope you've got the Turkey Trotting under control!

Pooky~~Miree's room is adorable!

Dottie~~So good to see you again. Please take care of yourself.

Casey~~Hope to see you again soon.

LindaBC~~Don't get yourself in a panic about your trip. Things are safer now that they have been. God will be with you.

Keiri~~Prayers still going your way.

Leenie~~What a nice surprise to see you here!

Peach~~Great news about Jif. Hope it continues to improve. And how are you?

DebK~Jenny~Jennifer~Hensa~Scooby~Annie and all else to come...

I have a bit of paperwork to do this morning and then hitting the flower beds before it gets too hot. All that rain we had gave my plants root rot and the weeds are trying to outgrow the shrubs. What a mess!

Everyone have a wonderful day!

God Bless

J
Old 09-17-2001, 09:05 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Default Moaning Softly into my Coffee

Did a real "Duh" last night - was killing myself laughing over something when we arrived at the Bingo Country parking lot and tripped over a curb. Ended up with a swollen nose (not broken), scrapes and bruises on my face and shins. I also had a mouthful of what I am hoping was grass and earth - not recycled Kibbles 'n Bits! Anyhow, I cleaned up and worked the Bingo until 12:30 - sure was glad to get home and into my bed! Thanks God for Excedrin!

Gail is here cleaning this a.m. I am going to marry her when our husbands croak! Before she started to clean, she fixed the mower that DH and Numb Nuts Norm have been fiddling with for 3 days! This woman used to run a garage and drive a transport. Can't you see why I want to marry her?

Sunshine today is lifting my spirits. How about you, Chickies? This week will definitely be better than last. I plan to take my DH and the Little Mother on a picnic for lunch, maybe tomorrow. What have you got planned?
Old 09-17-2001, 09:37 AM   #4  

Hallo everyone!

You bunch just got up to start with your Monday I am ready to pack up go home after a long, long day.

I have been running between my manager’s office and mine. I had to change 1 stupid letter asking for permission to continue with tender procedures because they changed it, about 5 times in the last 2 weeks. First I had to make it out to a specific person, then procedures changed, I had to make it out to a another, that person got suspended, I had to change it yet again, and guess what today I had to change it yet again, every time the whole format must change, I can type this letter in my sleep!!!!

My boss does not have a secretary, and some days I feel he now sees me as one.

AAAGGGGG let me stop with my moaning….. I guess I just had a bad day.

I wish you all a lovely week
Old 09-17-2001, 10:23 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Hensa Honey - that's why we call it MOANday! Must be very frustrating. Hope the late afternoon and evening are better for you.
Old 09-17-2001, 10:25 AM   #6  

Good Morning or evening (Hensa!) everyone!

Catching up on the indoor chores today, Mount Laundry is more than a mount, it's a whole range today! Spent the better part of yesterday afternoon weeding out flower beds, digging up my veggie patch because the frost is bound to get it all soon, and uprooting all my potted plants as they have serious root rot. Only got half the lawn mowed, but will do the other half this afternoon. Dh was busy too--my front hedge is almost gone! I am building a huge built up walled flower bed in the front and all the bulbs I ordered earlier this summer will be arriving shortly. My gardens look like a complete mess--so much work to do--YIKES!

As for being OP, I failed miserably last night--got into my comfort food--PB & J. Today is water day--basically as much as my body can withstand! I weighed in, I'm still the same as last week but at least it didn't go up!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 09-17-2001, 10:48 AM   #7  

Good morning.
I spent yesterday at the British car show walking like a mannequin because my neck decided to be incredibly sore. It was one of those that makes your everything hurt and gave me a killer headache. Everybody around kept twitching their noses because I had Icy Hot on it to try and take away some of the pain. My family was embarassed by my smell! I was happy for Excederin too! Today I woke up and it's all gone. Yippy!
My daughter is home sick today and upset at missing yet another standardized test at school. They put so much pressure on kids about these tests. This is the second set of the year - already! They'll just have to understand I guess.
After much prodding, my son told me he has a date for homecoming - his first! A girl asked him. I never would have asked a guy in high school. Way too shy!
LindaBC - my parents recently returned from their trip to Scotland. They had an absolutely wonderful time. I bet you will too, especially in those newly taken in pants! It sounds like airline security is way better now that it ever has been, so you'll be plenty safe.
MamaJ - I was watching John Travolta too, except I wasn't dancing. I was loading the dishwasher with a little extra bounce in my step though.

My scale came unstuck in a big way. I was stuck at four pounds for a while and then the whoosh fairy visited and gave me five more, so I've lost nine.

Bye for now,
Chickadee
Old 09-17-2001, 10:49 AM   #8  
It's MY Life

Morning Everyone!! I just finally decided whether I am done with my things or not I am going to try and sit down and post this morning come*ell or high water. It is a gloomy, drizzly day, which suits my mood. Weekend went to fast!! Friday night my son started in his 2nd varsity game---they WON 52--24!!!!!! It is the second highest scoring total in the team's history. We are now 2 - 2----an amazing feat here believe me!! My son had an interception in the other team's endzone to save a touchdown!! What made it even better was that his grandparent's were here from WI AND it was broadcast on the radio--the announcers made a big fuss out of him being only a freshman. Tonight he plays Fresh/Soph QB and safety. Hopefully he will get some better protection than he did last week. It is Homecoming week at his school --- he absolutely was NOT interested in asking a girl to the dance. I don't mind that a bit!! Only maybe 2 of his friends asked someone so that seems to be the norm for his class. Times have changed though because I guess the dance is not strictly a date affair so he will go "stag" to that with his friends. Another busy week with that going on and I have "Open House" here at my school tomorrow night. We are making scarecrow people to sit in the kid's desks--that ought to be interesting. Last Friday our entire school gathered out on the front lawn by the flag wearing our red, white and blue. We sang some patriotic songs, said the "Pledge of Allegiance", had a moment of silence and then one of our jr. high boys played "Taps". My 3rd grade class has made a "Caring Wall". It is a LARGE piece of like butcher paper and it hangs in our hallway for people to write messages on. We are sending it to the rescue workers in NYC. It is a small thing, but they wanted to feel like they were doing something and so did I.

Pooky, my flowers are a mess too--it seems once I go back to school the poor things are pretty much on their own!

Hensa, it sounds like you have had a tough day--hope the evening goes better for you!

Ruth, sorry to hear about your accident!! OUCH!!

Mama J, was that movie "Saturday Night Fever"--I watched that Saturday afternoon on TV!! We also rented "Miss Congeniality" Saturday night---needed something light!! Is your son still doing football ?

debkay, did your DH get home finally?

Linda, great job on the weight loss!!!! What a great feeling to take clothes in huh??? When is your trip?

dottiejon, I was glad to see your post from the weekend--you hang in there--I am thinking on

Hello to all who follow------I have really missed you guys!!!!!
Old 09-17-2001, 12:02 PM   #9  
JHP

S/C/G: 351.5/201/136

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone!

Geting back to feeling normal after my yucky binge. I've lost 4 of the 13 lbs I gained and I can really see and feel the difference. I started therpay Saturday. I have an eating disorder (binge/purge), body dismorphia (warped body image), food addiction, & I'm depressed. Believe it or not, I feel better knowing what's wrong with me even though I have a lot of work ahead of me and it won't all be pretty.

Hensa - Hope you're enjoying a relaxing evening
Ruth - Hope you're feeling better. That is definitely something I would do. I'm such a klutz!
Chickadee - Congrats on your whoosh! Please send the whoosh fairy my way!
Pooky - Maybe I shouldn't tell you this but if you get the Food Network their Unwrapped show is all about pb tonight. It's on at 8:00 central
Annie - My sister teaches third grade as well. As she said, nothing like a real life history lesson (unfortunately).
MamaJ - Hi! Hope all is well with you and your family

Hi to all to come.

Jennifer
Old 09-17-2001, 02:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default to JHP - (Jennifer in Houston)

Hi Jennifer - this is in reply to your post, where you mentioned that you have been diagnosed with Body Dysmorphia.

I sent you a private message thru these boards but thought I better follow thru this way just in case you don't get it.

My son has been diagnosed with the same disorder and I would really appreciate being able to discuss this with you if you are willing to. I need all the info I can get my hands on and I would be more than glad to share any that I have with you.

My email address at work is *******************

Please email me if you are comfortable discussing this.

Thanks and God Bless!

Cathy

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 09-18-2001 at 11:32 AM.
Old 09-17-2001, 08:03 PM   #11  
Big Loser

Default Good Evening

Hi all...just a short note to check in.

Horrid day at work, I ate terrible, my kids didn't sleep last night and Iam in a generally crappy mood.

Tommorrow is another day! I will start over then.

Have a good Tuesday all!
Old 09-17-2001, 08:40 PM   #12  
Slimwithin

Hi everybody. I've had a busy day trying to get caught up on all our company paperwork (home office thank goodness) before my trip to Scotland. Hensa, I sure can relate to your work problems. My DH is a building contractor and i can't tell you how many times I have to redo the same darned thing. Usually he blames me for every little mistake too. Last night we had a huge blow-up over the paperwork and I ended up bawling my head off which is not a normal thing for me to do because I know it has absolutely no effect on the Ice-man. I just felt so unappreciated and I think all the agony of the past week and the worries about my upcoming trip (just three more days) was all built up inside of me. So I had a good weep and looked like H*ll this morning but feel better for it. I'm still mad at DH though, not that he notices. How can men just go on as if nothing has happened and we women ponder and grumble to ourselves and repeat the whole confrontation over and over again in our minds? Thankfully, for once, my emotions didn't drive me to the fridge. I just wanted to sleep so I did and this morning I went to the pool and really worked it all out. Had a good man-bashing session with one of the other ladies whose DH is a lot like mine it seems so we both felt better. Don't get me wrong, DH is a really good guy and works like a maniac but he's not the most sensitive person in the world. I guess when you lose both parents within a year of each other as an adolescent, it toughens a person.
Ruth, so sorry about your fall. Bet that hurt like a beach. Owie! Hope you're feeling better soon.
Funny, I watched the last half hour of Grease yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it all over again. Wish I'd seen it from the beginning. It brought me back to the 80's when I'd watch these things with #2 daughter and we'd learn all the songs and try to copy the dances. Another silly thing we'd do is try to copy the poses on the covers of the historical romance novels. I'd be the hunky guy and she'd be the heroine and we'd try to contort ourselves into the strangest positions. God I miss that girl. So glad I'll be seeing her again soon. Her DH is just as goofy as she is so we'll have a blast.
So great to see some of our long-lost Chicks back again and doing so well. Wow, Chickadee, you've already lost a bunch. Good for you.
Who'd I miss. Sorry, no time to check. Keep up the good work, my friends.
By the way, I've sent this URL to my daughter's computer so I can check in with you folks from time to time while I'm away. Hope it works.