Old 02-07-2004, 08:10 AM   #1  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekend Chick Chat 2/7 2/8

Morning, shinny gloss on everything this morning, snow and then rain yesterday, cool over night....
Older boy and I have temple this morning, both have karate this afernoon.

Not too many posters yesterday, i want to know how Ruth's VM went, is she headed for broadway or off, off, off broadway.....LOL I hope you had fun, wish i could have been there.
-L
Old 02-07-2004, 09:10 AM   #2  

Good morning L and all those to come

Yes, I am equally excited to hear about the VM from Ruth--I didn't know we had a thespian in our midst!

On the last day of a 4 day stretch of taking care of the kids. I am tired and am so looking forward to a break. Actually tomorrow I have to take dh to the airport since he's going to be spending the week in Atlanta on business.

Here's to a productive Saturday
Old 02-07-2004, 10:22 AM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Hey pookie, did you move? I thought you were coming to the states...
-L
Old 02-07-2004, 12:28 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good afternoon. I just got back from a breakfast meeting for the Church group. We had a ball! Champagne and orange juice sure makes for a happy group.

The play went extremely well - we raised nearly C$20,000 for the Assault Response and Care Centre in our county. 742 people were there and gave us a standing ovation. The cast party is tonight but it is really snowing so I may not be going. I've kind of had it with winter nightime driving!

Now that I sort of have my life back, I'll try to get in here more often to post. Rest assured that I DO read all the posts searching for naughty stuff!
Old 02-07-2004, 03:29 PM   #5  
workin' my way back down

Good afternoon everyone........

Ruth, so glad that VM went well - sheesh! after all that work, I thought you were doing more than just one performance! So much hard work - you should have had at least a week-long run! BUT, as you said, you raised lots of money for a very excellent cause. I hope you now get a chance to rest up!

L - good for you, taking ds to temple is a good thing (I hope you said some additional prayers for me! I haven't been in ages... )

Pookie, it really is good to see your "face" back around here again! I forgot, when did you say the move to Atlanta (home of the dreaded Braves ) will take place?

Sorry, today is a totally non-productive day! I am so relaxed that I could almost fall down! For Mothers Day (waaay back in May), my dd's gave me a gift certificate for a full body scrub, a full body massage and a foot soak and scrub - grand total 2-1/2 - 3 hrs! Well, I FINALLY used the certificate today.... absolute heaven! I've never had a massage before; but I can definitely say that today won't be the last! One word of advice tho: do NOT shave your legs before a scrub! (OUCH!) and especially when the foot soak includes a scrub, so there were 2 scrubs on top of shaved legs....... unfortunately, during the leg scrub part of the foot soak, it hurt so much that I just wanted it to end!! On the whole tho, it was just wonderful!

I think I need to take a nap I am so totally relaxed!
Old 02-07-2004, 03:58 PM   #6  

Quick HI this afternoon as I've got bunches going on this weekend. I gotta take a quick swipe at the house cleaning in a second as an insurance guy is coming over to take blood/urine etc. for a life insurance policy. (SH cancelled me off the old policy since it was tied to his)

Then I am going to 'Agent Orange' the baseball infield out back to get rid of all the weeds.

Nice to see everyone - Pooky we have missed you. Glad the play went good, Ruth.

Chat at ya all tomorrow.

Kel
Old 02-07-2004, 05:22 PM   #7  
Hang In There

Sono, my son gave me a similar package one year for Christmas. It was sooooo good. I keep saying I'm going to do it again, but never get around to it.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:14 PM   #8  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I just came back from a swim meet the boys did really good. not wuite good enough for states but they did really good. they swam as hard as they could.

I am doing good as far as the woe is going. I have had too much salt though. I for the last 3 large meals had the bacon ranch salad for McD's. a bit too much carbs as i will not eat the grilled cheicken as it iis way too salty and I can not eat it so i get the crispy chicken but it is a lot better than getting a frenchfries and hanburger in a bun!!!!

So any ways gals.

Ruth I am glad that things went so well for you!! that is a great responce, and support.

I used ot get a massage every once in a while untill the girl left the area and I have not hadone in about 6 months. it sure felt wonderful. But thankfully no scrubs. (especially on shaved legs!!! HEE HEEE
Old 02-08-2004, 02:22 PM   #9  

Happy Sunny Sunday!

It is beautiful out today! Too bad I'm stuck inside gather all the tax stuff for tomorrow's appt. I might sneak out for a bit of deck sitting, tho - too nice to pass it up.

Hope it is nice where you are - have a great day!

Kel
Old 02-08-2004, 02:37 PM   #10  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

hiya everyone

Kel....whats the temp there today?
Old 02-08-2004, 04:06 PM   #11  

*preparing to run and hide after I report this*

We are at a high of 58f and lows were at 30 or so (everything VERY frosty this morning but clear skies will do that for us - gotta have the good with the bad, I guess)
Old 02-08-2004, 06:41 PM   #12  
Owned by Dixie

We hit a high of 19 with gusting winds. I don't mind the cold, I hate the wind. I helped out at the temple this morning, got in my workout too.

I am going to take older boy to MN in a few weeks. his best friend lives out there and it happens we have a0 the same Friday off b) frequent flyer miles that are usable. i got lucky and got the nonstop flight too nothing worse than a 4 hour layover in NJ (running from Jiff and leens, peach too)

JK it made for too long a travel time for such a short visit. it is only a 3 hour flight...

Anyway, just finishe dinner and little man is practicing guitar.
Where are the earplugs when you need them
-L
Old 02-08-2004, 10:01 PM   #13  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

58f!!! I cant wait!! lol

Ive been missing a bit lately.....been trying very very hard, and succeeding on battling my stress issues. Im still op...and starting tomorrow will be week 5 on bfl. Ive had a day or 2 of slips, but the exercise and food has been right on. I slip, get up dust myself off and keep going forward.

I'll pop in more often.....have a nice evening folks

Robin