Old 09-02-2001, 10:09 AM   #16  
It's MY Life

Hi Guys, it is the missing in action Annie!!! I am beginning to think that the hectic will never die down this year and that I am destined to forever be banished from the computer (and unfortunately exercise) I have been doing pretty well on the eating part though--having a 32 oz. bottle of flavored water (no sugar, sodium etc) and a low carb bar for lunch and then dinner is all apart portion control--during the week I don't have time to be too creative on the cooking front. Snacking at night is my tough time. Last week was excrutiatingly hot here and my classroom was about 87 every day--I felt weak at night when I came home. These last 2 days have been wonderful--cool, fresh and sunny. DS had his first VARSITY playing time on Friday. One of the starters was injured and they skipped over 2 upper classmen and put in my son--I was standing there talking and all of sudden I was like----THAT"S MY KID OUT THERE! He played Defensive Back for most of the 3rd quarter and all of the 4th. The coaches all seemed pleased with his play-(darn it)Is it possible to be so proud and have your tummy hurt so bad at the same time) DS had his first HS dance after the game so my husband I and had 5 couples who's boys are his friends over after the game til it was time to pick the boys up from the dance. We drank, ate and talked--it was fun. Then we when the boys showed up we fed that hungry throng and sent them downt to the family room. Going to have to do that more often! (The get together--not sending them to the basement Next fresh/soph game is Tues. against a team of giants--say a prayer!!!

I will come back and post more after I get caught up on all of the posts from this week!!! Looks like we have some new "faces"!!! Welcome!!!
Old 09-02-2001, 06:11 PM   #17  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi annie sounds like youve been a bit busy. I was working today cuddeling and hugging a little tyke, such a doll. i love that little guy. I have company comming tomorow and it will be a busy night as i clean ansd gat the regular stuff done for the weekend too, and get the kids ready for school!!!

I must run HI all!!! sory for the short post!!
Old 09-03-2001, 12:18 AM   #18  
Trying to find my way.

Wow i Just finished cleanning the mud room, (the place with all the shoes coats boots and the entry to the laundry) what a mess!!! I also moved 2 dressers with hutches to my bedroom so i can place my clothes neatly there instead of in a pile on the shelf in the COLD closet, i them moved my sons room all around i did not get his clothes put away as they all need to be sorted for small things, i also went shopping with my DD for underclothing, but do not tell her i said that, she would kill me. does anybody know how to turn down these batteries i need some sleep!!!!
Old 09-03-2001, 06:30 AM   #19  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Good Labour Day Morning

Hi everyone, Nasus40 (Sue), I hope you finally did go to sleep! the adrenalin sure pumps when you have lots to do.

Cool but sunny again today - I may have to turn on the furnace! We seldom have a frost this early in the year but it was below 40F last night.

Our Church Chicken BBQ was a great success - 600 half chickens were cooked and most of them sold. This project was to raise money for repairs to our Rectory/Manse/Parsonage and it looks like we have $3000. We sold off the leftover chicken (about 50 halves) and I now have cold chicken in my fridge for everyone for the week - actually just 5 halves. I see a lot of chicken salad and soup coming up.

This is a good thing as I desperately need to get back on track. Last week was busy and tiring and I realized I really am a stress eater - self-medication with carbs. The one thing that has changed in me this last year is that I now recognize what causes me to want to eat - sometimes it's too late, however. (In a tiny voice "like those chocolate chip cookies I got at the bakery when I picked up my pies").

Hope everyone has a great Labour Day although a really busy one for most.
Old 09-03-2001, 07:22 AM   #20  
Senior Chicky

Default Good Morning!

Coffee is decaf~~anyone need a cup?

I've been awake since 3:00. So, I finally decided to stop beating up the pillow and just get up! I have a feeling it's going to be a long day!

I think I'll take DH out to breakfast. I'm not even going to pretend to be OP today! We're having a fish fry and tomorrow is nothing but meat and salad for two weeks....so

We had a great time at chat last night! I had to jump out as grandbaby needed grandma's immediate attention with a cut foot but it was fun while it lasted!

I need more coffee....I'll check back in later!
Old 09-03-2001, 07:31 AM   #21  

Well, Ruth, we were the last in bed, and the first ones up!

It is cool and autumnal (spelling?) here today, great for fall cleaninng, if anyone feels motivated...

Had a great time last night in chat, TWICE! once in the entry room, found LindaBC and had a great gab, then later with Ms Spotdog, Mama J and eventually, Ruth! My poor fingers are sore from typing. Does that count for "E?"

Going to finish my vacuuming and dusting, make a loaf of bread in the bread machine for DH for next week, and cook up some chicken breasts and burgers in advance. If I grill extra burgers, I find they reheat OK at work the next day, and I can melt cheese on them in the microwave. I am off to Waldbaums (grocery) for a couple of grapefruits and more salad stuff, and a couple of small steaks and chops. Mayo clinic for a couple of days, then we'll see what happens. I saved the plateau buster Ruth posted, and may keep that idea around too. Although I have been feeling pretty good with my 15 gram carb per meal thingie. I have kept off the 3 lbs I had gained, and hope to be under 180 next week.

So, watchout Sue, I'm right behind you!

Not much else going on. Nevr got to the stores yesterday, I may walk thru the mall later. (sounds like "e" to me!!)

DH is better today, still congested, but downstairs working out anyway. What a champ. But put a vacuum cleaner in front of him and he has to lay down...yesterday, I actually did leave the vacuum out in the den, when I went out, and he wrapped up the cord and moved it over out of the way, but did not actually
turn it on! Oh, no, just moved it for me to use later!

Have a good one,
dottie
Old 09-03-2001, 01:00 PM   #22  

LOL - that is too funny about your hubby!

That was fun in chat yesterday - so sorry that I missed Ruthie!

Going to be warm here again today. Going to change the boys' beds today and attempt to de-ant Bry's room as they have been crawling on him at night (ick!) and he isn't too happy about it! We have been having a terrible time with ants here lately. I swear that Elverta is built on a giant ant hill cuz we can never seem to get a handle on the situation.

I bought 2 cooked chickens, tuna tins, mushrooms, celery, eggs, cabbage at the store last evening so I will once again attempt to eat OP this week. I have been having the hardest time just stinging together 2 OP days for ages now. But it is a new day and I am hopeful (no, not THAT one).

Bryan is back at the baseball again (are you surprised?) playing what is called 'Winter ball' but it is held from mid-August thru end of October and our area can see some mighty hot temps at this time of year. If they call it Winter ball does it make us 'feel' cooler when we are sitting in the stands when it is 105? These great coaches he plays for are putting together a traveling team to start playing in February and it looks like they have a very talented team! Bry will be playing 1st base and pitching. I am so thankful that he isn't interested in football. Of course, when he gets to high school (he's only in 7th right now but at 5'7" 135 lbs.) I know he will get preasure from those coaches to play. We will cross that bridge when we come to it.

I'm finished with my big client's audit for another year but now have to clean up the path of destruction I left while concentrating on it.

Sue & Dottie - you two are doing great! Keep it up, you are very motivating!

Janice - Have fun today and I hope the next two weeks go fast for ya and are very sucessful.

AdoAnnie - Take a deep breath, you can do it! Love hearing about you football star son!

Casey - So great that you joined us!

Ruthie - When will we find out when we will have little Hersheys running around?

Mum - Have a fun swim party!

Chicadee - Hope your son had a good time - but not 'too' good of a time! lol

Linda - I just missed ya in chat yesterday! Maybe next time.

Scooby2 - Don'tcha just love babies?

Pooky - You've been painting so much I bet you have permanent paint under your fingernails! Bet it looks great - can't wait to see pics!

Debkay - Glad the band sounded good at least!

Tippy - Hi!

jdoneil1 (Joanne?) - I will have to check out that recipe site - I would like some new crockpot ideas!

Peachie - Sweetie, thinking happy thoughts about you and yours. Did you bring your whistle and stripped shirt for that shopping trip?

Have a good one all. Just remember, just because we aren't going to eat those cakes, cookies, pies today doesn't mean that they are going to disappear from the planet. They will be around and once we get ourselves under control, then we will be able to think about them rashionally (sp?) and make intelligent decisions about indulging in them. Everyone else on the planet isn't going to eat them all. We don't have to 'be sure to get our share'. (this might not apply to you, you know that I am trying to convience myself of this fact.)

Love ya all.

Kel
Old 09-03-2001, 01:18 PM   #23  

OK, here I am, Mrs. Sleepyhead! My dh let me sleep in this morning and I didn't get up until 10:30! I tell you it felt wonderful though. yes, I did paint all day yesterday and today I am going to be putting in the final touches. I still have to steam clean the carpets and getting all the furniture back in place. I have to wait for my neighbour's daughter to come and do the last sketches and the final touches with me because she's truly the artist--I just paint.

Kel--Gives a whole new meaning to "Don't let the bed bugs bite"! Have fun de-anting!

Hey Dottie, looks like I missed a good chat! Maybe next time...

Oh Janice, don't you just hate when you can't sleep? I have been taking prenatal vitamins and they are loaded with folic acid and I swear it has gotten me up at 4 am and made it really hard to go back to sleep!

I agree Ruth, it has been really cold lately and I hope it doesn't frost too soon. I still have my pumpkins on the vine and they are just small critters yet. I'm hoping to get them bigger so I'm holding out for a late frost!

Sue, you're killing me man, you're the busiest woman I've seen this weekend! You and I were night owls last night--I got addicted to a slot game and didn't go to bed until 1am--what was you excuse?

Howdy do Annie! Nice to see you again! I can see you've been one busy lady, don't worry we always have room on the sofa for you!

Have a great swim party Mum!

Hope you all enjoy your Monday to anyone I missed and wecome to all our newbies!
Old 09-03-2001, 02:06 PM   #24  
Senior Chicky

Angry It's raining ....It's pouring....

Janice's day is getting boring....

It just started absolutely pouring down rain here...AGAIN! We desperately needed the rain but a solid week of it! As you'll see from some of my posts I'm having a brain rain fart. Can I say that here? Wait till you see what I did to the word Welcome! And it just flew off these fingers with no thought! OMG! As a great hen lady told me recently (lovingly of course) I need a life! And preferably one with no rain for a bit!

Dottie and Kel~~You guys had me cracking up! I got it Kel, tho a bit slow! And Dottie, your baby's sick, he might work up a sweat pushing that vacuum around the room WHEN IT WAS TURNED ON!!

Pooky~~Can't wait for the pics. Hey, you did the painting~take credit for it! What's that Hebrew hot dog commercial "I take credit for everything".

Chickadee~~How did "The Boys" getaway go? Been thinking of you.

Peach~~Positive vibes and love being sent to Joisey right along with those prayers. Did you survive the shopping trip?

Where's DebK?

Where's Jenny? Really concerned about her.

And Ynaught? Anyone heard from her?

Annie~~Proud F-ball Mama! Boy can I relate! Good to see you! You're missed!

Sue~~The gym and Mayo start tomorrow! I am VERY committed! So, I'm going to be racking up those little smilies under my name too~~I even got a B 12 shot yesterday to try to gain some of your energy! LOL Slow down and take a break!

Joanne, Christy, Casey, Stacey, JHP and anyone else I've missed a big
from Houston!!

I took DH out to breakfast (even put on makeup first, he was impressed! ), then did the Sams stop. I stocked up on cases of grapefruit juice, meats and bags and bags of prepared salad fixings, stacks of bacon so I'm ready to go! I'm ready for Mayo! Just hope I'm this enthusiastic by day 5 of it! LOL I'm going to the gym to weigh in tomorrow. I really don't know exactly where I'm at but have agood idea.

Later my friends! Have a safe holiday!

Janice

Last edited by MamaJ; 09-03-2001 at 02:10 PM.
Old 09-03-2001, 10:11 PM   #25  
Trying to find my way.

Oh MY I sure had a interesting day. I cleaned last night but as i got to bed i heard my dog barking, really loud and for a long time. I pretended to not hear then suddenly I smelled why he was barking,
BIG SKUNK STINK
Well when the morning came My DH went out side and saw the dog standing over a dead skunk. it went in his pen and DDog killed it, well you can guess what i did this morning. no amount of scrubbing cleaned him up. and it got me smelling too. And I had company today!!!! the good news is DH would not let me touch the food. well I ended up eantin me out of house and home for the carbs, oh well I think after that stink i deserved some thing sweet!!!

Janice i love the way you did welcome. I could use ssome rain still is is very dry here yet!!

Pooky I can not believe I did all that yesterday and continued to today also. but i do not usuallly get all that done. I just needed to get it done so .... and yo with your painting??? that is hard work and mind bogoling. I really wish that I can borrow you, (and bring DD with you of course!!)

Kel your little guys have ants in their pants??? Poor things. That sure is a itchy situation!! good luck with the de-anting.

Dottie- ROTFLMAO that is MY DH. He would do just that. You are doing fantastic, WHOOO HOOO I love to see the numbers go down, after today you will probably beat me.

I can say that i have been down this low only once since my first DD and that was just before I got preg with DD#2 so I am hitting new records here.

Gosh I wish that i got in the chat room last night.

Janice what are you doing up so early? I have been dying for a fish fry!!! MMMM sounds good.

Ruth well I would have been to sleep earlier if the dog did not wake me I love checken BBQ. I will take the halves!! My MIL used to cook them every year but has not if a few years. so I miss it. sounds like a great way to get back on the target!!

Well all the others hope the day was great. tomorow is the kids last day before school starts here can not tell I am a bit enthusiastic???