Old 10-07-2003, 12:16 PM   #1  
Momma Frog

Default Canned Soup recommendations?

Do any of you gals eat canned soup on your low carb plan? I LOVE soup and would like to keep a can or two in my office drawer in case I forget my lunch or have to work really late. Do you have any suggestions? Seems like all the soup I see in the store has noodles or potatoes in them.

Thanks!!
Old 10-12-2003, 05:21 PM   #2  
reaching my goals

I haven't had any soup since I started this plan. I try to keep nuts and pork rinds at my desk just in case I don't have anything else. These aren't really meals in the traditional sense but they will do in a pinch. YOu might be able to find something at one of the health food stores locally or online.

Have you checked out the recipe board? My sister has always suggested that I cook extra and freeze in smaller portions. You might be able to find a good recipe and keep some frozen. At my office, not many folks use the freezer space except for a few frozen dinners. It wouldn't be a problem to keep an emergency container in the freezer in that situation.