Old 08-19-2004, 10:51 AM   #16  

Wink

Good morning,

It's been rather humid these past couple of days. I believe it's supposed to start cooling down sometime within the next day or so.

ANNE, how are you feeling today? I'm sure your little faux pas will blow over eventually, if it hasn't already. I'm still chuckling over it. It's amazing how doesn't like her own feelings being hurt, but she doesn't mind doing it to others. Friday is almost here.

Nikki, thanks for letting me know what you use to freeze the salsa. I can't wait to make it. I have copied and printed it. My parents smoked like chimneys too. My Dad was able to quit, but my Mother couldn't, and it eventually killed her. I do remember one time we had a station wagon and riding on the opened tail gate. We thought that was

Well, gotta go help hubby move some boxes into the garage.

Aleka
Old 08-19-2004, 12:50 PM   #17  

Good morning,
It is so nice here today, 61 right now and low humidity. DH is riding his bike to his home town. He's talked about it all year and today was the perfect day for a long bike ride. It's 14 miles one way. He took the cell phone, in case he's having any trouble or can't make it back. I expect he will be able to do all 28 miles though. He's looking forward to riding around his hometown and can't wait til someone asks him how he got there. He expects they will think he's nuts, because most of those people would rather sit in the tavern all day drinking beer than ride a bike.
Anne, hope your day is not as stressful. Aleka hit the nail on the head. How can someone seem to enjoy making other people so miserable, but gets upset if she is called bossy? She can dish it out, but can't take it, as mom use to say.
Aleka, I froze the salsa this morning. It turned out perfect. I added one banana pepper (they were extra hot) and half a jar of the pickled jalepeno's. One thing I did to make it less soupy, was when I cut the tomatoes in 1/2, I'd sqeeze out the seeds and the juice. I didn't do that with all of them, maybe 3/4. There was still plenty of juice of course, but this time, it turned out a little thicker and not as many seeds in it. Even though I'm just sick of tomatoes now (can barely stand the smell of them), I'm going to make another batch of this in a few days. It will be so good this winter when I'm really starving for tomatoes. I wonder, in Florida, can you get fresh, ripe tomatoes all year? Also, will you have any citrus trees in your back yard? Oh, that would be the most thing. Walk outside and pick your own oranges every day. DH loves oranges and will eat 3 of them a day. That's fine, but I wish we had a tree to feed him. They are so expensive here.
I better get busy, got lots to do today. We are going to have a fire tonight and I will grill out hamburgers, beans and have the ever present tomato along side
Hi Lynn , hope your doing well, Nikki
Old 08-20-2004, 07:24 AM   #18  

Happy Friday All!

Another shocker yesterday. My co-worker Tanya has resigned. Her last
day is on Sept 8/04. This is going to be an extremely stressful
time for me until I know what is going to happen.

seems to be alittle better now. She is signing all her emails to me
"bossy" I had to know that was coming.....

Nikki, wow, your husband must be in really good shape. That is just
fantastic

Aleka, our weather is nice and cool today so you can bet I will be walking
off some of my stress level during my lunch hour. I'm going to buy a lotto
ticket. We have a draw today for 21 million Maybe there is hope
for me yet

Talk to you guys later.

Hi Lynn!!! Exhibition opens today. Are you going?

Anne
Old 08-20-2004, 07:45 AM   #19  

Goodmorning All: Here I am at DD's in Burlington. We came down on Monday to deliver the puppy (Cooper). Tuesday was my mother's 92nd birthday. As I was getting ready to go over to step-father's place to spend the day with them ( Mom was home from the nursing home for the day ) my brother phoned and asked me to go shopping for a outfit for her as he hadn't had time to shop. Finally got there mid afternoon and step- father had phoned family & friends to call her to wish her happy b'day. Well 20 phone calls later she is so confused that she is out of it. He meant well but but poor mom can't handle a conversation longer than 2 min at a good time. We ordered in Chinese food ( her favorite) and doesn't remember eating. Have had a busy time since arriving here, visiting friends etc. Wednesday met friends for lunch than went to dinner at another friend's house with DH. Thursday again went out for lunch and dinner. Today we are leaving to spending a few days with DS and family in Wasaga. The puppy has been sick during the night a couple of nights. We decided he was eating flowers in DD's garden so yesterday were on his case non stop and we we won because he had a great night last night. I am going to miss him so much!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also HATE cilantro. never use it. Anne we never see our selves as others do and I guess that is a good thing, I'm sure I have qualities that I don't like in other people. I am sort of doing low carb and cal. As well as I can when we are eating out all the time.
Too big of a chicken to gete on DD's scale though . Well I guess I had better get going, packing etc. Will be back in a few days. You all have a great weekend.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:53 AM   #20  

Smile

TGIF!!

We spent just about all day yesterday getting our house all spiffied up for it to start being shown tomorrow. Hopefully some of the people who we've seen taking flyers will show an interest. We have a few minor things to do today.

ANNE, I'm sorry to hear about Tanya. Is she resigning because of ? Hopefully they will hire someone very quickly, even before her last day. I will be sending good luck wishes for you on the lottery. Hope you enjoy your walk at lunch time. A good walk does help with the stress. Does have any sense of humor that you know of? Being Irish myself, I know sometimes the Irish have a weird sense of humor. If so, maybe you can start making a joke out of her signing her e mails "bossy".

Nikki, how did your DH do biking to his home town? He must be in fantastic shape. Good for him! Yes, you can buy fresh tomatoes year round in FL. The first time DH & I traveled to FL at Christmas time to visit my parents, who were renting an apt. from my aunt, my mother asked if we would stop in this little bitty town on the way to pick up some fresh tomatoes. We went through the town and there were tomato stands all over the place that said "pick your own". To us, "pick your own" means you go out in the field to pick your own. We had no intention of doing that. So, finally relented because we were close to the border, and we'd be in big trouble if we didn't bring tomatoes. Their "pick your own" meant picking the loose ones at the stand. The lady who was running the stand was FL's own Minnie Pearl. "HOWDEEEE!" Last time we were in FL, looking for a house, we met a couple from North Port. They were telling us where all the local fresh vegetable stands were. I don't think we'll have any citrus trees in our yard. We used to get fresh grapefruit off a tree in the yard of a former neighbor of my late aunt in FL. They were delicious.

Hey lynn

Gotta get going..talk to you later.
Aleka
Old 08-20-2004, 08:02 AM   #21  

Lynn, we were posting at the same time. That is sad about your mother. Your step-father meant well having all those people call. He probably thought your mother would enjoy talking to them. Hope she felt better later. Glad that Copper got over being sick. I know you will miss him. The next time you do see him you'll be amazed at how big he's gotten. It's nice to visit family and friends and happy you're enjoying yourself. Have a safe trip to Wasaga. Miss seeing your posts. Have a good weekend also.
Aleka
Old 08-20-2004, 10:15 AM   #22  

Good morning,
DH did 39 miles yesterday. He said the last few hills, his legs got a little shakey. He doesnt think he's in that good of shape yet. I've always thought his legs look like some kind of Greek gods legs. They are pure muscle. He does curls with a 40 lb weight everyday and does 120 push ups and 120 sit ups and walks 3 miles every night at work. I wish I could do all he does. He can eat anything and not gain an ounce, but he still has a little bit of a belly from years of drinking way too much beer. I think of all the men his age, he's in the best shape of any I know.

Lynn, Happy Birthday to your mom I bet that was confusing for her though. Still, I would imagine she had a good day, just being with her family. I love Chinese food too. Hope the rest of your trip goes good.

Anne, I wonder if isn't seeing a little humor in it myself, since she is signing her memos with Bossy. I think, since she seems to be such a lonely person, she must not be use to it (humor that is). Sorry to hear about Tanya. I know that will be more work and worry for you. I would imagine that she was way too stressed out with breathing fire down the back of her neck all the time.

Aleka, will you have an open house then? I bet your house looks spotless. Good luck with the showings

Talk to you all later, Nikki
Old 08-21-2004, 10:22 AM   #23  

Cool

A rainy Saturday morning,

We've got the house all squared away for the R. E. agent to start showing it.

Nikki, that is fantastic about your DH traveling 39 miles on his bike. When you mentioned that your DH was in awesome shape and that his legs were shaky towards the end. DH & I bought mountain bikes a few years ago. I thought riding it would be a piece of cake because at that time I was walking a real lot, about 4 or 5 miles at least 5 days a week. I got on the bike and couldn't go 1/4 mile before my knees started killing me, and my legs were shaky when I got off even at that distance. I guess you're using different muscles while pedaling a bike.

ANNE, how did work go for you yesterday? I hope they're starting to interview for a replacement for Tanya. I agree with Nikki, possibly signing her e mails "bossy" is her sense of humor coming out. As I mentioned, the Irish sometimes have a weird sense of humor. Fortunately, or unfortunately I sort of inherited one. It took DH a long time to realize when I'm joking about something, and even now sometimes he isn't sure. Now, my cousin, who I'm close to, has the same sense of humor, and we get along famously.

Lynn, hope you're having a nice visit.

Have a great Saturday everyone.
Aleka
Old 08-23-2004, 08:35 PM   #24  

I'll start a new thread for the new week