Old 06-06-2004, 02:12 PM   #1  

Thumbs up LCFS Week of June 6th

I'm Baaaack!!!

How is everyone? I didn't have a chance to post while I was away. We had to go to the library to use their computer and you only got 1/2 hr. DH had things to do with all of his stuff, and obviously his was more important.

nikki, I am soooo glad that you survived all the severe weather you were having. Did you get any tornados where you live? We were watching the weather channel and I was very concerned for you.

ANNE, how is your Dad doing? I saw in one of your earlier posts that was back and was acting like Hope she hasn't reverted back to her old ways.

lynn, how did you make out with your latest checkup with your Dr.? You mentioned you were going to start Dr. Phil's diet, and I was wondering how that is working for you?

We got back earlier this afternoon. We found a house in FL. In the course of 2 days we looked at 15 houses. It was the very last house we saw that we knew IT was the one. Hopefully we'll be passing papers the end of July. The people who own it now are in the process of building a brand new house. They seem very nice. Now we have 10 yrs. of accumulated junk to get rid of in the house we're in now. It seems like a daunting task to say the least.

The weather was fantastic down there, I didn't mind the heat at all. I am now home and wearing a sweatshirt and an pair of jeans, and I'm cold.

Our trip home was ok until this morning. We were traveling through PA into NY, we were passing this compact car when a deer ran out into the road, and the compact car hit it. I can still see the deer being flipped over in the air. It was a horrible sight. Luckily nobody was hurt in the car, but the front end had quite a bit of damage. We were very fortunate too because the deer wasn't hurled towards us. It was a bad night for deer because we saw at least a dozen or more dead on the side of the highway early this morning. It really made me sick.

It's great to be home. Hope everything is well with all of you.

Enjoy the rest of the day.
Aleka
Old 06-06-2004, 05:53 PM   #2  

HI Everybody
Aleka, I'm so glad your home, safe and sound. The deer accident sounds scary. There are lots of deer here too, so when I drive at night in the convertible, all I can think of is one crashing down into the car. I'm glad you guys are ok and that no one (but the poor deer) was injured. You have a big job ahead of you and I know it's going to be hard. Glad you found a nice house that you like. The weather here has improved and we didn't have any damage here. The tornado's dissipated before they got to our town, and that happened so many times, I can't even remember how many there were. The vacation from **** ended finally and we were glad to come home. I was afraid you were lost in the Land of Mickey and we would never hear from you again.
I'm still having problems with my computer. Last week, I installed Norton Antivirus 2004. You'd think that would be a good thing. I have had nothing but trouble with it and am unable to get live updates. I've gone to the website, uninstalled and reinstalled the program and still, it says it can't update. I'm getting very frustrated with this. I have to go work on it some more now, or throw this damn thing out the window. If you guys never hear from me again, it's because I've sworn off computers for life. (Like that would ever happen ).
Oh, I've lost 7 lbs this week. All that yard work is wearing me out, but seems to be great exercise. Later, Nikki
Old 06-07-2004, 07:27 AM   #3  

Smile

Good morning,

nikki, sorry about your computer problems. We have McAfee for our virus scanning and so far we've had no problems with them. They always notify us whenever there are any updates and sometimes they automatically install the updates. I know I missed something, what was your vacation from ****? Congratulations on your 7 lb. weight loss. That's fantastic!! Today I'm going to start counting calories. I thought I may count points, but counting calories seems so much easier, as there is nothing you have to calculate. I'm going to try 1200 calories to start. DH has a few lbs. to lose too, so he's going to do this with me. You know...misery loves company!

Hi ANNE, lynn hope you both have a good day.

Talk to you later
Aleka
Old 06-07-2004, 10:41 AM   #4  

Happy Monday Everyone:
Aleka, that is great about finding a home! I bet you are thrilled. Thank God
you weren't hurt in the deer accident. Those things happen so quickly

Nikki, great job on the weight loss I did much better
this weekend so I am hoping the results will show on Saturday when I check
my weight again. Its a constant battle isn't it

I mean't to tell you last week....I saw Dr. Phil on Larry King and he was talking
about a new cook book. It sounded really good. Have any of you folks seen
it yet?

We are in for a really hot week. This weather really bothers my dad. Its not
my favourite either once it gets humid

Aleka, all in all dad is doing ok. He has really slowed down. I still think he is
really nervous. He seems to fall asleep easily too.

Have a great day everyone!!! Hi Lynn, did you have a good weekend??

Anne.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:32 AM   #5  

HI,
I am experiencing major computer problems. I hate it. I switched to McAfee, which is working fine, but something is wrong with my computer anyway. I think I will have to have it worked on. This is so frustrating. When I take a break from yard work, the one thing I like to do is get on the pc and relax with a cup of coffee. I'll talk to you all when I can again, hope this makes it through, Nikki
Old 06-08-2004, 11:00 AM   #6  

Red face

Hi,

nikki, sorry about your computer problems. We will miss you, so hurry up and get your computer fixed!

Hi ANNE and lynn Hope you're having a good day.

Aleka
Old 06-08-2004, 02:23 PM   #7  

Good Afternoon Everyone:
Nikki, I know how it feels, remember when my computer was so fried I had
to buy a new one

Hi Aleka, we are in the deep heat here in Toronto. Its not my favorite I like that little guy because it reminds me of what my
hair looks like in this humid weather
Hows the calorie count going? I am trying harder myself now. Enough
is enough.

Hi Lynn, I hope you are well.
Anne.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:51 PM   #8  

HI,
I think I may have figured out a way around the puter problems. We can't afford to get it fixed anyway, so I will have to just make due. It's a long story, I'm ready to pull my hair out over it all. I have such little hair left, after bleaching it for, lets see, OMG, 30 years! Anyway, I think I've figured things out and hopefully, nothing else will go wrong.
I'm at 213 this morning. I think counting calories is the answer. I like the thought of low carb and I still use some of the ideas, such as no sugar and increased whole grains. I quit drinking milk completely and just use soy milk on my cereal. I do eat a white potato on occasion, but not everyday. I've concluded, carrots are a good thing and you can't get fat on them, no matter what SS says. I still lean towards reduced fat, not fat free and I use heathly, unsaturated, whole fat occasionally.
It's the increased exercise that's causing me to lose around a pound a day. I really wanted to be below 200 on my birthday, but I will be closer than I was last year, so thats a positive thing.
I am busy outside from morning til night. Today, DH and I finally put up that gazebo tent thing on the back patio. It looks so much nicer out there now. If I only had the money to buy some plants for it, maybe next month
Anne, talk about hot, it is 91 and we were working in the sun on concrete all day. I thought I'd pass out. DH was ok most of the time, but came unraveled at the end. As usual, we don't work together well. I always think it will be different, but no matter how I try to explain things to him, he doesnt' get it and then it's a big yelling match over some stupid little thing. I just walked off for awhile and sat in the shade, thought he needed some time to boil under the sun by himself for awhile. Things are ok now.
Well, better try and catch up on my email. My old email address will accept email, but I cant send from it, so had to open a new account on MSN. What a pain in the you know what.
Nikki
Old 06-09-2004, 07:00 AM   #9  

Hi Everyone: I'm having some computer problems also. I have tried to post about 3 messages in the last couple of days. I to think I have solved the problem. I only have problems on this site and I think it is my pop-up blocker. I shouldn't say only on this site but mainly on this site. I will post this now and if you don't get a catch up post it means it has happened again and I am thoughly p---ed off. Hopefully later
Old 06-09-2004, 07:33 AM   #10  

Goodmorning All: Lost another post but it was definately my fault. We are in a heat and smog alert. Anne, I am thinking of your poor father. It can not be a comfortable time for him. As for that weasel Dalton, the less said the better!!!!!! Welcome back Aleka!! glad you found a house I really missed your posts. Congrat's Nikki, all that gardening has paid off, keep it up. It is going pretty good for me also. Have been exercising and watching what I eat, and yes calories are it I think. I still havn't finished Dr. Phil's book. I have it in my head it is a self-help book and I hate self-help books, not my thing. Today is Dh's b'day so have a busy day. We are havi g a little party for him so lots to do. Will write the details tomorrow as we are leaving for town shortly. Tomorrow the temps are back to normal with rain so will post a long catch-up message. You all have a great day and I will talk to you all tomorrow
Old 06-09-2004, 08:12 AM   #11  

Talking

Good morning,

DH & I got back from our walk a little while ago. We did walk yesterday too. We went early because it's awfully humid out and it's supposed to get up into the 90's. It's going to be short lived though, as we're supposed to get some storms later this afternoon to cool things back down into the 70's for the rest of the week.

ANNE, you must be getting the same weather we are, and I was wondering how you Dad was doing in this heat. Do your parents have air conditioning?
Calorie counting went well on Monday, but yesterday I didn't count any, but I ate very well. I got on the scale after we got back from FL and I've gained almost 30 lbs. since I stopped going to WW a couple of years ago. I agree, enough is enough. I was totally amazed at this, but when I'm hungry between meals, I eat 2 Triscuits, (40 cal.), and it satisfies me so that I can wait until my next meal and not eat everything in sight. I was totally surprised that eating only 2 of them would be so satisfying.

nikki, glad that you found a way around your computer problems. You are doing so well with your weight loss that I'm sure you'll be close to your goal by your birthday. I'm still basically eating like I did when I SSized, staying away from sugar, everything white, and eating real foods. When I'm pressed for time, I will pop in a frozen dinner. But, once those are gone I probably won't get anymore until we start seriously cleaning out the house and packing. Then I won't feel like getting a meal.

lynn, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your DH Sorry that you're having computer problems too. I couln't finish Dr. Phil at all because like you self-help books are not my cup of tea. I think counting calories is the answer too. One day out of the blue it just clicked in my brain. It doesn't really matter which diet you follow, it's all in the calories. How is Mya doing?

Now that I've cooled down I have to get breakfast.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Aleka
Old 06-09-2004, 09:04 AM   #12  

Good Morning All:

Thankfully the house does have central air conditioning My dad would
be unable to cope without it. Poor guy, for so long he was trapped inside
because it was too cold, now its too hot. We can't seem to strike the happy medium weather wise. On a happy note the weather is suppose to cool off
tonight into Thursday

Nikki, you sound like you are doing great. That is quite a drop in weight in
a very short time

Lynn, Many happy returns to your DH.

Aleka, I still haven't read Dr. Phil's book but the recipe book that I was
hearing about sounds like something I would like to read. It is suppose
to contain to Robins own home recipes.

Have a great day ladies, better go before catches me

Anne.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:55 PM   #13  

Good evening ladies ,
It was a pretty good day today. The weather started out hot and humid, but ended up being cool and humid. I can live with that. I didn't do as much as usual and I made an excellent shrimp frittata for supper. I had a dozen eggs to use up and that was a good way of doing it. I would have liked to have made it half egg white and half whole egg, but I just couldn't bring myself to throw out the yolk. It's the best part.
Lynn, I feel for ya. I am still battling some hidden computer problems that pop up now and then. I never thought I'd be this experienced with technical things. 25 years ago, we would have gotten jobs with this much experience.
Happy Birthday to your DH and hope you have a good time on the town.

Aleka, I am sick to death of frozen dinners. I have been eating them for lunch and have 2 left. I will probably still buy some for lunches next week, since when I'm working in the yard, I hate to stop to fix food. They definitely are not something I'd over eat on though.

Anne, I gained and lost 17 lbs in the past month. That is just nuts, I'm not an umbrella, I can't keep opening and closing myself. If I'd stayed on track, I could have been down 17 lbs, instead of weighing the exact same I did this time last month. I know, at least I took it back off, but I agree, enough is enough.

I'm covered in bug bites. I think it's spider bites, so I vacuumed and cleaned around the bed and the couch, where I sleep the most. I've found that Gold Bond ointment works really well to relieve itching, but I sure hate that I've turned into bug food.

Talk to you all tomorrow, Nikki
Old 06-10-2004, 06:11 AM   #14  

Talking

Good morning,

DH has cleaned out his side of the garage where he keeps his machines. He contacted the guy who is going to buy them to tell him they are ready to be moved. So, hopefully they'll be gone next week. Meanwhile, I've weeded out my diet books & cookbooks that I will never use.

It was hot and humid here yesterday, but around 5:00 pm the thunder storms came rolling through. A lot of them were quite severe, but thankfully we were on the fringe of those.

Later this morning DH & I are headed to Sam's Club..I need 4 new tires for my car.

lynn, did you and your DH enjoy his birthday celebration? Hope you both had a wonderful time.

nikki, ya, I know what you mean about being sick of frozen dinners. I think they are great for convenience, but there is something lacking in them for taste. One thing I don't like about them is the fact that they use white rice and white pasta. A year or two ago, DH got 2 spider bites. He didn't know what they were so he went to the Dr. and she put him on antibiotics. I tend to get bitten right on my neck at my hairline. I've got a bite there now, and after I shampooed my hair yesterday it got so itchy!!!

ANNE, that's good your parents have central air. Did you get any of those storms that we got? If you did, hopefully your weather has cooled down and maybe this would be a good chance for your Dad to get outside a bit to get some air. I saw Dr. Phil's recipe book when we were away, but didn't pick it up. When we were in FL in April/May I bought the South Beach Diet cookbook and Eating for Life Cookbook.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Aleka
Old 06-10-2004, 01:54 PM   #15  

Hi Everybody: The heat and humidity is over thank god!!!, in fact it is down right cool today (I am not complaining). We had a good day yesterday. After we arrived back from town there were lots of calls for DH which he enjoyed. Then dinner with friends. Now he is outside on deck with his CD player listening to a new CD. DH's favorite singer is Gorden Lightfoot who just released his first new CD in many years so was thrilled to receive it for his B'day. Mya is doing very well Aleka, Has developed into quite a caracter as she becomes more comfortable with us. Everyday she does something that reminds us both of Coco, which are very happy memories. She was meant to be with us. Nikki spider's are the Rice lake curse. One of our first jobs we do in May is spider ban all windows skylights and doors. I HATE THEM!!!! even with that we still find the odd one in here. Going though my cook books when we broke up house was the worst thing I had to do. I went out and got a plastic container that took legal size hanging folders and went though the hardly used books but have recipes etc. I had used and cut out the page and filed it. It came in handy at xmas because I haad about 6 xmas books with 4 or 5 recipes I make every xmas and just saved the recipes I wanted, also saved lots of time going though to many books looking for a specific recipes. Anne, today is a much better day for your Dad and it sounds like the rest of the week is the same. A friend is emailing me a picture she took of Mya and when I recieve it will post it for you all to see. You all have a good day