Old 09-22-2003, 12:57 PM   #16  

Those Banana muffins sound good - I'd have to freeze them too, cause they would be too much of a temptation to have in the house.

Has anyone tried the Atkins Indudge mint wafer bars???? AWESOME!!!
Old 09-22-2003, 01:32 PM   #17  

Smile

I found some Russel Stovers low carb chocolates at Eckerds this weekend . They are sooo good , I can't tell the difference. The heath bart type are really yummy.
Old 09-22-2003, 09:04 PM   #18  
Slimwithin

The only Endulge bars that I've seen here are the Peanut Butter Cups (which are not terrific but do in a pinch) and the Caramel Crunch which are really good.
But, I have great news. I have learned of a Low Carb Store in my area. It's a bit too far for me to drive (well, not really but I hate fighting Vancouver traffic) so they use postal delivery for an extra $10. On Wednesday, I will receive delivery of CarbSense Zero Carb Baking Mix, Carbsense Harvest Wheat Bread Machine Bread Mix, Gol D Lite Chocolate Chips, Carmel Da Vinci Syrup, Carbsense Instant Hot Cereal Roasted Hazelnut and a Belgium Sugarless Choclate Bar to the tune of 63.02 including shipping and taxes. I sure hope some of it tastes good. Has anybody tried any of these products?
Old 09-22-2003, 11:49 PM   #19  
WW Moderator

OH MY!!! I had Le Carb cinnamon sugar free yogurt today. WOW!! It tastes just like the vanilla-cinnamon ice cream I used to get at a Tex-Mex place we like. It is REALLY good. Also, it does not have sugar alcohols that upsets the stomach. It has 3 grams of glycerine, which is considered a carb, but I don't think there are any known side effects from it. It has 6 carbs total per serving, which is I think 1/2 cup. My container is at work, or I'd look. I bought it at Wal-Mart and it is BY FAR the best sugar free goodie I have ever had. At least without maltitol!

Golden Farms makes a YUMMY chocolate covered caramel. Very regular tasting, didn't notice artificial flavoring. They have a good fudge mint one also. I have found them at Walgreens and also at Food City. Single packs are $1.09.

Atkins Traditional White Bread. It is expensive at $5.19 a loaf, but I keep it in the freezer and only take out pieces at a time. I had a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich on Atkins toast the other day and it was great. I also toast it and put on fake honey. It is slightly strange textured...but very close to regular! I have only eaten it toasted. Not sure what it is like regular. I find it in the organic and diet section of my Kroger's in the freezer.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:05 AM   #20  

Jennifer, or anyone else , Have you tried the Atkins white bread that you make yourself? We have that here, but no lo carb breads that are premade.
Glad to hear about the LeCarb yogurt, I've wondered about that. It will be great for special occasions like birthdays and holidays coming up.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:55 AM   #21  

I have had both the Atkins white and rye bread and like them both. You are right they are not exactly like normal - a bit heavier, but I enjoy them. I make sandwiches out of them - untoasted. Keeping it in the freezer is the best place for it, it keeps much better.

I'll be making a trip to check out the leCarb yogurt, we have a Wal*Mart here in town.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:07 PM   #22  

Default Best low carb convenience food since low carb bread

I just tried the new Johnsonville pre-cooked frozen sausages and they are awesome. They are fully browned, full size italian sausages (I think they also have bratwurst) that come in a re-sealable, 2 pound bag. 2 minutes in the microwave and you have perfect sausage without all the smoky, greasy mess.

I know I send like a commercial, but I adore italian sausage and peppers but I hate cooking sausage indoors. This is the ticket for a quick meal.

Cara