Old 09-27-2003, 05:06 AM   #1  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Default Weekend clucking

Coffee is hot. dog wants to pee and I need to get thingd done in the house to go to boy scout weekend thing.

Hope all is good today and have a great one!!
Old 09-27-2003, 06:42 AM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

Hi all just dropping in to say HEY!!

Sue, thanks for the coffee.......I need mine leaded and strong!

Well it's football season, or in my neck of the woods.........BAND SEASON. Love the t-shirt which says "football? what football, I'm here for the band" daughter is a senior this year.......so we are really enjoying her last year. and Mom can keep up with the band this year

so, Miss Pooky and I are going to be neighbors! guess we need another chick-meet in the deep south, between my house and Pooky's house we should have plenty of space.

hope all my low-carb friends are doing well!

have a wonderful weekend!
Old 09-27-2003, 07:29 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Sue and Deb. Hey a deep south chickmeet sounds great to me! I'll even work on getting Big Hair!

Heading into a rainy weekend here. Muddy paws time again. Gee, the only time I don't have paw prints on my floor is the darmned winter.

Have to make my trip to the Dump - oh joy! - and then open the Fair Hall while Harry is still asleep. He IS improving but needs a bit of direction in the mornings re coffee, pills and blood testing.

Have a good weekend.
Old 09-27-2003, 09:06 AM   #4  

Top 'o the morning to ya, ladies 'n lad,

It is so nice to see our Tazcat back with us - we've missed you!

We were up before 5 am this morning and will take off in a few minutes for a baseball tourney - 16 and under age group now!

Scouts, band, dump, baseball - my what an early, busy group we are.

Deb - your stats are soooo impressive! You done good, girl!

Have a good one, everyone - but stay on the sane side so weekend eating doesn't get carried away (my big downfall)

Kel
Old 09-27-2003, 01:00 PM   #5  
Ready!!!

just a quick one, I overslept this morning I cannot believe this I am at work now and have a moment, yes Ruth I know how good you are at tracking us down, we can go off line but me can be found . tamara asked if I was in touch with all of you yet?
She said to say hi to you all. Baby David is 5 mo old and smiles a lot, too cute.
Well I am on a garbage run so I must get back at it,
Looking for mushrooms after work tonight so if I don't oversleep tomorrow I will sign us up.

A slice of happy weekending,
Tazcat
Old 09-27-2003, 01:44 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Geez, Taz, be careful with the mushrooms. I have poicked the wild ones several times but generally do it with my Guide in hand. I am sure you are just as careful.
Wasn't Tammy thinking of moving? I will email her at the old addy I have from when she registered. I'll let you know. Do you still have the same email?
Old 09-27-2003, 02:13 PM   #7  

Happy Weekend everyone!

I'm back OP this morning after eating granola bars last night. Was it worth it? I'm still not sure. They were awfully delicious! I tried a couple of different Atkins bars this past week because I have been craving sweets so much. The chocolate decadence one was palatable but not pleasant. The chocolate coconut one I couldn't even eat.

Does anyone else have nearly uncontrollable sweet-cravings? How do you handle them? I looked on the recipe board and am considering the baggie ice-cream idea with maybe some cocoa powder in it. Any suggestions for "store bought" items?

I'm cleaning my house today. I have only done a piece at a time lately, so consequently it's never quite been really clean. DD is going to a slumber party tonight and I want to sit quietly and watch whatever I want on TV tonight and be able to relax. If I look around the room and see things I need to do, that won't happen. I may ignore them in favor of the TV, but still will be feeling guilty. Tonight, there will be nothing in sight that's left undone!

Back atcha tomorrow.

Jen
Old 09-27-2003, 06:04 PM   #8  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

checking in late today

Jen~ Ive found that my sugar cravings got to be uncontrollable when I was on Atkins (yup, I know they are suppose to go away) But after many months of successful dieting with Atkins, I think I was starting to do something wrong. Basically, not eating enough!! Ive started a new woe and Ive discovered the craving free zone once again........my thoughts on how to control the sugar monsters regardless as to what plan your on.......eat more often. Not more food, but more often, to keep your metabolism and sugar levels on a more even keel. Try a protein and veggie every couple hours, rather than 3 squares and snacks a day.

Been busy with hubby making signs, and installing them. Getting orders together for the xmas season. We are going to have some cool "different" stuff coming very soon....Im like a kid at christmas when it all arrives! lol

Deb & Pooky, how far away from each other are you going to be? Pooky do you actually have a house already? Good Luck to you!!

Thats about it for now, I have to get some cardio in before I get too lazy to do anything.

Robin
Old 09-27-2003, 10:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Good evening, everyone! Wow, it's so lonely around here when DD is gone to grandma's. Quiet and almost eerie! Besides, I should be out doing something sinful and fun, but I'm stuck here feeling like death warmed over, sick as a dog, and feeling sorry for myself. Checked in for my dose of sanity, passed out a few words of wisdom, picked up a few words of wisdom as I always do, and now I'd better drag it off to bed. Hopefully feel better tomorrow and hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 09-28-2003, 04:07 AM   #10  
Ready!!!

Morning to you all, It is now 4:51am and I am ready for work. Must not over sleep ever again.
Jen if you want to get your house cleaned go to the fly lady site. Man, she wippes you together??? www.Flylady.com, I think.
Yes Ruth, I still have the same E-mail address. I am gathering mushrooms to sell. These are the ones that go to Japan. the pine ones,Masentakies. I collected over 5 pounds yesterday.
Well all for now as I have a few things to do before work. I said that I wouldn't stay on line so long if I got the net back Hahahaha.

Have a slice of "Heven bless you....
just for being you."
Tazcat
Old 09-28-2003, 10:48 AM   #11  

Hey thanks Tazcat!
It was flylady.net, but I found it easily. I think it's exactly what I need! Awesome!

Jen
Old 09-28-2003, 02:23 PM   #12  

Jen

I don't care for the Atkins bars, but when I NEED chocolate, the Atkins Endulge bars do it for me. I have tried the regular Chocolate, the chewy nut somethings, and the peanut butter cups and they are all really good and they don't knock me out of Ketosis.

Good Luck!

Michelle
Old 09-28-2003, 05:55 PM   #13  
Slimwithin

I think, to get rid of the sugar cravings you have to be in ketosis for at least a month. Two weeks doesn't do it for me.
I'm also knocked right out of ketosis by things like Atkins bars. Don't ask me why when they are supposed to be so low in carbs but that's what happens.
Even the yogurt I'm eating lately has knocked me out of ketosis but I'm trying to eat small amounts more often and that's helping to keep my glucose levels fairly even. It's those wild fluctuations in blood sugar that bring on the cravings.

Jen, maybe you'd have better luck with the Carb Addict's Diet where you can have a reward meal once a day and that's where you can incorporate sweets.
That diet has worked for some people.
Old 09-28-2003, 11:17 PM   #14  
WW Moderator

Jen, I like the Atkin's Mocha bars the best. If I am really craving sweets, my new love is Le Carb yogurt. So far I have only seen it at WalMart. I bought cinnamon, and it was GREAT! Splenda only, no sugar alcohols.

I've been eating terrible the past few days. Rob is going to Holland tomorrow to visit his family, and it has been errand-errand-errand, with restaurants all the way. Double I'm going to miss Rob like crazy, and I'll be a couple of pounds heavier!