Old 09-19-2003, 05:28 AM   #1  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Default HURRYcain Friday 9/19

Coffee is on and hot. getting ready to head to work

Morning hens and rooster!!! Not a single boyscout signed up. UGH! (Had sign ups last night) that leaves mw iwth a total of 7 kids so far. not good.

well it is time to run. love to all you girls (and rooster!!)
Old 09-19-2003, 07:17 AM   #2  

Mornin'.

Sue - Maybe you'll get some last minute volunteers. Good luck.

Still no sightings of our little fugitive. The latest theory is that one of our seventh grade charmers (get it? snake. charmer. Sometimes I can't help myself) pulled a "Free Wille" and the little devil is now slithering around some SE Iowa prairie (the snake, not the kid). Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Now I just have to come up with something to make the 169 remaining days of school as interesting.

DH's union votes on contract tomorrow. Wish us luck. He works at a metal factory. Teachers in Iowa aren't allowed to strike. So I never have to worry about that for my job. We have to go to binding arbitration.

Time to go prepare for my day. Have a great one!

Karla
Old 09-19-2003, 08:01 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good windy rainy morning!

We will get just a few bits of Isabel this morning and we are ready for her! I watched CNN with the Girls this morning and am appalled at the devastation! Good old Mother Nature strikes again. I hope all our chickies are safe.

My eating has not been good at all the past two weeks. I need to get back on track. I've not even stepped on the scales and don't intend to do so for a while yet. Right now I'm focused on Harry and what he eats as his BGL is really screwed up. We go to the doc next Tuesday and he will probably adjust his meds again.

I am supposed to go to music this morning but may have to cancel. My neighbour was to keep an eye on H. but has to go to Ottawa. Alas! Ah well, she will get me some city-only groceries when she is there.

Have a good TGIF and stay safe.
Old 09-19-2003, 08:14 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

Glad to see everyone made it thru Izzy okay. We had high winds and rain but only a few limbs fell...thank God !!

Ruthie, don't worry about the diet, just try to select healthy choices, you'll get back into the swing of things. Just take care of you and don't worry about anything else (well you know what I mean ) Hugs.

Sue & Tippurr

Hugs to you all and I hope everyone in the storms path is okay.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:02 AM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Old 09-19-2003, 10:16 AM   #6  

Morning from COOL midwest this morning. Walked out with a skirt and no pantyhose and got frostbite on my knees - NO, not that bad, but it is only 51, didn't think it was that cold. Well, if I walk on break or at noon I'll burn more calories, just trying to keep warm.

Glad to know our hurricane friends are safe and sound - anyone see that weatherman blow away last night on the news when he was trying to measure the windspeed??? It was funny, thankfully no one was hurt.

Bummed last night getting stuff ready for garage sale. I wanted so bad to go through things in the garage, but couldn't get in. Can't find my garage door opener and my daughter was at work with her's. There are two wires outside that usually you can touch together and it will open. Took a loose pane of glass out, but there is no way I could squeeze through it to get in - Oh, well, at least I have something to do tonight. Need to print out more pricing stickers today. My closet is 1/2 empty - can't wear it, it was gone!!! A few things I really liked I kept. When I fit into 12's again, I guess I'll just have to go shopping.

Ruthie - take care of DH, and just don't overdo it!
Old 09-19-2003, 11:07 AM   #7  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning!

Just wanted to check in and say HI!

Another Rainy day here in Western WA. Kids are off to school and I have bills and painting to do today!

Feeling a little tired! TOM is taking its toll on me with all the pain. I know it will pass in a few days but I am sooo mad about it!

Anyway.. I am off to get started on stuff. I will try checking in later!
Old 09-19-2003, 06:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Totally off topic, but have any of you noticed how all our TOM's come around the same time? They say women who are great friends or who live in the same house will syncronize their cycles. We must be best buds, then!! Mine is almost gone, but still the bloating continues. Wait and see, wait and see, la la la la!

Had a great day today NOT and found out I'm in danger of losing my job. This I do not need, on top of all the other craziness in my life. My family really needs the benefits and the paycheck, since I'm the only one left now. Grrrrrrrr!!

This seems like a patio drink night to me, MamaJ, wanna come to a pity party? Your drinks taste so much better than mine! Everyone have a great weekend, talk to you soon!
Old 09-19-2003, 09:34 PM   #9  
Slimwithin

This morning I went to the pool and it was over 30 minutes before my friend showed up so I got in a really vigorous workout on my own. I was going to do my Body Flex routine this evening but I'm still exhausted from this morning. Hey, don't they say that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger? I should be getting plenty strong.

It's hard to believe but it's taken the entire 5 week challenge and the first 2 and a bit weeks of the current 8 week challenge to finally lose my desire for goodies. YIPPEEE!! It's totally amazing to me that I have to remind myself to eat and often when I check my stats on Fit Day I discover I haven't had enough calories OR carbs. This is a good thing. I wonder if the extra bit of exercise I'm doing is having an effect on my appetite.

I'm glad to hear that all our Chicks came through Isabel okay. It sounds like it was a doozy in some areas though. I'm sure glad we don't have that problem here.

Today I bought an Atkins Banana Nut Muffin/Loaf mix. It cost $7 and it only makes 12 muffins but they are only 2 grams of carbs each. I'm going to bake them tomorrow and then freeze them for those mornings when I just can't face another egg. I'm finding the Atkins Pancake Mix is also good for those days and keep me full for hours.

I hope you all have a lovely OP weekend.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:09 AM   #10  
reaching my goals

I made it through Isabel with no damage to my house but neighbors received some. The surrounding neighborhood took a lot of damage. We still have no power and the Army post I work on was completely flooded so I'm not sure when I will be back to work. I'm sure we'll have to work from home on laptops as much as possible. I'm on laptop now but not sure how long battery will last. We're still cleaning debris from our yards so that will have to suffice for my exercise.