Old 04-09-2003, 04:14 PM   #1  

Default A quick Question

I just had a quick question about my food choices, i am trying to go low-carb, on a loose atkins basis, but still trying to stay under 20 carbs a day.

I was at a resturaunt and the waiter noticed i was low-carbing by my ordering of a bacon-burger without a bun, and he said when he did the "low-carb thing" hot wings saved his life. But i always thought that the type of sauce most places use has carbs, can anyone back-up what my waiter said?

Also i use fitday.com to track carbs and when trying to find out if typical chicken fingers(tenders) had carbs i couldn't really tell for sure. It said a half-pound of tenders was only like 3 carbs, can anyone tell me if this is right, i always thought that the stuff they are breaded/floured in was loaded with carbs.

If anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 04-09-2003, 04:22 PM   #2  

The hot wings I buy are not breaded and fried. It is a hot sauce on the wings and would have veryf ew carbs because one wing would only have about 2 tsp. of sauce if one could measure it. Thus the carb count would be low even if there were a sweetener in the sauce. It really all depends on how strict you want to go. When I did induction I didn't eat anything that wasn't a pure protein. But if you are loosely doing Atkins as you say than I would think hot wings would be ok.
Old 04-09-2003, 04:29 PM   #3  

Good question Meatball_sub. I had heard the same thing you did.
Thanks for the info Wishing.
chelly
Old 04-09-2003, 06:31 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

just a fly by... chicken tenders, as far as i know, are that little part of the chicken breast. they don't have a whole lot of carbs. BUT, when they're breaded and fried... ahhhhh. alas. the carbs 'magically' appear...
Old 04-12-2003, 01:10 AM   #5  
Doing This For My Future!

Jiffypop is right. The chicken tenders are what they make "chicken fingers" out of, and when breaded and fried, and served at fast food restaurants, or cooked at home out of a package they are high in carbs. If you bought them at a fast food restaurant and want to know the carb count, almost every FF restaurant has a website with a nutritional menu, and you can get the carb count off of there. Hope that helps!