Old 02-17-2004, 07:01 AM   #1  
Senior Chicky

Talking Tuesday Chicky Chat - Feb. 17 th

Good early morning my chicky friends! Sure missed having some coffee and chatter with ya'll! Grab a mug!
Old 02-17-2004, 07:38 AM   #2  
workin' my way back down

Thanks, J........ just put up a pot here..... mines' not as good as yours tho, so I'll be more than happy to join you!

Thanks for all the get well thoughts chickies... I'm still not 100%, but soooo much better... I actually can go 1/2 hour without running for the box of tissues!!! Still, staying in bed since Friday evening (even tho dh DID wait on me!!) has been pretty tough for me.... it's one thing to not get up and DO NOTHING if you want to, but when you're sick, it stinks!!! Anyhow, I went to work yesterday for a couple of hours, and then collapsed when I got home. Today will be a full day (including going into NYC - ugh!) and THAT will be the test. I'll probably collapse at the end of the day, so I figure I better say hi to you all now, since I'll most likely be asleep by the time I get home from work!!!

My head is still kinda fuzzy, so I can't remember all of your posts from the weekend.. vaguely, I remember something about Kel getting a new suit for an audit, Ruthie curling up with the doggage, Sue working an extra shift as an aide, L doing something with the boys........... but no specifics -- I'm sorry chicks, I'll try to do better now that my brain is starting (it is???? )to function......... have a great day...
Old 02-17-2004, 08:36 AM   #3  
Hang In There

Hi Chicks, Just had a fee minutes so I thought I'd stop by for coffee with all of you. Still super busy at work, and I go tomorrow for my first meeting with the dietitan and to get the med for the research study. I'm pretty excited about that. I hope I get a big strong dose and not the placebo.

Eating has only been so/so this week, but I've been very good about drinking my water and exercising. Speaking of which, It's now time for me to leave for the health club and my appointment with the evil trainer.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:05 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning LC Chickies
Old 02-17-2004, 09:14 AM   #5  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Nice to see the coop filling up today

Done my WO, I am glad to say that i think I am getting that under control. I do feel a MILLON times better when i WO and less guilty about the food. But let me tell you I have WAY too much candy in the house and it is going to have to hit the trash because I have no self control over it. I keep thinking about Dr phil and the no fail environment.......
my licence expires soon so I have to do that, I will wait until I have a good hair day or until I *have* to do it because time has run out....how many of you Lie about your weight on your licence? Thinking I could fib by a few punds but never as much as i would like to
We are out of coffee so i need to get one of those on my way to the library.
Glad you are feeling better sono.
to my chicky friends, good to see you ALL
-L
Old 02-17-2004, 09:20 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

~~~~~Running into the coop and slopping my coffee on the keyboard~~~~~Sheesh!
I have decided to stop crabbing about the weather like all the other old farts in Delta! They can do the crabbing for me!

Nice to see you, MamaJ. When I spot you on Yahoo you are always off doing something.

Barb, the medical research project sounds interesting. I hope you get the real drug, not the placebo. Keep us posted, eh?

Sono, so sorry your Black Death is hanging on! You are wise to sleep as much as you can. My doc pal says the body heals itself ONLY when asleep!

Leens,

Hersh and I went for a walk yesterday and it was very nice out there. I have to walk the Girls singly because the double lead is just too tricky to manage when walking on icy roads. Miss Lucy is not in heat yet but I'm keeping her safe at home because it could be any day now. She goes out to Edmonton to "marry" Purple Reign. (We are not telling her that PR is going to be neutered after this tryst so the "marriage" will not be a long one! )

I have chicken soup and cabbage soup burbling away. Harry loves soup in the winter so I try to keep a supply in the freezer. I'm in a sort of "clean sweep" mood these days and have been cleaning out the freezer of my odds and sods of veggies and meats - Cheap Eats! That's me.

I may actually do some sewing this afternoon after spending a couple of hours tidying my sewingroom. It's been a while. I think the last time I sewed it was that purple dress for the Red Hat Society event in August. I never did get the jacket done so that should be first on my sewing list AFTER replacing the zip in two jackets. I hate that kind of repair job but need the jackets.

Have a super Tuesday, Chickies.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:18 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Ladies

Sono~Im glad your feeling better.

L~Toss it all!! Or get hubby to hide it! WTG on your workouts!

Yesterday hubby and I took his grandkids out to the winterfest. I actually managed to get him on a sled and go sledding with his gs!! It was pretty cool....I told him, thats what you get for wanting a chickie younger than yourself. She'll drag your a** out to these things and make you have fun!! He did have fun, and so did the kids...they were super excited about seeing a camel, and riding a pony. Pretty cool stuff for 5 yr olds. The 55yr old did pretty good too!! Im proud of him He has trouble with the cold tho, we managed to stay about an hour, and that was it for him. A good time was had by all.

Last night I went to the grocery store, and bought some supplies for this weeks clean eats......and I bought a box of hoho's for the drive home!! Figured Id polish them off before I got home, and no one would know.....right? Well the skinny me must have beat the crap out of the fat me, cuz the entire box is sitting in the freezer waiting for free day. Yaaaa me

Have a great day ladies, I still have to go make breakfast, and lunches

Robin
Old 02-17-2004, 07:49 PM   #8  

Robin! I am soooooo proud of you! That shows great restraint and GROWTH!