Old 08-02-2004, 12:04 PM   #1  
ANJ

S/C/G: 232/194/135

Default longtime lurker-1st time post

Hi all!
I have been a lurker for months and months now. I can't even to begin to tell you how much wisdom I have gathered from you all. I must confess- I am reaching out now because I seem to be slipping up big time. I have lost 40 pounds since Jan. 12, 04 Yeah!!! But I seem to be giving myself just about any excuse to eat (what in my mind are little cheats) Im looking for any words of advice that could help push me back from the dark side I have never given myself a goal weight before- not wanting to set myself up for failure. But here goes....

SW-232
CW-192
GW-140

Thanks- Nicole
Old 08-03-2004, 07:08 AM   #2  

Hi Anj, welcome!

I can't say we can help, but we'll try. And if youve been lurking for a while, you know that often posting with menu's and info about what plan you are following might be useful.

Most of the LC plans have some way that you are legally allowed to add in foods after an initial "induction" Or some, like Protein Power, Schwartzbein, or south Beach, have you eating some carbs along the way each day.

Can you solve your"cheat" problem by allowing yourself more protein and fat snacks, you know, like a legal cheat-ham and cheese roll ups, boiled eggs, cheese, celery and peanut butter? I don't know what plan you're on so it's hard. Myab eyou're eating too much. Maybe you're eating too little. drinking water? eating too many bars/or fake foods?

As for carb-cheating, that is harder. When I am good I can get away with fruit or 4 or 5 triscuits with cheese(15g.carb) for a snack. But donuts and ice cream can follow if I'm not careful to watch for cravings and hunger. I can't let myself get too hungry.

keep up the good work, 40 lbs is great. maybe you just need a break.

post your plan and food, and jump on over to the Daily thread, to say hi, and give an update .

dottie
Old 08-05-2004, 11:53 AM   #3  
ANJ

S/C/G: 232/194/135

Cheryl- Thanks for your support. I hate to admit it but I stongly believe that the emotional roller coaster I have been on is due to my period. It's a bit early this month so I have been experiencing PMS and not expecting it. Always makes me wonder "WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?" I also need to cut out all of the little cheats that I have been allowing myself....along with caffine. I hate to say goodbye to my dear friend...but I think she's holding back!

Sending you healthy thoughts and good wishes. You can do it! I'm happy to lend any support I can.

Nicole