Old 09-24-2003, 07:54 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Wednesday Chat Sept 24/03

Just starting us up, I have to finish my coffee before I post anymore. (I want to make sense )

Have a cup and relax
Old 09-24-2003, 07:56 AM   #2  

Default Humpday happenings

Happy Humpday! Coffee's on, good and hot. Enjoy. Have a great day. Why don't we have a smilie for hot coffee? Just a thought.

Karla
Old 09-24-2003, 08:22 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I just merged Robin's thread and Tippurr's. I hope you two aren't confused!

Coffee tastes so good this morning. I'm glad I never was a purist on low carb and gave up cafeine. I do try to keep it to two cups a day and none after lunch or it buggers up my sleep.

A navy and pale green sunrise this morning but the dark clouds are gone. The weather stuck says rain but I'm ignoring it! We had an eight muddy paw morning but I am going to ignore the kitchen floor too until it dries. Why do I have a white floor?

Harry is showing a slight improvement according to the doc. His diabetes meds have been changed yet again. The poor man has to take six pills three times a day. He rattles when he walks! However, six pills are a heck of a lot better than an insulin shot!

I'm off for a walk and then off to music this morning. Hershey's job is after lunch and then I will do yet another batch of salsa! I finally got caught up but made the mistake of visiting the tomato patch this morning. Enough already! I may take a bushel of tomatoes down to Martha's Kitchen in Brockville.

Happy Hump Day, chickies.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:58 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Ruth~ I would have been if I hadnt had my coffee first
Im glad Harry is doing better, I think about you often in my day.

I got on the scale this morning, and I SHOULDN'T have!!!! After 2 weeks of BFL I had lost 6lbs. Now 1/2 way thru my 3rd week, Ive gained a lb!!! NUTS! So I whipped out the measuring tape, and did some measuring. Now I need to head over to Mrs Jim and see why Ive lost 7.3 inches, but have gained a lb!!

Good thing I grilled hubby last night about whether or not he thought I had lost weight. Yes, Im wearing a size smaller pants, and yes my ring is falling off, but darn it, I need to TOSS the scale! Hubby noticed of all things, that my boobs are smaller Ive noticed a change in my middle section, which is also where most of the inches lost came from. This is a good thing, since Im apple shaped!

Ok, Im done ranting, I know its muscle gain, (I hope) and I know I need to ditch the scale.......but after so much hard work its awful to see the scale go up!!!

The store has been quiet lately. Mind you hubbies 1/2 is busier than ever, which is great! Ive got some moose forms to trace on the outside walls today, and hopefully if the rain holds off, I'll get most of them painted.

Have a great day everyone!

Robin

Last edited by RobinH; 09-24-2003 at 09:35 AM.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:25 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Ruthie, you stinker !!! THANK YOU !!

Glad Harry is getting better

Pssssst... on the coffee, I drink atleast 1/2 a Pot a day, I've given up so much on Atkins but thats one thing I refuse to part with is my regular coffee....
Old 09-24-2003, 10:06 AM   #6  
LC Rooster

Good morning, ladies...

Well, I decided to give some Carbolite Chocolate Bake Mix a spin. I learned a few things from it, including the fact that you need to triple the recipe on the can in order to make a 'normal sized' bunt cake. I did a single batch, and it came out looking like a slightly over-sized doughnut. I made a cream cheese, butter, Splenda, and cocoa frosting for it.

Here's how the taste-test went for my mother and me:

We took one bite, and thought 'Hey, this isn't bad!'

We took a second bite, and thought 'Hmm...something isn't right here...'

We took a third bite, promptly spit it out, and threw the rest of the cake in the trash. Yes, that bad.

A) The cake itself was far, far too dry. After the first couple bites it began to taste bitter.

B) I royally screwed up the frosting. At least that's something I can fix in the future. I just didn't have enough stuff around to experiment with it.

If anyone is interested, the forsting was 8oz cream cheese, 4oz butter, 5 Tbsp Splenda, 3Tbsp cocoa. It ended up having WAY too much cream cheese, and needed more Splenda. So much for adapting a normal frosting recipe. Dividing the cake into 8 servings, it worked out to 1.81g carbs for the cake itself, 2.81g carbs for the frosting per portion, net 4.62g carbs a serving.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:42 PM   #7  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning all!

Just though I would check in quickly!

Welcome StorybookMama! Another Washingtonion! from about 20 miles north of you in Snohomish County!

Got 3 days in at the gym this week and right on track too! THe scale tells me today I am down another pound but I am going to wait until tomorrow until I record it as a loss!

I gotta run and take a shower but thought I would say Hi!

Hugs!!

KAren
Old 09-24-2003, 02:13 PM   #8  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Thanks Karen!

Yep, Washingtonian, born and raised. Living in Des Moines, just under the airport. =)

Glad to be here now that I'm serious about Atkins.

I like the daily thread...

Lisa
Bridget's Mom (03/02)
285/282/135

On Atkins - Week 1 induction
Old 09-24-2003, 07:08 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Hello, awful quiet on the board today. Maybe it's just me? Anyway, sick as a dog today, fever, chills, aches and pains, and sinus. What gives? Feels like the flu. Of course, I couldn't leave work today and can't be out tomorrow, so I hope everyone I work with has some serious Lysol to spray around, otherwise I could wipe out the whole office Wouldn't that be horrible???

The good news is, I already felt like crap, so I decided to take my walk anyway, and I was right, it didn't kill me! Hope you're all having a great day, talk to you soon!
Old 09-24-2003, 09:17 PM   #10  
Slimwithin

What did I miss? Where is everybody?

I'm hopping in pretty late. It's been a busy day. I stayed home today (except for my morning swim) to await my delivery from the low carb store and it didn't arrive. So, I phoned and was told they were waiting for one item to come in so it got sent today and will be delivered tomorrow. Now I have to reorganize tomorrow!

I still have to do my Body Flex but I had a good workout in the pool, incorporating some of the BF moves. Much easier in the water.

Brad, I'm wondering why you'd want to bother making a larger version of a cake that tasted so horrible. That bitter taste is probably the soy flour. Blecchhhhh!!! I'm hoping that the bread mix I ordered doesn't have that yuccky taste to it.
By the way, perhaps if you added some whipping cream, your frosting might turn out a little creamier. Just a thought.

I just can't figure out why my ketostix refuse to turn darker than pale pink. I'm still eating less than 20 gr of carbs a day and my calories are under 1,600 and often more like 1,200. I'm exercising every day and not eating any hidden carbs that I can discern. I don't know why I even buy those darn things anyhow because I'm more obsessive about them than I am about the scale.

Oh well, there's nothing I can do about it short of giving up every single carb and I refuse to do that. I wouldn't mind not being in ketosis if only I was losing weight but I'm NOT! This is so discouraging. I could understand my not losing weight if I was cheating but I haven't cheated since mid-July.

Any helpful thoughts??
Old 09-25-2003, 10:10 AM   #11  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Linda, according to the Atkins Center, even if your stick is lite pink you are in ketosis. I called and asked them that question early on. they said any change is ketosis. So you are in ketosis. Have you thought about calling their 800 number and talking to one of the people there? They might have some ideas for you! Let me know if you need the number!