Old 08-21-2003, 06:45 AM   #1  

Default Thursday, August 21 Chat

G'morning; nobody else up yet?
Old 08-21-2003, 07:03 AM   #2  

Had to post before leaving for work because

I LOST 4 LBS!

This has been so hard this time! And has taken me 10 days to get under control enough to stay with it. But the last few days were pretty good, even though they were pretty high calorie. But I feel like I can stay with it for a bit now.

What a relief. It is my 10th anniversary in September, and we have a big, black-tie bar mitzvah in November, and I really wanted to NOT be my fattest. I don't have to be skinny, but I didn't want to HATE what I wore and what I looked like. I always avoid being photographed, and you can't at these things, then I am upset at the pitures and it ruins the day. So I really wanted to get my weight down.

Off to the trenches. More paperwork, a brief managers seminar, and another quick lightweight meeting in the afternoon. Should go fast. Then my DS, DM, and DN return from 4 days camping in Massachusets, so I'll probably have dinner with them.

I am getting kicked off Compuserve constantly lately, so I'd better post this. I lost one post already this morningl

be good!
dottie
Old 08-21-2003, 08:10 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Dottie! You are back in the groove again!

"Of course I'm up!" sez she indignantly. I am having a hard time getting my rear in gear these days but still am up and about before 6. Methinks I'd better get back to taking my supplements regularly the same way I take my diabetic meds. Duh!

Yesterday went well with Hersh and The Press. She behaved like the North American Champion that she is. I think she was expecting ribbons or something as she kept going into show position when the camera was pointed! I really didn't think starting with Thera-Paws would cause all this fuss! I admit I was nervous and felt rather strange by 2 PM. Then I realized I'd skipped breakfast and lunch. Another Duh! Who says we get smarter as we get older?

Today is going to be hot again but I will NOT turn on the AC! I plan to make yet more pickles and tackle some of the baking for the weekend.

Hershey and I are off for our walk to get the newspaper.

Have a Thrilling Thursday - as best you can!
Old 08-21-2003, 08:41 AM   #4  

Morning all!

Well back to wok full time and off to a running start. It has been hot and soooooooo humid ere schools are leeting out early, so it gives me a little more office time to get things back on track.

I did weigh myself today and even though TOM is over, still up a pound, but I ill weigh again tomorrow just as a double check, I think it is just a flucuation, not really a gain Been OP without a hitch, although I did start back t exercise after not exercising for a couple of weeks and have had an increase in hunger. Been eating right at 20 carbs (how do those of you who stay under do it????!!!!!) An although finishing up my 4th week, I am trying to stick to the 20 carbs or less, but expanded a few food choices that may not be induction friendly, but no Atkins products. Sticking to meat, cheese, eggs and salads mostly.

Well gotta head off after a hearty breakfast of eggs and bacon!

Have an extraordinary day!

Lily
Old 08-21-2003, 08:44 AM   #5  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, way to go Dotti!

It has taken me a few days to get back in the groov after my father and brothers left. My In laws come next week so I am trying to find a little time for ME, but it is not happening.

I fell asleep on the couch last night about 7!

So for those of you who remember my story about my fahter's lovely bride and how she said I couln't have my grandmother's engagement ring? Well my Father brought me the stone last week. I have a huge smile because she just hung herself more and more along the way. So anyway I took KFS with me to the jewler to pick out a setting. I get it tuesday.

Boys to the eye doctor today and maybe to the pool again. It is hot but Ruthxxx, I DO have the AC on.

Happy summer day to all the chicks and our Rooster to come.
-L
Old 08-21-2003, 08:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Everyone!

Dottie, Way to go! good for sticking to your guns!

Lily I think the 20g thing is a mix of the fact that I have barely anything in the house that has over 2 carbs and paranoia! I also find that the more I eat it the more I want it so that kind of stops me in my tracks, I'm liking this no craving thing. I do believe I have a very low tolerance to the carbs. My maintenance level is going to be like 35g, just wait,

Wow birthdays everywhere, holy! Glad everyone is "enjoying" all the planning and getting your stuff done, and making cakes, brave ladies you are!

Ruth, glad your time at the hospital went well, good Hershey! We have a program like that here for non-verbal people with mental disabilities, it has done wonders!

Still OP, had an oppsy day though. Had a MacDonalds Chicken ceasar salad because I was in a huge rush and very hungry, even brought my own dressing so I won't eat the light stuff that comes with it. Anyway, it turns out that the salad has 8g of carbs all on it's own and I popped over 20g that day, Ugh! So no wonder I have a stubborn scale problem this week but I'm using that as motivation to get my rear in gear. I haven't been exercising regularly in about 3 weeks since I began induction, after all where is the motivation when the weight is coming off anyway? So, up at 6am, as usual, but instead of sitting around waking up I jumped on my elliptial trainer and kicked my own butt, gosh that hurt this morning. Went the full 20 minutes I wanted to and hit 2 miles, so that's a small triumph considering I may have been sleeping the first half of the workout. And some other revelations, my salt intake has been creeping up for the last week and I'm also eating most of my carbs at dinner which is usually around 7pm, not good either. So adjusting things a bit and figuring that will make a difference.

Happy Thursday all.

Tummy
Old 08-21-2003, 09:07 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Everyone

Dottie~ Way To go!!

Had a pretty good day yesterday, I havent been getting in enough water, but I'll get better at it.

I tried the new sugarless peanut butter cups last night. I came home and popped one in hubby's mouth, and he instantly turned around and said "You better not be eating these!" He honestly couldnt tell they were sugarfree! I think I found a great sub for my chocolate/peanut cravings during TOM.

Dd is going to the neighbours for the day to enjoy the kids and the pool, while I head to the nonairconditioned store! She should have a great time.

Thats about all thats new in my small corner of the world.

Have a great day
Robin
Old 08-21-2003, 09:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Morning All,

DS woke up about 6:45, very excited to find a mini-cake (the main event with family is tonight) and presents waiting for him.

We made him his favorite breakfast - he took about two bites, said he was full and asked if it was time for presents and cake - parents can be so dense

He is playing with his new toys (the microscope was the biggest hit) and I'm catching my breath. Family party tonight and friends party on Saturday and then I get to relax!

I did pretty yesterday except I kept licking finger to get the icing off! It was decorating icing so I don't even like the taste but it was automatic to just lick it off even when I get saying "stop that!" It is a pirate cake so I just did it in basic white and will festoon it with "treasure" just before serving.

It's hot here today and we're going to be running around like mad so I am trying to drink lots of water this morning to see me through the rest of the day...
Old 08-21-2003, 10:40 AM   #9  

Congrats, Dottie! Great job! That's cute about Hershey posing for the cameras, Ruth!

It's a running-running-running day for me so I better hit the showers. Water, very weak ice tea and chicken salads today for me as my recently dropped 9 lbs. (I really think it was from ALL that walking/sweating that I did in Florida a few weeks ago) is back up a couple - drat!

Have a great day all -

Kel
Old 08-21-2003, 11:00 AM   #10  
WW Moderator

Congratulations to you Dottie, I'm glad things are on track for you now! Tummy, you're just melting away. Congratulations!

I'm off work until Monday. No rest though, we have a garage sale to get ready for and the house looks like a train wreck. I don't know if I'll ever get done! Still not lost weight this week. Lack of exercise probably has something to do with it. Been working 12 hour days all week and only have fit it in once. Shame on me!

Ok, off to water and price tags...
Old 08-21-2003, 11:07 AM   #11  

Way to go Dottie!!

Has anyone else tried the new Atkins Endulge ice cream? I bought some last weekend, vanilla, for the "I must have something sweet, right now" cravings I still get occasionally. I tried one last night and wasn't really impressed. It was alright, but all in all, and considering the 4g count, I think I would rather have sf jello. Has anyone tried the chocolate?

Well, I may be going out to lunch today. This will be my first time to have lunch out OP. My DD and DGD may come and meet me for lunch at Wendy's. I think I can just have a burger less the bun and still be alright. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Have a great day!!
Old 08-21-2003, 11:41 AM   #12  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning everyone!

WTG Dottie! And 9 pounds Kel! WTG to you too!

I have another busy day planned today. Lots to do around here then Soccer and Crochet Classes this evening. SHeesh...

I made my own 3 Carb Strawbery Smoothie last night with tofu, strawberries, Sweet and Low and water. It was a little runny but tasted pretty darn good. I made it to counter act the blueberry pie that I made for my family. DS LOVES Blueberry pie and since I blew it yesterday and missed the hike we all were supposed to go on, I made the pie to make him feel better. Nothing like a 7 year old's tears to make you feel guilty!

Hope all have a great day!
Old 08-21-2003, 01:19 PM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Karen, did you get my PM?
Old 08-21-2003, 01:55 PM   #14  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruthxxx
Karen, did you get my PM?
Yes I did and I replied as well!
Old 08-21-2003, 05:21 PM   #15  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

still going Ok here, staying OP but have not tried to exercise. you guys and guy are doing so great!! i will soon be getting my own computer back soon so I will be freer to do things with this and it will be back to my old speed. (My dad had mine fixed I love that guy!!)

work is busy getting ready for the state it takes 3 months to make sure things are up to snuff and then 3 months to get things back to regular then 6 months of starting to get ready for the inspection then 3 months ofgetting things up to snuff and well you get the picture!!n