Old 10-13-2003, 08:47 AM   #1  
reaching my goals

Talking Monday chat 10-13-03

Good morning all. I can't believe I'm the first one on this morning. Today is a holiday for me.

Happy Columbus Day for us Americans and Happy Thanksgiving for you Canadians!

My total loss for last week was 3 pounds YIPPEE! I can't wait to hear how you girlies and guy are doing.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:20 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, supersized and sleepyheads. on the three pound loss! I'm on hold at 201.5 but am hoping to slink back into ONEderland by next weekend.
Another gorgeous fall day is on the way here. I will walk the Girls down for the paper and admire the weather. We had our big Thanksgiving Dinner on Saturday with friends but I am going to roast a chicken for dinner tonight. I may not stuff it as that is just too tempting! My grandmother always put a handful of raisins in her stuffing and I just love making it that way.
Happy Columbus Day, American chicks and rooster, and Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canuk compatriots.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:31 AM   #3  
Ready!!!

I agree, on the weight loss. Happy Day to us all. Lg slice of Turkey day for me, as all of my eggs and their eggs are coming for supper + SIL & BIL. A great day To be thankful.

The heart always has
room for beautiful
memories.

love Tazcat
Old 10-13-2003, 04:04 PM   #4  
Slimwithin

Happy Thanksgiving and Columbus Day, Chicks.
Ruth, I love the touch of sweetness in poultry stuffing but, like you, I'm better off avoiding it.
I did overindulge a little at my sister's yesterday. She had made a lovely pork roast with mushroom gravy, both roast and mashed potatoes, brocolli and cauliflower, apple sauce, dinner rolls, and the appy was shrimp cocktail. I gave myself permission to enjoy a small dinner roll and some potatoes and gravy and I also had a small slice of the cheesecake I brought for dessert. (NOT low-carb) The other day I bought some pills that are called Phase 2 Starch Blockers and I took one of them about 1/2 hour before we ate. I'm hoping it neutralized the carbs from the rolls and potatoes but I'm afraid there's nothing that can help neutralize the carbs from the cheesecake. I'm back on the straight and narrow path again today though. Just 1/2 lb lost this week but a half inch off each ankle and thigh so I'm not complaining.