Old 11-29-2004, 06:59 AM   #1  

Default Nov 29- Dec 5 Weekly Chick Chat

starting up!

Old 11-29-2004, 07:11 AM   #2  

well, it sounds like everyone had a quiet day yesterday- after the busy holiday weekend, it was nice to just crash yesterday. I went to a mall for a bit with DS to get out of the house, it wasn't too crowded, and we needed a walk! we had the big wind also, with heavy rain in the morning. but by afternoon it was pretty nice, mild for november.

I have to get back into my LC eating for the next couple of weeks. I have had some good days but more bad days lately. I feel like I have 3 weeks ahead that I could do SOMETHING with, if I try. I have been overeating and eating too many carbs, not enough protein. I have the remains of an 18 lb. turkey in the frig. NO EXCUSES! (stuffing?) Threw out the pie yesterday, and drank the last glass of wine in the bottle. Made baked ziti for DH and MIL, so they're set for a day or two and maybe I can get myself together!

Got a good amount of work to get to at work, that might keep my fingers from snacking. No other real news. went to the library and got the new Joyce carol Oates book "the Falls" set in Niagara falls. Good so far-

Who else wants to put in 3 solid weeks ON PLAN? that's my goal- increase water, vegetables, protein. Decrease everything else, just keep a little fruit.

well, off to work I go- see ya later,
dottie
Old 11-29-2004, 07:15 AM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Dottie and all to come.

No school today for teacher workshop but it will still m a work day for myself and older boy who has school projects to finish.

I have errands to run, I was waiting for the rush at the mall to be over. I will take both kids to find a gift for Dad today.

I did not reach my walking goal for this month. I did not count on being sick for a week or that I wouldn't get anything or any time to myself with comany here.
Overall I did get 50 miles in but I set a goal for 75....

Ok off to the shower so i can move along with my day. I will get to the eliptical later. I need that snity time!
be well and have a good day.
-L
Old 11-29-2004, 07:53 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good glorious morning. It looks like a cold but sunny day here in the eastern Ontario wilderness. The woodstove was still hot this morning so I just threw in a piece of wood and it caught. An auspicious start!

However....and Life is full of Howevers! ....Lucy managed to snitch my bank card out of my jacket pocket last night and chomped it badly. I should know better than to leave my jacket over the back of a chair. This afternoon I'm off to see if I can get a new bank card. Luckily I did use it Saturday to get cash so I'm solvent for a bit. Maybe she did me a favour!

Dottie, I'm with you. My eating has been terrible lately and even included a very deviant box of Ferraro Rocher chocolates last night! We had pasta for dinner and carbs seem to make me want more carbs. So today will be water, veggies and protein. I've already had my one fruit - half a mango.

I am going to do a bit of clothing sorting this morning and am going to Lurker Lorraine's house for coffee mid-morning. She is going to take off to Florida soon so probably it'll be our last visit before she cranks up the Greenhouses in early March!

Happy Monday to all!
Old 11-29-2004, 10:35 AM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Good Morning!

Im with you Dottie!! Ive been doing good, but when I get calls (last night)from the ex I tend to falter, and fall flat on my face in a box of hoho's! But I did good last night dh made me snuggle with him and he got my mind off the s.o.b. But I have to talk to him again today. I always get worked up and stressed out when I have to face him. So anyway, Im with you, and thats why Im back posting everyday. You ladies are the greatest!!

Ruth, sounds like a nice start to your morning!! Anytime a fire starts up on the first log has to be good!! We have a wood pellet stove, so I just have to flip a switch, BUT.........I didnt have to add a 40lb bag of pellets this morning!!

We are starting a big sign today.....Im really excited about it. Its probably the prettiest one we have done yet. It has lots of scrolling bits on it, pretty colours and the business owner is thrilled with the design. So hopefully it will turn out as nice as we think it will.

Im off to get dressed and start my day.......have a good one!!

Robin
Old 11-29-2004, 10:49 AM   #6  

Ohhhhh! Let's all go to Florida for the winter - wouldn't that be grand?

We went to San Jose for Thursday - Saturday (poor lipo sis has gained some pounds since she had her female plumbing removed last year so she isn''t so high and mighty now). It was nice to be with family. My two neices were there (24 & 21) and we tied together a couple quilts for the out of town nephews. I don't think my boys were too bored - there was a school down the road where they went to skateboard & play basketball.

We had a bad rain storm pass thru Friday night that dumped LOTS of water and then it was VERY windy all Saturday. There is a freeze warning out also as our temps are dipping into the low 30s/high 20s. BOY am I a baby about the cold - maybe I should move to Hawaii. (yeah, right)

I'm with you about trying to pull it together and eat better over the next 3 weeks, Dottie. I'm going to work on that.

Have a great monday everyone - I've got to have my eyes dialated today so my mom is going to taxi me there and back - so no workie for me but I do have stuff to do at home (always)

Kel
Old 11-29-2004, 11:24 AM   #7  

Happy Monday Morning!
whew! after a extremely productive weekend- it's the time to relax! too bad work gets in the way!

Friday I shopped and we have most of the christmas presents done now.

Saturday we got my diamond ring and wedding ring back from being sized- I lost 1 ring size too!
then we got the boys measured for their tuxes. I can't wait to see him all dressed up. I've only seen him in a suit one time for a friend's wedding and he looked Good! Then we went up to his brother's place for the afternoon. He owns a flower shop and his wife owns a salon right next door. a while ago they said they would give us the flowers for a wedding present. so I picked out roses- lavender and white (30 for my bouquet) and pearled stephanotis and he said don't worry about it- it's covered. something like 90 something roses for the bouquets and bouteniers, and corsages...free! good deal!

sunday I went to my first baptist church. We've been doing premartial counseling with an independent pastor and he's been hinting that we really should have a church so we had been looking around and decided on this one- I liked it- amazing how friendly everyone was- really felt good. Not sure how my parents are going to take it yet- They're catholic and raised me catholic and I went to a catholic private school growing up. But I tried the catholic church down here- few and far between - and didn't feel welcomed at all or that it was "right". At least I'm going to church now- I hope they see that point.

going to take MIL and the family to see Disney on Ice Friday night- Beauty and the Beast. She never wants to go anywheres so I bought a ticket and then called her and told her- no refunds, you're going! other than that- pretty quiet week here.

Have a great week everyone!

oh and yes- I could stand to "stricten" up my food a bit too- I tend to think since I'm doing good that I can have more snacks than normal- and carbs! today was yogurt for breakfast, SF jello, turkey with cheese and salsa, 1 green pepper raw, and then basil chicken with cream of celery soup (98% FF) and onions and GP in the crockpot for supper. about 20 carbs today.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:45 AM   #8  

Tuesday morning:
I am taking a sick day to get some chores done and maybe have a little fun with my neice and sister. The DN has 1/2 school day today, we may have some play time!

Food went better yesterday. Managed to get through the evening without snacking. Had carbs at dinner, but still stopped eating after that. A major accomplishment! Today's goal is protein breakfast, protein and salad lunch, sensible dinner, no snacking. More water. Maybe i"ll go brew some green tea for iced tea.

I'll probably be back later...going to shower and get started on some laundry...
have a good one,
dottie
Old 11-30-2004, 10:02 AM   #9  
Lovin' Life

Default Good Morning!

Sounds like you did a good job Dottie!!

Things are quiet around here this morning, Im waiting for a delivery from the sign suppliers. Then I guess I can get busy lol Ive had my coffee, Im about to have a bit of breakfast in a bit, and maybe a bit more reading by the warm stove before I actually get productive. Ive had my shower and Im dressed though!!!

Still op and walking every day. My jeans are getting looser, but Im not getting on the scale until these jeans are falling off my arse. I just know if I get on it, I'll fall off and head for something I shouldnt have. So for now, Im playing it safe, and using the jean-so-meter. I know good and well how to loose it, its keeping it off thats giving me trouble!! Im working on it!

Anyway, Im off to read.......have a great day everyone

Robin
Old 11-30-2004, 08:43 PM   #10  

I like the 'jean-o-meter', Robin! Hey, I wanted to tell you that I nosied around your hubbiy's website and went to the tattoo link and really liked some of the work I saw there. It gave me ideas of the style of Fairy that I want Melis to design for mine.

Hope you had a nice day off, Dottie - boy, it sure would be nice to have a day at home, by myself, without having to rush off for an appt. or something.

Did fairly good with my eating today but the night is young! I will try to line up some legal (for me) snacks in a bit so I don't get into the ice cream later.

Kel
Old 12-01-2004, 06:40 AM   #11  

wed morning- sipping my coffee and delaying getting into the shower! It's raining hard and a wind, too. Yuk. Plus it makes the AM commute twice as long.

I had a good day yesterday. DS and I did a leisurely shop at BJ's(like Sams Club) and then took the DN out to Burger King for lunch. Played a board game in the afternoon, til a friend called for the DN to play. I finished up some paint trim upstairs, and painted a shelf in my laundry area. Did one load of wash. Diet-wise, not bad, but had some fries with lunch...and some stuffing with my leftover turkey dinner. but not much and that was it. Took a good walk in the morning.

I have good food ready for today and tonight.No walk cause it's pouring, but I will climb the stairs all day at work.

Better get moving-
have a good one,
dottie
Old 12-01-2004, 08:10 AM   #12  

first day of december! where did the year go?! just going along with daily routines- no big changes, esp in the weight department, oh well, I'm going to keep going. good food days though- except those donuts that Chris brought home are calling me constantly. did good though- I had 1 and that was it. I don't mind getting chips and icecream and snacks at the grocery store for them so he probably thought it was ok to get donuts- but man, didn't realize how much I missed them!

Have a great wednesday!
Old 12-01-2004, 08:58 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh! Ferraro Rocher Somebody snuck in during the night and ate some because there are gold wrappers in my wastepaper basket.
It was probably my evil twin, Ruthless. This has to stop as I've been messing around with the same 5 pounds for a year now. Grrrr!

Aside from that little glitch, life is pretty good. I got a cut and perm yesterday just out of sheer luck and good timing. My stylist is extremely popular and I called yesterday and sort of begged him to work me in before Christmas. He had just got off the phone from two afternoon cancellations so I was in! Whew! After that I tackled Wal-Mart toy department which was a zoo! I finally gave up in my search for a Bella Dancerella and just went home. I am going to phone around today for the darn thing. What a joy it is to be a grandma!

Pouring rain this morning and I need to hump the garbage out to the road. I hope everyone has a great HUMP Day!
Old 12-01-2004, 12:11 PM   #14  
Lovin' Life

Default Good Afternoon

Its windy windy here today....I can even hear the wind sucking air out of the fireplace! Im sitting here waiting again for the sign supply delivery. I cant do anything until he gets here. Last thing I need is to be elbow deep in vinyl and sticky tape, and then have to answer the door. I was going to make dh's muffins while I waited, but Im out of eggs.....so that has to wait too until after the delivery so that I can go and get some eggs.

I managed to get alot of gift wrapping done yesterday...then I ran out of paper. But I put a good dent in that chore. Just really big stuff left to wrap now, and what ever odds and ends I pick up.

Eating is still going good. I was hungry yesterday, but managed to convince myself that the hunger feeling were my fat cells screaming a painful death!! That many less I have to worry about. But they have started the screaming a bit early today. Maybe its because Im bored?

Im off to go find something to do while I wait.......have a great afternoon ladies.

Robin
Old 12-01-2004, 02:04 PM   #15  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

Talking Woo HOOOOO

Good Morning Ladies!!

Nice to see everyone here. I have been awol with a sick kid here. He is on the mend and I am getting back to normal here myself. Little man still cannot express what is wrong with him, so it is a bit of a guessing game when he gets ill and there are no obvious signs. He is doing so well though, his speech amazes me, but his understanding is still lacking.......if he is hungry he will not say so.........he will start naming off all the foods he knows.LOL

I have been trying hard to meet my weight goal by xmas, but I think that is a bit much, I am losing slowly now, really have to work at being more active, as my body is wanting to plateau and hang on where I am now. I have increased my activities and my water intake. I have added more carbs as I want the last 18 lbs to get off and stay off and not be a forced drop........does that make sense??

I weighed myself yesterday and jumped off, moved the scale into the center of the room, had a pee and tried again!! HA The number was the same..........AS OF YESTERDAY I HAVE LOST TO DATE ............75lbs. I am soo happy, that everytime I fell off I could come in here and be motivated, encouraged, cheered, comforted, befriended . It helped me get here. I didn't do this ALONE

I guess I am saying THANKS to all who by their own trials, tribulations, celebrations, kind words, has made this site a favorite of mine and made me feel I could accomplish my goal.

Have a GREAT DAY yall

Leona