Old 07-20-2004, 01:11 AM   #1  
oren

Default i quick question, please reply

im 15 and a lot over weight. i decided that its summer and i need to go on a diet. about three weeks ago i started on a low carb diet and after the second week i stopped losing weight. im still on the diet and ive even started to exercise at least every other day but my weight wont go down. im also drinking a lot of water and nothing is happening. what am i doing wrong? does anyone know if it is just supposed to stop after a while?
Old 07-20-2004, 06:48 AM   #2  

hi race-
It's not uncommon to loose something quickly, then for your body to "catch-up" over a week or two. Sometimes we loose water weight that is released from the cells when a diet starts, and it may take some time to stablize that.

Why don't you tell us what diet you are on(are you following a specific plan, and did you read the book?)
Also, you could post some menu's, what you eat in a whole day...and we could see if there are any problems that are slowing you up.

It's a long process, but congratulations for your commitment, and adding exercise- that's a great combination. If you're just starting out exercising, that can add "weight" on the scale, if the muscles are growing or are inflamed.

So, tell us more!
dottie
Old 07-21-2004, 02:11 AM   #3  
oren

im trying to eat less then 20 carbs a day and its about 10-15 that i mostly get a day.
i mostly eat steaks,el pollo loco chicken with a side if veggies minus the carrots, some salad with no carb dressing +steak, beef jerky, pork rinds, and eggs(boiled, develed, or scrambled in extra vergin olive oil), or a can of green beans. thats about it or anything with 2-3carbs max according to the labels. maybe it might be the muscles. thanx for the info, hope this can help a little more. thanks a lot.