Old 08-24-2001, 09:54 PM   #16  

Default Comfort/Shmomfort

I'm right under the flight path of Newark airport and have this honkin' big house with only one spouse and kid. I guess the one spouse is a given.

What I'm trying to say is... if anyone needs a place in NJ, I'm happy to offer my home. I know you folks don't know me from Eve :::chuckle:::: but I'm okay, really!

Morris county is a bit of a hike from here, but it's not bad... and my schedule is flexible enough that I could be taxi service.

I'm serious.

Just say the word.

Karen
OP- 12 days
Old 08-24-2001, 10:13 PM   #17  
Senior Chicky

Default Okay~~I'm serious!!

I can fly to Joisey and visit my friends AND enjoy a break away from Houston AND........ Hey, I think I like this.....! It truly would be nice to have a much needed escape for myself AND a nice lunch as I enjoy hiding away!
Old 08-24-2001, 11:36 PM   #18  
Slimwithin

I have never seen such loving, no questions asked support as I'm seeing here today. You Chicks are really something else. Peach, if you're smart, you'll take them up on their wonderful, generous offers. I bet Jiff would be so inspired to know that there is so much love and support for her here. I wish I could fly down there too, chicken purse in hand, and help whomp the daylights out of whoever needs it the most.
Old 08-25-2001, 03:43 AM   #19  

Linda! I am smart (sometimes And you are right these gals are special!

Janice, you and anyone else come up here! Casey, tell Janice that the flight into Newark is not the most scenic except maybe for a glimpse at the twin towers and the statue of liberty. And besides Janice...it is cool here, at least in the mornings and the evenings! How did you know that my guest room does not even have a bed in it?

Honestly, I was hoping for a beach party...but this is ok too!!!

I spoke with Jiff this evening and told her that the "chicks" were not happy. She giggled and said , "uh oh!"

peach
ps bring the snake, Janice...the little guy would be pleased as punch! (although, I might lose all contents of my stomache!)
Old 08-25-2001, 05:56 AM   #20  
Work in Progress

Hello.

First I want to say that I got all choked up by teh feelings and support here!!!

Then I would like to go on that this is a perfest example of how little some of the medical community knows about weight. How easy it is to fall into and go with the stereotype of being overweight.

First there is the starvation mode. then there could be the fact that she is carb sensitive. Give me 800 cal of carbs or 800 cal of low carb and my body would do 2 different things.

Just how much food to they think you have hidden away??????
Is it that grocery cart that you stroll by the nursing station with???
Because I am thinking taht this woman must do nothing but eat, with no one catching her the whole day to justify her weight gain. Where is teh garbage that would go with this hidden eating???
Is anyone using there heads???
Do people beleave that overweight people eat from sunrise to sunset???
Has anyone done any measurments?chest x-rays? lab work to check her electrolytes. Check for edema?? Check the medication conflicts??? Listen to her lungs? Checking her fluid intake and out put??

Oh my I have got my panties in a bunch!!!

Don't take any nonsence from these peolple and suggets that their is a gap in their medical training. Also remind them of commen courtesy and dignity and customer service. remember they work for you.

Pat
Old 08-25-2001, 09:02 AM   #21  

Default "leaving on a jet plane"

The most scenic thing from the air as you come into Newark is NOT the statue of liberty, or the twin towers of NY (as breathtaking as those are) but the ROOF of my house. :::laugh::::

Seriously, I offer an open invitation to any and all. The Manse has been used as a B&B for lesser reasons, this is a reason with heart.

I agree with the starvation-mode theory. It's amazing to watch folks in the medical profession who can't believe that their own ideas don't work. Medicine is an art, not a science.

Keep us posted Peach, and again, let me know if there's anything I can do. If it would help to have a very large female clergy person, complete with clerical collar breathing down someone's neck, I'd be happy to do so.

Karen
OP - 13
Old 08-25-2001, 09:22 AM   #22  
she who must be obeyed

peachie, how goes it today??

So glad you have the meeting set up for Monday with the head nurse. If nothing else comes out of it, she will know that two of her nurse's are not acting in a kind caring way toward a patient and her family. Perhaps the two nasty nurse's have a thing about overweight people. Hope not, because they of all people should have an open mind.

Just know peachie, if I can't be there physically, I will be the little, well okay, the heavy angel sitting on your right shoulder.

Janice wish I could meet you there!! We don't know what my husband's travel schedule is for next week. DARN HIM!!!! I think he should just tell them he can't go, so I can be the one on the plane.

CHICKADEE!!!! So very glad to see you posting again!! I have had you on my mind for the past week or so. How is your son?? As for baseball, my Brave's may be in first place, but they are hanging on by a very, very thin thread. Our pitching staff is getting very long in the tooth. But, like peachie said, ya gotta believe.

peachie, I like Karen's idea of a large female clergy collar and all (her words not mine) standing beside you as you have the meeting. She could also help hold up that right shoulder of yours since I will be sitting on it

Keep us updated!

Luv Ya
Debbie
Old 08-25-2001, 10:10 AM   #23  

I'm not, at this point, a Low Carber, but I'm a pal of Ruth's and I sometimes lurk here. I asked Ruth about Jif and she explained the situation. Boy, my knickers would be twisted too if someone accused me of sneaking food into a hospital! The nerve!!!
Peah Pit, you and Jif are in my thoughts and prayers. And, if I could, I'd travel there and raise some **** in that hospital! Tell Jif hello and give her a hug for me. Take care and God bless!
Old 08-25-2001, 11:29 AM   #24  

Tippy! Any friend of Ruth's is a friend of ours...besides, We all know that I am very afraid of her accessories!!!!

Pat...All of the reasons that you have stated are why my britches are bunched up their right with yours!!!

Debkay, I know that you are with me...I just know it and it is a great comfort...of course do try to squeeze some of those frequent fliers out of dh but since he seems so much like my dh, I know that he isn't going to part with them!!!!

Casey! I am going to pm you with the details. I think that I am about 30 minutes from you, perhaps 45. I will meet you at the hospital at your convenience. Jiff has met with my Baptist minister, her Catholic priest, a rabbi and some other non denominational clergy that I can not think of. The thought of a "very large female in a clerical collar" just makes my day and I know that it would make Jiff's too! (A God Breeze comes to mind...I think that is a phrase that one of my favorite chicks here uses!) Oh, and Casey...I'll stop parking in the "clergy only" parking spaces ok?

I spoke with Jiff this morning and there is a new sign on her door. This one says to make sure that when they weigh Jiff that they are to use the SAME ELECTRONIC SCALE!!!! Do you believe it???? How many of us know better than to go using different scales!!! DUH! If it wasn't so pathetic I would be rolling on the floor!

Thanks again chicks! love you!
peach
Old 08-25-2001, 11:50 AM   #25  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Peach if it was possible i would be there too. I sure hope that some thig can get done. I have to admit that i was teary eyed at the love that was comming out in these posts. with all that behind you I know that some thing can get done. there is alos the thought that as jiff has been low carbing for a while the introcuction to carbs, (sandwhich, and the few other things they are alowing her) is causeing water gain. when i was camping i did not gain weight but about 10 # if fluid lost whithin the week. that is also another consideration to consider. the starvation mode i think is the most reasonable, and most easily explained to the docs, especially if a nutritionalist is there, (Is she going to be?) that along with the fact of low carbing then introducing the carbs back in the diet can certailny cause weight gain.

some food to fuel the point. best of luck and if no answers get achieved then let us know and get a phone number i can find some onw in authority to get on theri cases. I know the Drs. Edies have a line through their website that you can get a hold of them and i am sure knowing the case this would really get through to them and we can have them at bat for jiff.

please give her a huge hug and for monday you better bring a huge chicken purse because we all wil be there in spirit, for those who can nnot be there in body.

all our love
Old 08-25-2001, 04:58 PM   #26  

Default Sob!

Wow, I'm sitting here wiping tears too!

Boy - MIA for a couple days and all heck breaks loose here!

Sure wish I was independently wealthy and could fly out there to be with you and Jiff, Peachie! Glad that you are on top of things, tho. I thought this whole subject was put to rest earlier in the week when the doc said something about wondering if you or someone else was sneaking Jiff food and you said NO WAY? I would be royally pissed off if he/she is still thinking that! Just how STUPID are these people? Don't they realize that you KNOW why Jiff is in the situation she is in and that you love her and would never do anything to hurt her? These people NEED TO GET A CLUE! I think Janice needs to bring many pairs of boots with her so you all will all be properly equiped for any necessary BUTT KICKING!

Hang in there, sweetie and give our Jiff a hug and squeeze from me.

(Hello! to Chickadee! So nice to see ya! How is the new job(s)? We've missed ya - please re-join us, you don't even have to be doing LC. We don't care, we just love ya cuz you're good people!)

(still giggling about Debkay as an angel sitting on Peachie's shoulder. But Debkay, don't angels have feathers?)

Kel
Old 08-25-2001, 05:23 PM   #27  
she who must be obeyed

Kel, you just sent a shudder through my body, didn't think about those wings being..........ugh feathers Well, I will just have to be the frist featherless angel. I KNOW, we'll make my feathers out of construction paper!!!

peachie do I understand that they were weighing her on different scales?? That could be a big part of the problem.

Hang in there dear peachie!

Debbie
Old 08-25-2001, 05:37 PM   #28  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

KATHUMP

How stupid can I be. Peach did this not start with a asthma attack?? and what is the usual treatment of Asthma???

STEROIDS

And the most common side effect of steroids?

FLUID RETENTION

How stupid of me for forgetting that. BUT how even stupider of them for forgetting that too. so more fuel for your fire!!! good luck!
Old 08-25-2001, 07:40 PM   #29  

Susan, I just tried calling Jiff to tell her what you posted, but her line is busy. My step daughter also said that if she is in respiratory failure that she should be getting a diuretic...I know for a fact that she is not.

Kel I was dealing with 2 different docs. The first one, Dr B. a male was the one that made the comment a couple of days ago. He stands in for Dr F (a she)Dr. F is the one that has been very good to Jiff for the past couple of years and when dr f (the she) heard that Jiff was gaining her first move was to check her legs...soooo I was really ticked about her the comments yesterday from THE SHE. Dr F by the way is about a size 2...but I try not to hold it against her!!!

Debkay...those are wings...angel wings and they can be made of whatever you want when the little bell goes off and you get your wings. WANT ME TO STENCIL THEM FOR YA?????????? HOW COOL!! Yes, you understood that correctly my friend...they HAVE been using different scales to weigh her. UNBELIEVABLE!

Jiff looked good today and was completely overwhelmed by all of your comments. and...the sign was still there today so I took it down...tra la tra la tra la!

peach

ps...I just got off the phone with Jiff, Susan, I told her what you and my step daughter said and I could tell she was grinning ear from ear! She said, "Aren't they smart!" The nurse was in the room and I am sure that Jiff is going to relay that message! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Old 08-25-2001, 09:24 PM   #30  
Senior Chicky

Peach~~glad things are a bit better today!! GOOD FOR YOU taking that ridiculous sign off Jif's door!

I'm still here, bags packed, chicken purse and snake cage in hand! (I'm not about to touch that **mn thing! I'm only bring "it" for the little guy!) I know you have family in friends there for support but it's not the same as your buds here! Give the word girl! 'til then know that we are there in spirit and love for YOU and Jif.

Casey~~that is so sweet of you! (Umm, have you cleared that offer with DH yet? lol )

Deb~~how many frequent flier miles does DH have? Maybe we can get Kel there too!

Peach~~whatever you need hon. I believe that you know we're with you and your sis and will do whatever we can!

J

Chickadee~~so good to hear from you again! You've been missed! Hope you'll be back more often!