Old 08-31-2001, 09:03 PM   #1  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Default Welcome Shannon

I thought that this would get lost in the bio thread so i brought it up.

New here also!
My name is Shannon and I will be twenty three years old on Sunday. I have been married 10 years (yes, since I was just 18) and am very happily married. We have no children yet, but we would both like to start trying some day soon. I wouldn't change a thing. Except my weight. When I first got married I was a size 10. Which to some people, that isn't very small, but at my height (5 foot even) that was a perfect weight for me. I was about 140lbs. Now I am bursting out a size fourteen and weight 182 lbs. My mom has recently lost 20 lbs on the Atkins diet in the past two months, so I'm thinking I shouild really try this diet. I did all this week and the one thing I can definetly say for it is that you are rarely hungry at all. Which is good because I could usually eat 24/7. But I after one week, I have lost nothing. How long will I have to be on this for me to be able to start notincing a differnce? Also, I'm getting tired already of eating eggs and bacon for breakfast every morning and cucumbers and sugar free jello at lunch every day. Are there someone simple, yet inexpensive foods I could buy at the grocery store to give me some variety? Any input you guys have will be extremely helpful!

Drink tons. shannon, that is the biggest key to it all. dring about 100 oz and more daily.check out the recipe section for foods and that should help. there is no reason that you have to limit your self to eggs in the morning i eat hamburgers and ham and anything at breakfast and dinner. i eat eggs for dinner at times too.
Old 09-01-2001, 11:13 AM   #2  
Senior Chicky

Angry Welcome Shannon

Glad you've joined this great site!

I'm like Nasus....I don't limit breakfast to bacon and eggs. Sometimes it's meat/cheese roll ups, hamburg pattie or leftover meat from dinner with cheese.

We used to have some great threads which were helpful in starting off on LC. I'll try to find them. Some titles you might watch for is "What's in your LC fridge", Breakfast Ideas, Snack Ideas.

Best of luck!

J
Old 09-01-2001, 04:56 PM   #3  
Slimwithin

Welcome, Shannon. Glad you decided to join us.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY. But I have one question. If you're turning 23 tomorrow, and you've been married for 10 years, how can you have been married when you were 18? Either you're turning 28 or you were married at 13.
Old 09-03-2001, 08:51 PM   #4  

Default OOPS!

Sorry guys. I am 23 and did get married at 18. I've been married five years, not ten. I think I just had being a size ten again on my brain. Forgive my silliness. Again, any support you guys can offer as far as food ideas goo for brakfast and lunch are appreciated! Also, thanks for bringing my message out here where it can be seen!
Old 09-03-2001, 09:21 PM   #5  
Senior Chicky

Angry Hey Shannon!!

Hon, it doesn't matter how young or old you are...how long you're been married! Those are nice things to share BUT GUESS WHAT???? WE ARE JUST GLAD TO KNOW YOU!!! So please don't apologize! Geesh, if that was the only error I made in my life, I think I'd be about puuurrrrrfect!

Shannon~Did you check out the thread for "What's in my LC fridge/pantry"? Just gives you items to keep stocked. Remember, breakfast does not have to be bacon and eggs! LOL I can be meat/cheese/cream cheese roll ups, hamburg patties, sausage, on and on! I've been known to eat broccolli for breakfast! It's whatever works for you within the LC guidelines! Now girl, where does an egg have "breakfast" stamped on it? LOL

Be creative and discover what is comfortable for you and what fits into YOU lifestyle! TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS !!!