Old 04-14-2004, 07:14 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 6"

Default Wednesday's Chat ~ April 14th

Good Morning All,
Another wonderful WI Wednesday has arrived and I am down another 2.5 pounds. That really seems to be my magic number.. and absolutly no complaints about it
Yesterday was quit hetic, we had to take the new car in for the exterior and interior protection. So I took the van to work and after DH dropped off the new one he came and picked it up. Better him then me driving it because it died on the way home. So he managed to get it home but then it wouldnt start again. There I am stuck at work and him stuck at home..when I got done I managed to get back and I played with it some.. it would start and die start and die.. I'm guessing it's a clogged fuel filter soooooo today I have to run around and see if I can fix this all by my little lonesome. Now I do know a little about cars but I'm hesitant to replace this by myself so wish me luck At least I have the manual to show me how to do it.
Well I'm off, I have a little time to play this morning before work so I am going to try to catch up on all the posts. I hope everyone has a fantastic day!
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:00 AM   #2  

Morning Trazzie Congrats on the 2.5lbs that is great!!! Like you, I know a little about cars, but dont' think I could change that by myself. Good Luck with it. I am sure you will have it running in no time at all!

Well, looks as if it going to be another long dreary day. But that is ok, because for the weekend it is supposed to be sunny and 80 here. I am planning on heading to the beach Saturday afternoon. They are having a huge craft festival there this weekend, and think I will check that out on Sunday. Going to be a nice weekend weather wise. DH has to work all weekend, so no reason to sit around here and miss this beautiful weather! Hope everyone has a great day! to those yet to check in this morning

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:13 AM   #3  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning all!

Trazzie: Good luck with the vehicle!! I know NOTHING about cars... but the BF used to be a GM certified mechanic.... so I don't really have to worry about it.

I'm feeling a bit better today. By the time last night rolled around I was wiped out... the sinus pain was just totally overwhelming me.... I wanted to fall asleep at 8:30 but stayed up to talk to the BF at 9 and even then we didn't talk very long. I'm thinking today won't be nearly as rough... I couldn't even finish pilates last night! Ugh.

The scale is being friendly today, shows I'm down another pound. I'm reluctant to post it though because TOM is due Friday. My weight is always crazy then. We'll see what tomorrow brings

Have a great day everyone!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:25 AM   #4  

The only thing I know about cars is the number of a good mechanic!

Trazzie: That is awesome. Sorry about the car troubles.

Mrs H: ooooh a craft festival. I wish we had one around here soon. I am going to a scrapbook convention next month though. I am taking the day off and my best friend and I are going to NH for it. Should be fun.

Shimma: Hope you feel better soon. congrats on that pound!

I am meeting some friends for dinner tonight. I used to work with this group and we meet every few months to gab. It has not been one of my favorite things to do the last couple of times.....they all gab away about their kids etc and no one ever asks me what I am up to I guess without having kids they think I have nothing exciting to talk about. Boy that sounded winey!

Well, off to do some work.......

Star: I would love some advise on resumes etc if you have the time. Email me the tips if you want. Everything I have ever heard says that you really should keep it to one page. I sent it off last night and will have to wait and see what happens now. I hate interviewing!!!!!!!! Plus this all kind of stresses me out.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:33 AM   #5  
bzyathome

S/C/G: 199.5/175/150

Good Morning All!
It's going to be another busy day for me. I didn't get back on last night to post on yesterdays chat, again.
Leenie, I have my 30th Class Reunion! Geez, doesn't seem like I graduated that long ago....I haven't been to any of the previous ones so this is a big event for me. It's August 7 and I'm determined to be at least 160. I have a really neat dress that I want to wear so that's my goal.

And Brenda, does my 30th reunion say anything about my age??? I'm over 35 too.

Star, I'm trying The Method Pilates. I have a friend that has the Winsor and so will try here tapes to see if I like it better. I just like the whole idea of being on the floor and rolling around stretching

have a great day, all.
Marilyn
bzyathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:35 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Trazzie: Congrats on the 2.5 pounds and sorry to hear about the vehicle. When you get done w/yours you want to come and replace the brakes on my DH car? He's about a little mechanically inclined--as long as someone's standing over his shoulder telling him what to do

Lisa: I can't wait for the rummage sales and craft sales to open up around here. We had snow Sunday on Easter so I'm figuring it'll be a while. Have fun!

Shimma: sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Did you go to the Dr or is this something you suffer through until it runs its course?

Jane: Sorry to hear your group is so "me" oriented!! Hope tonight is better & good luck w/the resume

Well, we passed hunters safety, but DD was so pumped up and also nervous (she said she wanted to ride the bus home after school and then got too nervous and couldn't sleep) so she's home today. If she got 2 hours sleep last night I'll be surprised the way she looks. I can't take off another day (I've had 5 off straight now) so she'll have to be by herself until DH gets home. I managed to stay on program the last couple days. I'm hoping to continue so that hopefully the weight starts sliding off again. DH said I don't need to lose anymore weight. So maybe I should just start adding things to my meals and exercise (dang I hate that word) more. Well, it's off to read the rest of the posts before work
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:37 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

Marilyn: You snuck in while I was writing my novel. How about we not talk about age And I've never been to ANY of my class reunions and probably won't ever. I figure: If I couldn't stand hanging around them while I was IN school and HAD to why would I pay $$ to go hang around them when I DON'T have to?
Old 04-14-2004, 08:45 AM   #8  

Brenda: I forgot to congratulate you on passing the Gun Safety course! And you thought you wouldn't!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:46 AM   #9  
Baby Steps

Should I mention the instructor I had testing me was an old fart?
Old 04-14-2004, 09:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Hi everyone. Glad to see everyone survived Easter weekend not much worse for wear!

I took 1/2 day off Friday. We had Easter service Saturday night AND Sunday morning and I was in one of the Dramas so I was at church most of the weekend.
Hubby and I also went to a comedy club Friday night. It was my first time ever going to one...it was SOOOO much fun. Then we just spent extra time with my 2 boys Saturday and Sunday. All in all a lovely weekend.

Trazzie - Congrats on the 2.5 pounds!!!

Shimma - Congrats on your "unofficial" pounds !!

Have a great day. Sorry I've been MIA for the last few days!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 09:57 AM   #11  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Just a quick hello this morning. I made it thru the entire day yesterday without a cheat...Im on my way!!

Have a great day everyone!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:25 AM   #12  
on my way down again

Good morning! It's raining hard here all week, but after having two 82'F days last week, it's ok and a fair trade-off. Thank you all for your support to get back on the induction last Teusday. It REALLY helped me and I'm sticking to 20 and under. I'm going to take all your advice and always stay at 20---seems to be my number. Have a great day everyone!

Trazzie: Wonderful!!! 2.5 pounds Good luck with your car problems.

Lisa: Have fun at the craft sale. I love them.

Shimma: Sorry to hear you have sinus problems. My husband has had problems in the past and it's no fun. Get well soon.

Jane: Hi Jane, I hope tonight goes better for you. I don't have kids either, and I've been in that situation. I just go armed with questions about the kids. Then the next time I get updates and invited to ball games. LOL

Brenda: Congratulations on passing hunters safety!

Marilyn: I excited for you to be going to your 30th class reunion. My 30th is in two years...I had to figure that out on paper...been soooo long. I haven't been to any of mine and keep saying the next one, next one...so maybe my 30th.

Lori: It sounds like you had a very nice Easter and also fun at the comedy club; I've never been to one. I used to be in church plays and loved them; I was usually a co-narrater.

Hi Robin: I'n glad you made it without cheating. I know how good that feels. We'll do it again today.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:33 AM   #13  
Head Princess

Hey everyone.

I promise to do personals in a bit, but I need to wake up still. I went out with one of my most favorite partners in crime last night and we ended up at a gay bar called Boxxes (don't get me started on the joke there ) It was "date" night so when you walk in the door, they put a sticker with a number on you. If someone wants to get to know you, they can send you a note. The dj will put your number up on this big screen and you can go pick it up. We had a rip-snorting good time. DH came and met up with us after he got off work. It was totally fun and I have a few new adventures to add to my bad girl book now

Anyway, we got home around 1:30 this morning. And then my car alarm kept getting set off. Once at 3:00, then 4:00, then 4:30. We finally called the police station and asked them to send a car through just to check on things. I had to be up by 6:30 to get to work by 7:00, so I'm totally dragging a$$. Ugh! But it was fun!

Hope everyone has a great day! I'm going to get me the strongest coffee I can find.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:35 AM   #14  
The Princess O' Pets

Good moring ladies

Well i survived 2nd day of re-induction, it was a killer, I got the headache, yucky! But I went to the gym anyways and felt alot better after that. So other than that doing good so far. YIpppeeeee today I get my cable tv and internet hooked up since I hit my 90days at work it is all free, i am sooooo excited I have had slow a** AOL and only 3 channels on the TV for so long!! Then I can cancel my landline (hehehehe I hate Qwest) and cancel my AOL (hehehe) Saving money and i have more channels and internet how great is that!! Plus a friend is coming over to have tea this afternoon.

Jane: on the daily yesterday I left you some talking points for you to say to your DH about High speed internet, so you can sell your hubby on it! I am sure all the gabbers will know what you are up to when they see how great you look girl!!!

Trazzie: CONGRATS on the 2.5 pounds!!! I know some about cars too but DH is a mechanic so i make him do the car stuff hahahahaha otherwise whats he good for?? LOL

Mrs H the beach sounds great!!! Enjoy it!

Shimma hope you fell better soon, sinus things suck!

Marilyn I had my 10 year class reunion in 2000 and it was dumb, I hope yours is more fun!

Brenda hahahaha the old fart, BUt that is a great win to pass. Great job. Sorry about DD being so tried, to much excitment!

Lori sounds like an excellent wekend!!

YEAH Robin, great job staying OP!

Have a happy day ladies!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:37 AM   #15  
The Princess O' Pets

Star and Barbie you snuck in on me!!

Barbie great job staying OP!!

OH no Star the bad girl was on the loose!! hahahahaha
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote