Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-03-2005, 10:09 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Wednesday, August 3rd - CHAT :)

Helllooooooo !!!

Helllooooooo !!!

Anyone home How's everyone doing this beautiful day?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:47 AM   #2  
prepare for the BEST time

here I am! (in body anyway, my spirit is elsewhere)....amazing that all 300 passengers survived the crash in Toronto! (thanksGod!)

I woke up this morning to noises in the master bath, the cat was batting my razor around, or trying to slit his wrists because I hadn't fed him fast enough......

Carla, I enjoy my rebounder, it's not noisy at all, but the bar makes all the difference in me feeling securely balanced....I'm working on adding on length of time (for fat burning).....I could never work that fast on the floor, so it works for me....

Where is Kierie? and others?
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey there leenie and the gang!

you busy at work today? silly question huh! hey? did you decide anything about the other job??? or are you trying not to think about it?

Tippy - it is always so good to see a post from you! wish you would do that more often Several people in chat asked if you were coming to chat. We were looking for you!

Cin - how ya feeling today girlie? How is dd doing? Hey - how many sun catchers did you end up hanging up on your windows?

MMarie - I went and looked at your pictures! They are absolutely AWESOME! I cannot even imagine standing there and taking those pictures! And you and dh look great! You look just as sweet in your pictures as you come thru in your posts!

AND HEY - HAPPY 44TH BIRTHDAY MMARIE! wooohoooooooo! hope you have a great day!

Buddly - I had never thought about how long or short your days must be up there!

Carla - congrats on joining the gym! let us know how you like it when you try it out! we saw that plane crash on the national news last night. That was truly a miracle that everyone survived that crash! WOW!

April - CONGRATS on the 22.2 loss! you are doing great! slow and steady wins the race!!!! Have you and Buddly got to meet in person yet?

Liz - how was your day shift yesterday?

SueMarie - I hope you did well on your finals yesterday! That would be great if you can post some "after" pictures on your driveway. would love to see them! Hope your asthma gets better!

I don't really know much - just busy everywhere I go. Stayed up late with teenagers last night so did not get up early enough to exercise this morning. I hate when I don't get it in like I should *sigh* Lots of errands to run during lunch today but it's just not the same as "exercise".

Hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey marble - you and I were posting at the same time!

you are too funny about the cat trying to slit it's wrists.

congrats on 2 mornings of exercise before work!

don't ya love getting it done first thing!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:03 AM   #5  

Happy birthday Marie

Hi everyone!

Back later!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:45 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth
My gram is doing much better she is off the Oxygen and hopefully coming home soon.
Unfortuneately I got a call on Thursday that my 21 year old cousin passed away. So I've been In PA all weekend till yesterday. It was very intense and sad but we came out of it ok with only Minimal cheating.
I left work On Thursday and our internet is down @ home so I couldn't post.
I'll catch up on the other posts this afternoon.
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:16 PM   #7  

Hi gang! I never did get those planning council minutes from church typed up! Going through my papers, I discovered that I'd forgotten the August birthdy list for Pastor. Every Sunday, he reads off the names of who celebrated a birthday during the past week and we all say a prayer for them! Today I'll do the minutes! Then, I'm caught up until October unless there is an emergency meeting.

Tis hot again today! Again, I got all the kitchen stuff done early.

My DS phoned me today. Haven't talked with her in probably a year as we're not close. There is no anamosity...we just never got close because our "Mommy Dearest" played us against each other all our lives. Anyway, it's amazing how much alike we are. I also had thought that some of my health issues were due to having had polio but she has the same issues and she didn't have it. Interesting.

Gotta go......diuretics are the pits.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 01:26 PM   #8  

Happy Birthday Marie!!!!! (you are a fortunate young lady!)

Kierie, I'm sorry for your loss.....my cousin passed this weekend too, he was much older, but chose to keep quiet about inoperable brain tumors....He was just visiting me from Ontario a few months ago, driving my little sportscar around, looking the picture of health?

I did not over-eat, (but had many glasses of wine and a couple of cosmopolitans)...to keep *busy* I baked 4 large specialty cakes and gave them away to friends and neighbors.....I went through 2 dozen eggs and 2 pints of fat-free sour cream, it gave me something to concentrate on.....
Old 08-03-2005, 01:34 PM   #9  

Hi Cathy, (my head was full, sorry).....yes, I feel a great sense of accomplishment when I get some good exercise in first thing....my HR is sitting in the high 130s and I can keep up the intense cardio for almost 4 mins at a time (remember my advanced age)!

my recovery time is improving too, and my BP is very normal!

As for the cats......2 Maine Coones.....who have 4AM stomach alarm clocks....one of them has a very neat *trick*, to stand on the dresser and paw at the mirror, making it BANG ON THE WALL until I wake up, while the other runs through the verticals, making them clack.....no sleeping for me.......
Old 08-03-2005, 01:56 PM   #10  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hey guys I got my grades for my classes. I got an A in my Physics Class… which was no problem at all.. and then for my Calculus class…...*mystery music playing*… I got a B. I’m telling you, there had to of been a HUGE curve because I do not feel I deserved a B. I came away from the class not understanding a lot of the material. I hope the teacher I have for Calculus 2 in the Fall will be easier for me to follow.

Cathy – I did better than I expected as you can see from above… I still am kinda shakey on the material tho. I’m going to attempt to spend the rest of my summer trying to re-teach myself the material. Just kinda look deeply into the books and see if I can understand why I did what I did to a problem. I also have a paper I need to write for a waiver on a class I do not need to take. It’s 2 classes actually. Both are in the Field experience courses where you have to go out and put in so many hours in a school environment. I work at a school, so I should be able to waive the classes. We shall see!

Kierie – My prayers and thoughts are with you! I’m so sorry for your loss. *warm hugz*

I’m still nursing this chest cold. I woke up with no voice today. I will not be going to my water aerobics class, just can’t afford to make things worse for me. Especially since my asthma is acting up.

Take care everyone…
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 02:16 PM   #11  
Oooo Silly Me!

It’s amazing what little motivation is needed to get a garage cleaned out. Well I guess I wouldn’t exactly call it little. My neighbor from across the street came over to my house at around hmmm 11p.m. which was no problem for me because we had the front gate opened to get fresh air into the house. It was one of those security doors… anyways… He came over to talk to us about what had happened to his wifes car. He said that he left around 10 am and his wife’s black Honda accord was sitting in front of their house. When he got home around 3pm it was gone! Can you believe that?? In the middle of the day! His wife was home, the neighbors wife was home, *I* was home. I can’t believe it. His next door neighbor, he works for the SWAT team and he had his house broken into a month or two back. My next door neighbor said they saw a black car parked out front and they did not recognize it. The neighbor who had his Honda stolen said that he saw a Black Nissan Ultima driving around the neighborhood. He also said that they pulled up to my next door neighbors house as if they were checking out his cars in the driveway. They own a Civic and a Toyota truck. His truck is all fixed up and has hydraulics. So he just wanted to come around and talk to everyone and tell them what he is noticing. I truly appreciate this. It’s amazing the rash of problems going on in this neighborhood now. We can’t afford to move I am trying to convince James to get a house alarm put in cause I don’t like staying home alone a lot of the times So last night after my neighbor left, we got up and cleaned out the garage in record time! We could only fit one car in it LOL… well lets just say we threw a lot of the big things into my computer room. We’re going to work on getting a shed next so for now, my computer room has turned into a storage room. I don’t go in there much since I have the laptop and have wireless access so it’s okie … for now anyways. But the important thing is, we got both cars in the garage lol… a tight fit, but they are both in.
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 02:46 PM   #12  

Wow Sue Marie..........good job at school and cleaning your garage..........I believe if they want your car they will take it no matter what time of the day it is or who is home........putting it away makes it harder so they definately will go for he easy one.

Ko sorry about your loss

Marble your cats sound adorable

Hi Tip, Leens and Cathy

Being lazy today, have to get a few things done........including kicking dd 13's butt............

Back later!

LIz

Last edited by liz321; 08-03-2005 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:46 PM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Suemarie OMG thats so scary! Congrats on your grades
Marble MMM Cosmos! I'm sorry about your cousin hon
Liz Uhoh what did DD 13 do?
Thank you all for the sentiments!
I wouldn't make it through the day without you all
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 04:27 PM   #14  

DD13 is "not" doing a thing I say..........time to draw in the reigns......off to work for 4 hours ...........see you when I get home!

Liz
Old 08-03-2005, 04:41 PM   #15  

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon
Just popped in to say Hi and Happy Birthday Marie! Hope you have a good one!
Have a great day everyone.
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote