Old 01-14-2004, 08:07 AM   #1  
Hang In There

Default Wonderful Wednesday, Jan 14th

Who would have thought I would be starting a new thread, ME, who never posts until nighttime. I was so keyed up I couldn't sleep so I just went ahead and got up. We are supposed to finally close on the SBA loan we have been working on since August. The stress alone has kept me and DS almost sick, but leave it to ole Alvin to keep us in line.

I'm still staying OP, and believe it or not, since 1/2/2004 I have had no sweets I thought I was going to ruin that last night, but things have a funny way of working out. I had a church dinner here last night and the lady who was supposed to bring the dessert didn't show up. (I had already rationalized to myself that it would be rude not to eat any, and of course I could go right back to no sweets today ) Anyway, it worked out beautifully.

I have an appointment to have my BMI weighed Friday morning. It will be done at the fitness lab at the health club and I will be weighed underwater! I decided if the pounds won't come off, maybe I'm changing muscle for fat. We can always dream can't we

Well, I've finished 2 cups of ole Alvin's coffee, so I guess I'd better get ready for the health club.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited by ageoldie; 01-14-2004 at 08:11 AM.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:31 AM   #2  
Senior Chicky

Angry Good morning !!

Brought my own mug of coffee Barb, don't want to leave Alvin without any!

Just a quick check in cause I'm sure dh will be walking into the office any minute! This many just does not understand the "need" for a fix of 3fc friends everyday!

Have been doing better with my eating the last few days. I'm so mad at myself cause I know I've done some damage the last couple months with stupid emotional/stress indulgences..... awwww well, I'll just keep moving forward!

Well, here he comes and wanting me to do something for him --- darn! I'll be back after he leaves!
Old 01-14-2004, 09:10 AM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning,
been to the gym and getting on with the day. I too have coffee and I am off to the shower. The temp is -4 today and just too cold for human life to exist. The sad part is it is going to get even colder over the next few days.....
L
Old 01-14-2004, 09:32 AM   #4  
workin' my way back down

Morning all....... thanks for the extra coffee Janice, I really needed it today! I had to leave the house at 6:30 to bring my car to the dealer for service - just got home and now have a little time to hang out here before I need to get ready to go to work..... BTW, stop beating on yourself for any damage you might have done out of stress/indulgence....... we've all been there and done that! (some more than others - me right up there with most!!!) Just remember, today is a sunny new day - even if the weatherman is calling for 4-6 inches of snow overnight just in time for tomorrow morning's rush hour drive into NYC!!!

L - I just saw a thing on the news about the weather in the Boston area - it showed the smoke effect rising over the harbor by the airport.... looked weird - and soooooo cold. You have my sympathies - here right now it is a balmy 9 degrees!!! (and looking to fall - how the heck can it snow when it is so darn cold???)

Barb, I'd be terribly afraid to have BMI done, I think mine is probably hovering around 90% - however, today is the start of day 7 OP, so we'll see where it goes.

Well, everyone...... have a good day - and to all you chickies still to check in............
Old 01-14-2004, 10:14 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick good morning.

Hey, you southern chicks are weather wusses! It is -24F here right now. Lord knows what it is with the windchill. I've been back in the house for 20 minutes and my feet and hands are still burning. Yes, I did wear boots and mitts.

Kevin will be here this afternoon to finish up yet more tasks. It's great to have someone to do all the little nitty gritty and frustrating stuff but I wish he worked faster! Never mind - he does husband type tasks and he will go away when you pay him!

Catch you later. Company coming this afternoon and I need to vacuum the parlour - and maybe even dust! I postponed Gail until Friday this week so......I think I remember how to do this!

Old 01-14-2004, 10:26 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Ladies

Ageoldie~ Way to Go!! Your doing great! Stess eating is my downfall too! So whats your secret? Good Luck with your BMI....your very brave!

NorthernGirl~do you have lots of snow? How is the skiing at Hiawatha?

Cold here too, but Im thrilled...it means the snow has stayed and I may actually get some cross country skiing in at the park today. I miss that the most about winter....heaps and heaps of snow, with lots of cc skiing!! But then I want it all gone in a day!!

Have a great day everyone
Robin
Old 01-14-2004, 12:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Gang! Just wanted to pop in and say HI!

Hey MamaJ - I think about you often and wonder how you are doing? How are your son(s)?

Hey L - great big STARS to you for getting up and out so early to the gym! and in such cold weather too! YOU GO GIRL!

Hey Ruthie - you are soooooo right! Us southern gals are weather whimps! You are not gonna believe that it is unseasonabley warm here in Lake Charles today - it is suppose to be 70 this afternoon. I CANNOT EVEN IMAGINE it being -24F!!!! how in the world do you get out and about in that and not freeze off important body parts? good grief!

Hey gotta question for you low carbers.....any of yall ever use ground up oatmeal like you would flour or breadcrumbs??? I just talked with a good friend that is low carbing (actually she is doing sugar busters) but she told me that they have been putting regular oatmeal into a blender and grinding it up until it looks like flour and using it to bread their fish or chicken and that it is REALLY GOOD. She said she made chicken parmesan last night and breaded the chicken in the oatmeal powder and it was the best she had ever had. She seasoned up the oatmeal just like she would have flour. Tonight she plans to make a meatloaf and use the oatmeal powder like she would use breadcrumbs. Anybody else tried this? I think I'm gonna try it out too. It sounds good to me.

hugs,
cathy
Old 01-14-2004, 12:46 PM   #8  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Cathy,
I have become a weather whimp, I will have to tough it out a few more years to get the kids through school.

Tell your friend no need to grind up the oatmeal. Fanny Farmer uses it whole. it is a great alternative BTW.
-L
Old 01-14-2004, 02:26 PM   #9  

Good afternoon ladies. I have my students watching a movie, so I have a few minutes to write. This is the quietest they've been all day. I have one who has been running off the head like a peptic woodpecker (as my mom used to say) all day. It's so nice to have him engrossed in the movie.

I wrote an update on my fellow who has leukemia on yesterday's post. I just don't know how he does it.

Since we've been doing the Whole Food diet, DH has had really great glucose levels. It is really working well for him. I haven't lost any weight yet, but I'm hoping.
Gotta go. We have to discuss the film. Have a great day.

Karla
Old 01-14-2004, 04:44 PM   #10  
Slimwithin

Cathy, my carb counter says that old fashioned oatmeal contains 32 gr of carbs per 1/4 cup. Even if you only used 1 tbsp, that would still be too many carbs for most low carb plans, especially Atkins. Instant oatmeal would be the lowest at 16.5 gr per 1/4 cup. About the lowest cereal I can find is Puffed Wheat or Puffed Rice with 11.5 gr. per 1 cup portion. Not sure how they'd be as a coating though.
Karla, I've never heard of the Whole Food Diet. Is it low carb? It's disgusting how much easier it is for men to lose weight than for us, isn't it. I guess we just have to tune them out and keep plugging away.
MamaJ, I'm convinced we have the same dh living a double life. Honestly, I can be dutiful and slave away all day but the one time I take a break, I can be certain dh will show up wondering why I'm not working and how come I'm so lazy or wanting me to do a rush job. Bah Humbug on them all!
Ruth, nice chatting with you on the phone earlier. You have such a busy life but that's probably what's keeping you so young. Hope you're enjoying your birthday.
Robin, I haven't cc skied since we lived in Dawson Creek, BC. Man it got cold up there. I'd dress in layers and as I worked up a sweat, off the layers would come. I was never any good at the sport but it was fun. I liked it better than snowmobiling. We had two snowmobiles but I thought they were noisy, smelly things and a great way to freeze off your butt. The kids loved them though.
Ageoldie, I have no idea what an SBA loan is but I'm glad you got that worked out. I'm so impressed that you're getting a BMI done. I know that mine must be close to 95% because I can float in a vertical position at the pool without moving a muscle and my head will be totally out of the water. Skinny people are in awe of me...or maybe they're just disgusted that someone could have a built in floatation device.
I'm also impressed with those of you going to the gym. I haven't even gotten back to my Body Flex routine, mainly because I haven't been able to breath deeply since I've had this cold, but I'm feeling much better today so perhaps I'll give it a try this afternoon. I also haven't been back to the pool but I hope to get there this Friday for sure.
I've been playing with my tummy. LOL Yes, I know that sounds kinda depraved but it's very unusual for me to be able to fold it. My normal tummy is round and firm and fully packed. Now, it's loose and jiggly and I can compress it into a couple of folds. Heaven knows what will happen when I finally lose all the fat out of it. It probably will hang down to my ankles.
Well, back to the grindstone. Hope you're all having a great OP day.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:06 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Karla I just figured out your name Mine is the same Susan-nasus what is wrong with your student (I take it you tutor) I had been MIA for a long time.

Ladies you all sound so busy!!!

Lady adnerb (I take it you are brenda???) How is your fernace??? any heat yet???

For me work went really good busy as usual and boyscouts tomorow UGH I forgot to make phone calls!!! Got to run!

Last edited by nasus40; 01-14-2004 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:01 PM   #12  

Crap! Here it is almost 7pm on the west cost and I'm JUST NOW checking in with my fav internet people! And this is after skipping posting for a couple days! This regular working thing is for the birds - How do you guys do it? I know, I know, I'll get more used to it and get more organized (HA!).

Well, I'm going to go veg for a while. Congrats to the losers and OPers and Linda, you never fail to crack me up! Thanks for the giggles!

Kel
Old 01-15-2004, 02:34 PM   #13  

Hi Everyone

Hi Robin....yes lots of snow here...driveway has 5 foot banks,lol and been sooooooo cold....-35C with windchill. I have been housebound for 2 days, lol. I hate the cold, the older I get the more I hate it. Not sure on Hiawatha...not much of a skiier myself but Im sure with the snow we have here...its going good out there.

So far im op...I hope I stay this way...need to be skinnier by summer, lol.

Have a good day everyone...bye for now
Old 01-15-2004, 07:42 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasus40
Karla I just figured out your name Mine is the same Susan-nasus what is wrong with your student (I take it you tutor) I had been MIA for a long time.

Ladies you all sound so busy!!!

Lady adnerb (I take it you are brenda???) How is your fernace??? any heat yet???

For me work went really good busy as usual and boyscouts tomorow UGH I forgot to make phone calls!!! Got to run!
yes, I'm Brenda I see I'm not the only "dyslexic" in the bunch we called the furnace dude (had to pay $69 just for him to LOOK at the thing) and we had heat 1/2 hour later