Old 03-20-2004, 05:42 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Talking First Spring Weekend in the LC Coop

Everybody up! We need to take down those outside lights and put out the Easter decorations! It's time to start laying coloured eggs too, chickies!

As usual, I'm up too darn early. I am hoping for a fairly decent day because it's Hyper Pyper Day and it sure would help if the two kids and three dogs were outside.

What's on your agenda for the weekend? Set and chat a bit!
Old 03-20-2004, 07:54 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face

Hi Woothie and Everyone to come,

Easter decor has been out since Feb 25th , Ash wednesday
Our crocus' were out and ready to bloom until this dasterly snow came and burried the poor things, sigh~

Oh well lol. I'll find the link to the thread where I have my easter pictures.... brb

Okay here you go....

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38123
Old 03-20-2004, 10:54 AM   #3  

oh Leenie! Your house is sooooo cute!!!! Love that blow up bunny and chick!!!! Now I have holiday guilt....I'll remove my twig heart from my door today.

Ruth....any chance you could slip the Hyper Pypers a sedative? Feed them carbs I say!!!! The ten cup doggie bra concept has gotten my attention....wonder what else they make? Love that rofl! What do I have to eat to lay a colored egg?

Dh's birthday tomorrow. What do you get the guy that doesn't want you to spend any money?....Hey Leenie.....do those blow ups come in any other styles?!!!! I should be struck by lightening I tell ya!!! The big kid wrestles in the States tomorrow....I am not sure he is going to place this year. Meeting Jiff and Mom for lunch with the little guy today. Pretty darn exciting if you ask me!

Hope you all have a great weekend. I am working on drinking ALL of my water! That's my goal. Yep!

hugs and all that good stuff!
peach

Last edited by peach pit; 03-20-2004 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-20-2004, 03:06 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey Peachie, they have different ones, I got this one at Walmart near the wood bury commons. I was also in shop rite in NY and they had a whole poopie load of them.

Peach, just cook DH a nice meal or a cake and leave it at that. Its the same for me, nothing really to get them...oh wait, go to that sexy store in Hackensack on main street and get some sexy teddy's.....that aught to be a nice bd gift
Old 03-20-2004, 09:42 PM   #5  

Those house decorations are very cute, Leens! Bet your neighbors get a kick out of them!

Birthday gift buying is hard sometimes. I second the favorite meal and a cake. 'cept maybe those particular shoes Jiff was talking about to go with you new sexy jeans????? lol

I'm kinda in a funk this evening. Can't really put my finger on the cause. It's everything and nothing. Pitching son announces that his elbow is hurting him and has been for a while now. (this right before season games start on Tuesday). Senior daughter went and did community service work today at a nature perserve. That's just handy dandy fine but she forgot to put on the sunblock I sent with her and she is red as a lobster this evening. Youngest son's alergies are acting up like mine and he has a cough that sounds like a seal. But he doesn't take pills and I really don't know what to give him anyway even if he could swallow pills/caplets. This afternoon I hired a guy to fix the broken PVP pipe sprinkler/water facet and mow the lawns every week (I told him I didn't need it done every week but he said it was less work for him that way) I worked in the yard for a bit pulling weeds but didn't make much headway. I cleaned the kitchen just in time to mess it up again. I started on the laundry mountain. I put a corned beef in the crockpot this morning since I didn't get a chance to cook it on Wednesday. I made cabage, mashed taters and a macaroni salad. Go to get the corned beef out of the crockpot and it is nearly all fat so there wasn't much meat for dinner. So it seems like I've been working my butt off today on a whole heck of a lot (I didn't even get a shower today! I'll jump in before bed) but none of the work really shows! Oh well - tomorrow is another day.

Kel
Old 03-21-2004, 08:45 AM   #6  
workin' my way back down

Oh Kel...... to you............. I get days like that too, sometimes even weeks!!!

Leenie, the house looks so cute - do you do an egg tree too? Around here so many people do that... when I first started seeing them, I thought they were so silly, but now they're starting to grow on me (groooooaner!! )

I hope you joisey girls didn't do too badly in the storm this past week - I didn't write, but I thought of you, does that count?

Ruth, I hope the hyper Pypers didn't wear you out too much; btw, I'm still chuckling over the thought of Hersh with that bikini top!!!

It's been so hectic around here, my boss hired a new girl (someone I BRIEFLY worked with at a previous job - NOT necessarily a good thing, altho I am trying to give her the benefit of the doubt) I'm hoping that she learned a lesson from the last place, and that it will work out - she can do the work, but will she show up, and most especially will she show up on time??? If not, she will be history and I will be continuing to work in NYC much more often than I care to! Oh well, I'll just have to

I guess I better go so that I can get the day started.......... make it a good one chickies.........
Old 03-21-2004, 10:01 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Kel, I hope today is less funky for you. I had a corned beef like that only once. Very annoying. Some days are doomed to have lots of little glitches, aren't they? .

Sono, you would have loved the Pyper visit - three Porties romping in the dog garden and then joining the rest of us in the back room. Somehow, Porties feel they are entitled to a sofa seat! It was certainly cozy with the mutts and six adults in a small room with the woodstove pumping out heat up to 37C which is almost 100F! Glen said "I'll get 'er goin' fer ya, Ruthie!" and loaded in the wood. I had to open the doors at midnight to cool the place down for the Girls!

We really did have a good time and I should stop *****ing and moaning about the Pypers. They are enthused and friendly and sort of consider us part of their family as I am their dog's grand*****! Yes, I ate lasagna and cheesecake and even "sampled" some fudge. I sampled it all right! The rest is out in the car trunk and will be resisted!

Peachie, take Leenie's advice re the birthday gift. Sure sounds good to me. I've seen pics of her DH and she knows her stuff!

Today is a major loafing around day. I have to make up some dog food for the week and do a bit of a pre-Gail tidy and that's it!

Have a good one.
Old 03-21-2004, 02:20 PM   #8  

Ruthie - it sounds like you had a nice visit yesterday even if they are a bit 'high energy". I prescribe to the notion that you can't have too many good people in your life - but sometimes you have to gently push aside the ones that aren't good for ya to make room/time for the worthwhile ones. (this is part of the reason why I really try to make time for you guys every day - you all certainly fall into the 'worthwhile' catagory for me!)

Sono - I sure hope the new hire will be helpful for ya. Best that you are keeping an open mind about it. Sometimes people are just going thru some junk in their lives and have a hard time doing the right thing. Maybe she is in a different place now.

Better, brighter day today for me. If I have learned anything in my 44 years it is that if you can just hang in there, things most likely will look different in the morning. That knowledge has gotten me thru many a dark time. Sometimes, in the morning light, the dark thing is still there in your life but somehow you are recharged a bit and can work out how to handle it/live with it/change it.

So! I've already re-cleaned the kitchen - even scrubbed the inside of the icky microwave to a sparkle and I'm heading down the hall to work on more of the laundry mountain. Then the boys and I are going to see that new Dawn of the Dead (a teen boys 'must see' movie - I will watch thru my fingers covering my eyes. I DO like to be scared but gore isn't really my thing).

We have had record breaking heat the last 14 days - it is really amazing! But I hear that it will get back down to normal range by mid week. Sure wish we would have a bit of rain to wash all this pollen out of the air - that would make it much easier for us allergy suffers.

Have a great sunday all -

Kel
Old 03-21-2004, 06:04 PM   #9  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Well I am back from Sunny Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. We went to club med for the week. The sun was great! The people were friendly and I even met a woman I went to school with back in 6th grade! and I have a summer gloden tan even with the 50 sunblock! The beach was great, snorkeling was fun and I read and read and read! I would go back in a heartbeat and would tell anyone that this is a beautiful beach.... We finally took off at 2am (the flight was supose to leave at 5pm) and got home to the airport around 4:30, then after costoms and imigration had to wait for the baggage guys to take their mandatory coffee break while only 1/2 the luggage had been unloaded...got home about 6:30 this morning....
But alas I took a 3 hour nap this morning and holding off till about 8 tonight to hit the sack!
happy weekend ladies...missed ya!
-L
Old 03-21-2004, 08:08 PM   #10  

Oh my gosh, L, a week at the beach sound like heaven! If I close my eyes I can feel the warm sand between my toes. Boy do I love the beach. 'IF' I marry again, it will be to a mega rich sucker who worships the ground I walk on AND has a great beachfront property. (a girl can dream, can't she?) So glad you had a great time! Welcome back!

Kel