Old 04-16-2003, 04:42 AM   #1  
Ready!!!

Default Daily Chat,april 16/03

Morning Chicks, it is 5:35am, and I am ready for work. I think, "think", that we will have a new grandbaby today sometime, as it is the full moon
DDIL is due the 18th.

Ruth what are you doing up this time of the morning??? Tomorrow is my day off and let me tell you I will be sleeping in.Your dogs sound wonderful, our dog is, I don't know what to call him.

Pooky- I did have a great day yesterday thank you very much , right back at all of you wonderful chick today.

and Barbg-you might have won a year supply of desserts, but at the fun night last night I ate a years supply, not good I have a slight head ache this morning

Having someone who
understands is a great
blessing for ourselves.
Being someone who
understands is a great
blessing to others.

Janette Oke

Love Tazcat
Old 04-16-2003, 06:49 AM   #2  
Big Loser

Good morning Taz and all those to come!!!

Quick check in as I have to get DS up and moving! More Later
Old 04-16-2003, 08:11 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I knew this date was familiar! On this date in 1960 I got married to MEW's father! I wore a white dress, carried red roses and was a virgin! I'm sure you all wanted to know that! Lots of stuff has happened since then, most of it good.

What a day I had yesterday! First a lovely morning in the greenhouse and then I raked for a whole 2½ hours in the afternoon! It feels so good to be able to do it. The shoulder is holding up - it still hurts but not more! It was very warm yesterday - 70F, maybe? and today we are back to freezing point again! At least we didn't get the predicted freezing rain!

Lots of bills and stuff still to do so I'm off.
Old 04-16-2003, 08:24 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Ladies

Happy Anniversary Ruth!! You must have earned those 3x's after you got married

Just a quickie this morning, I have lots to do before Saturday, and my house is a mess. You know what its like when "mom" comes to visit......my house has to be spotless. I think I'll start now!!

Have a great day!
Robin
Old 04-16-2003, 08:35 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Well, Robin, it was my anniversary for 13 years. I should have said First marriage! I was not a virgin for the second one - nor did I fake it with a white dress!
Old 04-16-2003, 08:52 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

<removes foot from mouth> I hope you have a good day anyway lol

(this is what happens when I dont drink my coffee before posting!!)
Old 04-16-2003, 10:21 AM   #7  

Ruth, thanks for keeping the freezing rain over here! And I have one of those "anniversaries" too--May 6th. Prefer to forget about it really....

Well, now that the freezing rain is here and did I mention it is HAILING outside? Sigh.....The well man was supposed to come and clean out my well and this is the second time we've had to cancel due to weather. We're shooting for next Tuesday.

Just did a bunch of groceries and dropped M off at school and now I have to get off my butt and put everything away and finish up the laundry I started yesterday.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-16-2003, 03:06 PM   #8  
Old Cackler

Default happy passover!!!

to all of you who are celebrating the holiday!

just a quick flyby right now...
Old 04-16-2003, 03:22 PM   #9  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Thanks jiff! 25 for dinner, just finishing up some things and then busy for the rest of the night.

to KFS who I know is lurking , new to atkins and doing well! She is my friend and gym partner.
-L
Old 04-16-2003, 03:26 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Hey, KFS - come out of lurkdom!

We have Pooky's freezing rain now - well, I must admit, it is snow. At least the ground is white again and the temp is 0ºC!
This is getting old!
Old 04-16-2003, 03:40 PM   #11  

A quick hello to all-
The girls are off on Spring Break this week, so we are busy-busy! I am eating everything in site, and not seeming to care. I am feeling fat and tired and irritable-normal for me!
I need to get back on Induction and stick to this once and for all!

Hope everyone is doing well--
Miss D
Old 04-16-2003, 05:05 PM   #12  

Howdy all! I'm back from my self-imposed exile. I've been suffering a nervous breakdown/mid life crisis combo. (Actually, I'm just acting like an idiot, DH is the one suffering thru it). Long story: short version is that I've been off plan for 2- 1/2 weeks and missing from the boards. I've spent that time contemplating the meaning of life and trying to solve all the world's problems with snicker's bars and alternative music. (Didn't work) In the end, I haven't figured anything out, except that Snicker's isn't the best breakfast food and I still don't know what half the alternative songs are about. I also went and chopped off all of my hair. Okay, not ALL of it, but about 6 inches.
Anyway, my early mid-life crisis is over, and I need to get back on plan. Would you believe I didn't gain anything during the snicker-a-thon? Hopefully that will trick my body when I go back on induction tomorrow, and I'll loose some major poundage.
I've got to go re-set all of my radio pre-sets back to country and easy listening now....I will check back in though.
Old 04-16-2003, 05:39 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Why are men so stupid???????? My bf, whose brain is normally in gear, has apparently fallen and bumped his head! I am supposed to find us a hotel room in Charleston on this coming Friday night. It is spring break, the Friday before Easter, and only 2 days notice. Am I the only one saying it's not gonna happen?? Okay, now I can breathe. Sorry

Dyan, at least you didn't search the bottoms of bottles of alcohol, the way I did a few years ago. Didn't find anything there but a headache. Glad you're back on board and I know you're going to bounce back!

Everyone else, have a wonderful night, I'm off to find dinner and a hotel room, hopefully!
Old 04-16-2003, 06:05 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Hi All,

Since L has "outted" me guess I'll have to stop lurking and start contributing .

Sometimes I think I've tried every diet out there, at least once (or twice if I forgot which one it was)! I started Atkins three weeks ago and so far am loving it. I'm losing weight and finding it pretty easy to stay OP with. Meals out or meals in a rush are definitely the hardest but I'm getting there. Got a long way to go but got to start somewhere.

L keeps me motivated to get to the gym (or maybe it's the promise of coffee afterwards, even if it is decaf)

I'm loving following some of the discussion but didn't want to "leap before I looked" and post questions everyone has already heard/answered a million times

Now that I've started you probably won't be able to shut me up

Kim

308SW/289CW/150GW
Old 04-16-2003, 08:17 PM   #15  

I can't believe I just posted a big reply--and lost it--YIKES!!!!!!!!!
Dyan-we must have been doing the same thing the past couple of weeks--I too have been in a funk--and am ready to emerge. I am going to Re-induct myself Monday though--the Holiday is this weekend, so I will have better luck waiting until it is over!

Sherrie--I am sooooo soooorrry I missed what is happening with the BF--Is this the the old fiance---or a new BF???? Please let me know--I have been trying to keep up with the post lately-but obviously I have missed some things-- do you mind letting me in on this one??

Kim--Welcome--and ask away--usually someone has some kind of answers-right or wrong--LOL

Well, night ladies!!
Miss D