Old 05-08-2003, 09:14 PM   #1  

Default mothers day here sunday - so having a day off

my 3 girls (teenagers) see mothers and fathers day as a really big thing, they plan it for weeks, they cook all the food and everything so i just dont want to spoil it for them by saying ummm cant eat that or this, my youngest said last night "you are gonna eat what we cook for you arent you mum" and i just dont want to disappoint them and spoil their day. I want to lose a few pounds before the op, im only about 20lbs overweight (now that i have lost the 6 on the first day) but i just couldnt bear to see their disappointed faces. I know some people would think differently but i just dont want my diet to become the priority in all our lives, not on a day when the kids put so much effort into it.

thats my one truly lazy day of the year, all i have to do is shower myself and get dressed and the kids do the rest, cool huh

chezza
Old 05-09-2003, 07:25 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Very cool! My kids used to do that for me way back when. This year I will be going to a BBQ at my DIL's parent's place so they can hit on both Mothers at once. My daughter is too far away to see on the day but I will probably hear from her.

Have a lovely day and don't worry about food - just make what choices you can!
Old 05-09-2003, 07:37 AM   #3  

Ahh, I can't wait for the time my little girl will be so thoughtful! Her birthday is forever and inextricably tied to Mother's Day, her party this year is on Sunday! (her actual birthday is Monday) I seem to get lost on the wayside, but I don't care really, as long as my girlie is happy since it's her special day As for the food, I think there is the 11th commandment thatthou must always eat what thy child has made with love