Old 09-23-2003, 09:26 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Tuesday in the Coop Sept 23/03

Good Morning Everyone!!

Had a great day yesterday!! Did my upper body workout yesterday, and today my arms are pretty much killing me!! feels good! Did a walk in the rain and felt really charged up when I got home.....so I hoped in the shower and then hassled hubby for a while

Jennifer~ the prep work is in the cooking and having enough meals for the next several days. With 6 meals a day, I seem to always be cooking. Usually after supper Ive got the pans out again, and Im cooking up something to hopefully tie me over for 2-3 days. Some stuff I cant cook too much of in advance (salmon patties) because they just dont taste good if I freeze them. The planning isnt suppose to take alot of time, but for me it does. So if I have my meals, and enough clean foods Im ok. Otherwise I spend too much time getting ready for the next day. My actual workouts take less time than the cooking I do almost every day.

Thats about it around here, Im hoping the rain holds off until I get to work (Im walking today)

Have a good one
Robin

Last edited by RobinH; 09-23-2003 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:15 AM   #2  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning all!

Wow.. I am never this high up on the list!

Robin - Good for you with your exercise! I wish it would start raining here again too! I like the warm weather but we need the rain so badly in Western WA!!

Everyone wish me luck! Today is my first Meeting as a Daisy Leader! 14 five year old girls! My co-leader and I have lots of fun stuff planned for our 1.5 hour meeting! But still!

I wont be exercising this morning but plan to get a walk on the treadmill sometime before 2 pm when I have to leave for school to get the meeting set up! I need to go grocery shopping desparately! LOL

anyway, hope all have a great day! I will try to check in again at some point!

Hugs all!
Old 09-23-2003, 10:45 AM   #3  
reaching my goals

I can't believe I'm this high up either. It's raining here again. We don't need it. I think it is hampering the efforts of the power company to restore power to my neighbor hood. I must say these ice cold showers every morning are getting the blood pumping. I would almost kill for a hot shower or bath. Anyway I'm down a few pounds this week so I'm excited. I'll be living on pork skins and nuts for the next couple of days if power isn't restored soon. Have a great week!
Old 09-23-2003, 12:05 PM   #4  

I was doing a roofing project a week ago - I don't mind if it isn't too steep. The thing that bothers me the most is getting on and off of the ladder, once I'm up, I'm just fine.

I can relate to the no electricity - we were out for 3 days a couple months ago - you really take it for granted - I'd turn around to do something and realize I couldn't do it. Thankfully electricity at work was not a problem.

I maintained this past week so I'm trying harder this week.

Anyone want my headache???? Think I'm going to hit a can of Diet Dr. Pepper for the caffeine.

Anyone out there have trouble with carpal tunnel???? Any suggestions short of surgery. I have braces and try and wear them at night and am trying to ice my wrists down. I lost sleep for two nights because the pain was so bad.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:26 PM   #5  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Quote:
Originally posted by d_rowland

Anyone out there have trouble with carpal tunnel???? Any suggestions short of surgery. I have braces and try and wear them at night and am trying to ice my wrists down. I lost sleep for two nights because the pain was so bad.
Debra,

Try the magnet wrist bands. My hubby has CTS and had relief surgery on one wrist. That wrist still has issues and he finds the magnets work wonders for the pain!
Old 09-23-2003, 05:08 PM   #6  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Talking New here - started Atkins yesterday

I'm newish here. I have checked in before, but not for a long time.

I'm Lisa, mom to Bridget who is 18 months old.

I have battled weight my whole life, but especially after having a baby!

I started Atkins yesterday and so far I really like it. I'm keeping a journal of thoughts about it and so far this is what I like about it:

It's simple - you can either eat it or not. Still difficult to DO, but not hard to implement.

I get to enjoy REAL blue cheese dressing on my salads without any guilt at all.

Today, day 2, I have a massive headache and a huge carb craving - but I am determined to do this for as long as I need to (which is forever) because I want to lose a total of 150 pounds.

I'm looking forward to hearing ideas from all of you and catching up on what you like to chat about.
Old 09-23-2003, 05:14 PM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Welcome back Lisa
One day at a time, you can do it!!
Old 09-23-2003, 05:41 PM   #8  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Welcome back Lisa
One day at a time, you can do it!!

Thanks!!

This is what I'm banking on. I can do anything for one day, or 5 minutes, or whatever it takes to make it through the next craving... because I still crave carbs/sweets.

This is the simplest thing I've ever had to do for weight loss, though, so that makes it much easier to stick with for a lifetime.

Thanks again,

Lisa
Old 09-23-2003, 06:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Hey everyone! Where are you all hiding??????????

Went for my walk this afternoon, feel 100000000% better now that I've started by doing the first one. Now, to continue it every day! Anyway, felt a pull in the thighs, that's a new one, usually the calves are the first to tense up. Use those muscles, girl!

Hope you're all having a great day, talk to you later!
Old 09-23-2003, 08:52 PM   #10  
Slimwithin

Nothing too exciting going on here. I had to renew my auto insurance today. I didn't even realise that I was driving without insurance on Monday. Had to get a friend to drive me to the insurance place and then do the waiting in line bit so the morning was shot. I did get in my Body Flex workout before breakfast though. Even though I haven't lost anything with it, I do like the way it makes me feel. I even practice the breathing exercises while driving. Believe me, it's highly unusual...in fact UNHEARD OF...for me to be enthused about any kind of exercise.
This afternoon I picked up a couple of wide mouth thermoses and some yogurt and homo milk to start my own yogurt. I'm going to try adding yogurt to my diet to see if it helps get me out of this stall. Tomorrow my order from the Low Carb store will be delivered and I'll have some caramel da Vinci syrup to flavor it with. I sure hope this recipe I got from the Atkins Friends website really works.
I'm going to make the Macafoni & Cheese recipe tonight. I've heard good reviews about it so I picked up some (yuck) firm tofu today. Now I just have to build up my courage to actually taste test it.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:13 AM   #11  
WW Moderator

Linda, Advice: Get the tofu pressed drained as much as possible. It keeps it from being soggy. My recipe called for the cotton style, not silken style, but silken was all I could find.
Old 09-24-2003, 02:42 AM   #12  
Slimwithin

Actually, the Macafoni & Cheese made with tofu wasn't bad at all. I'm not sure if the tofu was cottony or silken but I drained it very well and cut it up into macaroni-like pieces and threw it together with the sauce. It was very rich and I couldn't eat much but it was an interesting change.
Something has knocked me right out of the tiny bit of ketosis that I was in. Could it be the Atkins Banana Nut Muffin? Could it be the tofu? Neither of them has much in the way of carbs so I just can't figure out why my test strips are always so light.
I didn't get around to making the yogurt yet. That will be a project for tomorrow.