Old 10-14-2003, 01:43 AM   #1  
Slimwithin

Default The Great Pumpkin Challenge - Week 7

Ok, Chickies, we are almost there and it looks like some of you are actually going to make your goal. I still have some work to do to achieve mine but I believe it's still reachable. More water, more exercise and more variety in food choices are on my agenda for the coming week. What changes are you going to make to ensure you get to your challenge goal?
Old 10-14-2003, 04:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

Actually I changed my goal. Wasn't going to make it to 154 with the 2lb gain last week. I lost the 2lb gain I had last week, plus 1/2 pound more. Hopefully I am finally back on track!
Old 10-14-2003, 06:09 AM   #3  

yesterday went good for me, followed plan and drank lots of water. even got some exercise in before bed.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:08 AM   #4  
thin within

i've got 4 more lbs to hit my goal of 25 lbs. so, i've started exercising. supersized and i compared measurements last night. in the six weeks that i've been on atkins, i've lost 2.5 in in each thigh, 2 in in bust, 2 in in waist, and 2.5 in in hips for a total of 11.5 in. the purpose in comparing, however, was to estimate how this gown of hers might fit me for the ball on nov 8. the dress would not zip on her right now. my problem is that my bust and waist are both 2 in larger than hers. so, i've really got to step on it if i am going to be able to wear that gown without letting out the amount that she had originally had taken in. letting it out makes it an 18. i was hoping to not have to do that. when going through my closet this weekend, i discovered that two 14 dresses and one 16 dress fit perfectly. so, let's cross every toe and finger that this dress will fit. i've only got about 3 weeks left.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:57 AM   #5  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

I don't know if I'll make my goal of 185...but I should be close (currently 188.4). I know if I started exercising I would be much better off.

Fullfig I am truly impressed and inspired with your hard work and planning..you go girl...and I KNOW you will fit into that dress for the Ball (Is Prince Charming going to be there?)

I should also be planning ahead as I realize my daugther's bat-mitzvah is only 2 months away (Dec 13th)....I have a dress I plan to wear (it was a bit tight across the tummy last time I tried it on, but was fitting), so I hope it will work out. If I look fabulous I may splurge on something new...but then it won't fit once I hit goal, so I'll try and resist. Have a girlfriend's son's bar-mitzvah to go to on Nov. 15 and no idea what I'll be wearing??? If you're done with that ballgown fulfig...maybe....???? lol

Froufy

Last edited by Froufy; 10-15-2003 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:59 AM   #6  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

FulFig - You can do it! It will come off faster than you think! In 8 weeks I lost 4 inches in my bust! you are getting close. IF you have any 16 oz cans of veggies, use them as weights and lay on the floor with your shoulders on a pillow, and do some chest presses and flys. That will help with the loss in the bust by giving you some muscles... it really works! I used to do that when I was doing WW a few years ago. The muscle definition you gain will re-adjust your bustline and along with the weight loss, you will see a loss in inches! Hope that helps!

I am still sick ladies. But slowly starting to feel better. I was planning to go back to the gym today, but I think I better take one more day. I still have that yucky crude when I cough and it gets hard to breathe at some points. But I am still right on plan with eating! 71 days and counting!
Old 10-14-2003, 11:08 AM   #7  

I have 5 pounds to go to get under 300. I don't know if I'll make it by Halloween, but just the experience of the challenge has been worth it. It provides the incentive I need to stay on track. I finished my first food journal and have started a new one.

fullfig- I'm sure you'll meet your goal. What does the gown look like? Write a description for us.

Everyone have a great week.

Karla
Old 10-14-2003, 11:34 AM   #8  
thin within

Default thanks ladies!

thanks so much. i hope i can do it.

froufy--my prince charming of ten years bought our tickets today. he has been on atkins twice--back in the spring and again these last few weeks. he has lost almost 30 lbs between the two times. he is currently at 158 and trying to get to the 140's. when we got married, i was at 135 and he was between 150 and 155. together, we are trying to get in better shape and live longer, healthier lives. we started our family late, having our dd just a couple of weeks before our 6th anniversary. i was 29 and he was almost 35. he also has a 19 year old from his first marriage. anyway, i know my prince charming will be there and will he be stunning!!!

karen, thanks for the tips. i think i know what you mean by crunches and thighs, but not fully sure. can you give me a few more details. i would love to lose more of these "mook-mooks". this is what my dd calls my breasts. she nursed for a full 38 months. i have heard many women say that breastfeeding does not cause saggy boobs. my take is that having them stretched and full of milk for four years (counting the pregnancy fullness), how can they not look deflated when they are emptied. anyway, i need all the help i can get. i've just started exercising again. i'm doing the 8 minutes in the morning exercises for real shapes and sizes. this is strenghtraining. i've also restarted my watp vidoeos. i did the 2 mile and 1 mile tapes this morning. thanks again. i hope you get to feeling better soon.

tippur, i have no idea what this gown looks like. supersized and i are identical twins, who have very similar tastes, except for men . we never would have considered going out with each other's dates. well, we wouldn't have out of respect even if we had been interested. don't know how i got on that sideroad. anyway, i think she said the bottom is black and has a layer of chiffon, full-length. i want to think she said the top is long-sleeved, amber, and sequined. she said that it is not low-cut, so for me not to worry about the mook-mooks. haha. she was in the delivery room with my dh, mom, and me when dd was born. she does not have children. anyway, she is 2 in shorter and 9 lbs lighter than me right now. maybe she can give a better description.

sorry i am so chatty today. can you tell i've not been on much in the last week. thanks again, ladies. i really do appreciate it! you are true gems.
Old 10-14-2003, 12:30 PM   #9  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Default Re: thanks ladies!

Quote:
Originally posted by fullfig
karen, thanks for the tips. i think i know what you mean by crunches and thighs, but not fully sure.
Hi Fulfig!

For the bust you want to do:

Chest Press: Lying on your back with a pillow under your shoulders to raise them up off the floor, put a can in each hand. Starting with elbows bent at your sides and hands infront of your chest, take 4 counts to press the cans straight above your chest. Hold for 2 counts and then take 2 counts to bring back to the starting position. do 2 sets of 12-15. Start with one set and build to 2.

Flys: Lying on your back with a pillow under your shoulders to raise them up off the floor, put a can in each hand. Raise arms above chest with palms facing each other. Take 2 counts to bring elbows down to just above the floor, straight out from shoulders, bent with cans ending at the shoulders, hold for 2 counts then take 2 counts to bring back to starting position. Do 2 sets of 12- 15. Start with one set and build to 2.

Clear as mud, right? I will try to find some pictures if I can!
Old 10-15-2003, 06:52 AM   #10  
thin within

thanks, karen. i'm not sure i fully understand though about how and where to position my arms. thanks again!
Old 10-15-2003, 06:54 AM   #11  
thin within

karen--uh oh. i just realized that yesterday i typed "crunches and thighs", instead of "presses and flys". my thoughts were scattered as this week has been very busy. sorry for the typo.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:45 PM   #12  
reaching my goals

The dress is sleeveless. It cuts inward toward neck which has a band to hold it up. Both shoulders are completely exposed. The top of dress is beaded with golden and black beads and amber and golden sequins. The bead work comes down to a slight point in the front. It is a beautiful dress if I do say so myself. Fullfig, you'll be the belle of the ball. Good luck!

I lost a total of 3 pounds last week but will not make my goal of 20 pounds. I've only lost 8 so far. When I set the goal I knew that 20 pounds was pretty unrealistic and that 10 would be more achievable given my low metabolism but decided to go for it anyway.

All of you are doing awesome!

Last edited by supersized; 10-18-2003 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:57 PM   #13  

It sounds beautiful!

Karla
Old 10-15-2003, 04:14 PM   #14  
thin within

hey supersized--i did not realize the dress was sleeveless. you know how i am about showing my arms. rick is excited. he told me that i need to be confident. i'm glad i just found my self-tanner. i guess i'll not only have to get rolling with the bust exercises, but now upper arms too. i'd better get off and get back to the boxes.

y'all are all doing so well. thanks for all of your support.
Old 10-17-2003, 02:54 AM   #15  
Slimwithin

That gown sounds lovely. Don't worry about showing your arms. With all the sparkles, nobody will even look at them or notice that they might be a bit plump. Besides, I think plump upper arms look much nicer than scrawny chicken wing arms.