Old 04-11-2003, 07:10 AM   #1  

Default Greetings from Tokyo, Japan!!

Hello!!

I am new to this forum and to low-carb lifestyle. I started yesterday. Am a lil nervous about being able to eat so much meat, butter & cheese but I will give it a try! (seeing is after all believing!) I was never a meat person and have always loved fruit, veg & bread, so this is quite a challenge!!!Plus living in Japan, it`s pretty difficult to find non/low-carbo stuff.

During the "induction" period, is it OK to eat grapefruit and tofu? how about diet soda?

Thanks in advance for your support!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2003, 09:00 AM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Welcome Peko-Chan

during induction you cannot have grapefruit. Tofu, Im not sure of the carb or sugar content. You would have to read the label....or use fitday.com to get the carb and sugar counts. Diet soda isnt recommended. The artificial sugar will trigger sugar cravings, and often stall any weightloss.

Good Luck to you!! Join us on the daily so we can get to know you

Robin
Old 04-11-2003, 09:26 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

welcome, peko!!! can't wait to read about all your adventures in japan...
Old 04-11-2003, 09:45 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome, Peko. You have found the right forum for low carb support and answers to questions.
Which low carb plan are you following? The "Atkins" rules do not apply to all the LC plans.
Old 04-12-2003, 08:51 AM   #5  

Welcome to the forum! Please join us on the daily thread so we can get to know you better!
Old 04-12-2003, 09:58 PM   #6  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Welcome Peko. we had a gal from over there a while back but last we heard there was a monsoon (quite a while ago) and ahve not heard from her since. I believe she was on the airfoce base there. Kiri I think. I wonder where she went. But I know it sure was difficult to try to work her meals over there. It will be a bit harder there as rice is such a staple of the diet and the sauses usually have starch in them, but if you work hard at leaving the rice behind, and using the seasonings but not the starch (thinner liquids) then you should do just fine. after a while you will not even miss the rice!!

Join us on the daily. We know you will be ahead of us or behind which ever you do. as far as time posting but we all read the last posts or the first ones. So do not worry about the time difference. we had a gal from south africa for a while (she went of vacation and we have not heard from her since) But she always started our posts. It was fun hearing from a different perspective!!!
Old 04-13-2003, 10:17 PM   #7  

Hello!!!

It`s Monday morning in Tokyo now! Ohaiyo-gozaimasu (that is Japanese for good morning) Tokyo is at least 13 hours ahead of North America

Ruthxxx, to answer your question, I am on the Atkins plan. Do the other low-carb plans have induction period as well? Which one are you on?

I would love to know the different plans that you guys are on..and the results...

Gosh, I feel bad now coz since I started on Thursday I have been drinking 500ml of diet coke each day! OK I will stop.

I have one curious question -- do all low-carb plans allow high fat? is there a low-carb low-fat plan (arggh!!! sound like the ultimate torture!)

You guys are so friendly and so much fun!!! I am so glad I am in this forum

If you want to know anything else abt me -- just ask!!!!!

Hope everyone is well!
Old 04-14-2003, 07:17 AM   #8  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Ohaiyo-gozaimasu Back to you but I bet it is night there now!!!

most allow fat but there are some that balance things out much more as exactly how much fat and how many carbs and how much protein you can eat in each meal including snacks. I think that would be too hard to figure out as i need to just shove food in the face and run!!! although many do it and do wonderful. the Carb addicts diet can be low fat and low carb for those that really need the feeling like low fat. BUT NOT ME!!!! do not kill me with too many restrictions.

Start first now with slowly cutting out the diet coke. You will have a carb withdrawll headache you do not need a caffiene withdrawll too!!!