Old 04-03-2003, 08:55 AM   #1  

Default Thursday chat

Hello!

Well, are the days mixed up on the board--or is it just me?? Oh-well, I started a new thread for the day!
Well the hypmotisit was a fluke--or maybe I just would not let yself fall into it. We stayed for the first 90 minutes, and when he was ready for a break , and for us to buy some audio tapes-we jetted. The deal is that he he wanted us to buy the "clinics" audio tapes for 60.00 to keep our "therapy" going. Well, I was not willing to shell out the extra money

So back to the real world for me!!!
Dyan--Shoot--I think I will be outta town the weekend you come through--actually out of state-to Indiana to be exact. I can't even sit up on the Interstate and wave at you--Darn!!

Well, I will see if this thread flies today or not--have a wonderful day all!!

Miss D
Old 04-03-2003, 09:46 AM   #2  
Big Loser

Good morning!!

I am very cranky and need to snap put of it!!!

Another nice day in TN - hopefully it will hang on thru the weekend. Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 04-03-2003, 09:50 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning
Old 04-03-2003, 10:51 AM   #4  
Hang In There

Hi All
Old 04-03-2003, 11:05 AM   #5  
Slimwithin

Gosh, is this ever early for me. I was just checking Ruth's last e-mail to make sure what day they're coming for dinner. Lucky for me it's tomorrow because today I have my women's club meeting and at the last minute I remembered it's a pot luck luncheon and I was supposed to bring a dish indicating my ethnic roots. Luckily I had some home made spaghetti sauce in the freeezer so I made a pasta casserole to bring. Whew! My house needs a good Swiffering too.
Then I have a family dinner to prepare on Sunday for aunt's 89th birthday. Ravioli, fried chicken, salads, birthday cake, etc. Lots to do and not enough time to do it. Of course it doesn't help that I keep getting drawn back to CNN.
Have a lovely day, Chickies.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:42 AM   #6  

Good Morning everyone

Anyone have some salve for a beaten up heart? I can't get into all the details but I feel like I have gone through the emotional wringer recently and I need to shake this awful feeling and get on with my life. I am taking a few days to myself and hopefuly I can get back on track and feeling good about my life. eating wise, I am OK, just emotional wise.

I slept for 10 hours today, something I rarely do but I have the chance to do so since my daughter and the dog are with my grandma. Well, actually, just my daughter is with my grandma, the dog right now is at the vet getting spayed. Poor thing, I know she will be OK but she's going to be really owie for the next couple of days.

Lots of work to do at home today and tomorrow since my Mom is coming with her dogs on the weekend. We are cleaning some stuff out and they are helping us move it to the dump. It will be nice to get rid of all the junk just lying around.

I hope you all have a great day!
Old 04-03-2003, 12:10 PM   #7  
Big Loser

Pooky - bless your heart - what is wrong???
Old 04-03-2003, 12:36 PM   #8  

I see lots of quick check-ins today--but nobody is staying around to chat--oh-well, maybe the weather is so beautiful that everyone is out taking a walk!

Pooky--Girlfriend, you know we are here-whatever it is feel free to spill, I have told you chicks more about my problems than anyone else, so you can do the same!! Spill! When you are ready....you know we are here.
How about your mom coming to your home this weekend?? Is this the same woman you do not get along with?

I just had Burger King--french fries and all I can't control myself....

later all!!

Miss D
Old 04-03-2003, 01:51 PM   #9  
she who must be obeyed

Just a quick hello!!

Pooky a hug for you.

Ruth I hope you are enjoying your trip.

Love this time of year........hate this yellow stuff called pollen.....do we have a throw-up smiley, somehow I don't think so
Old 04-03-2003, 06:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Pooky, I have been spilling more here than I would even tell my therapist, so feel free! (((Hugs))) cause I know you need one.

It was a hectic day at work, but I got my bonus they've been promising since last January, so I am happy. Now I can get my car worked on (transmission, I just bought the damn thing!) I think I need to join the complaint club.

Emotionally I am doing just wonderful, thanks for worrying everyone, but it's working itself out the way God intends for it to, that's all I can ask for.

Have a great night!
Old 04-03-2003, 07:28 PM   #11  

OK, I'll spill:

Tuesday night the board met over our Managing Director's leave of absence. The MD had to give a presentation to the board discussing her fitness in returning to her job. It was not something we wanted to do for several reasons: first because she took her leave due to her mother dying and eventual death, second because we were brow beaten by the management team (the MD's underlings) to get rid of her, and three because we were about to go into a bargaining session with our union. At the end of the meeting, we were forced to accept her resignation even though she did not want to leave and we as the board felt that she was perfectly capable of doing her job (although there were some problems but hey, they could have been straightened out). We were forced into this by the 7 members of the managment team, either she went or they went. What a predicament! We listened to the reasons why they felt that way about the MD. The board members felt that this was strictly a personality issue, nothing more. They behaved like a group of pirhannas, circling in for the kill and bullying the board to get what they wanted. I felt so ashamed to be a board member, we had let this woman down, a woman who in reality, despite what was being said about her, brought so much to this organization! I raised my hand and voted to accept her resignation. This meeting lasted from 7pm to midnight and at the end of it all, I walked into my house and bawled my eyes out and the only way I could sleep was to crawl into bed with my daughter and curl up together. This is a child care agency for crying out loud! I felt so terrible about what was to come that i offered to help this woman clean out her desk and assist her (I can do that since I am the VP) but mostly I just wanted to have a coffee with her and tell her how sorry I am. What else can I do? I am ashamed of myself for what has happened but I really did try to fight but in the end there was just nothing left for us to do.....
Old 04-03-2003, 07:45 PM   #12  

Oh Pooky - I'm so sorry. What a horrible position the management team put you in: between a rock and a hard place! Sounds like you did what you had to do but it doesn't make it 'ok', huh? I'm sure this woman will readily accept your offer of help and coffee - and it might make you feel a bit better to talk to her, human to human.

Chin up, sweetie - you are a good person with a hard job to do. Hang in there!

Kel
Old 04-03-2003, 07:51 PM   #13  
Big Loser

That just sucks Pooky - I am in HR and have had to many times "convince" people to quit - it is never fun. Especially if you don't believe in what you are doing....Hugs to you, I am thinking of you!
Old 04-03-2003, 08:14 PM   #14  
Slimwithin

Pooky, if you really believe she'd be a worthy employee, why don't you keep her in mind when you start your own company..or is that no longer in the works?
I'm afraid I have no idea what kind of board you're on and why it's so traumatic for you being there. It's unpaid isn't it? Why let it get to you so?
By the way, Chicks, the Big Bird has landed. I just had a nice chat with Ruth from her hotel. They've been enjoying the west coast bloomage and will do more sightseeing tomorrow before heading out to my place for dinner and a good yack. She said to say hi to you all.
I totally porked out at my pot luck lunch today. Oh my, such a mixture of ethnic dishes from perogies to blini and risotto and I had to try them all...plus dessert. My poor tummy is going through culture shock. Not proud of myself but it sure was good.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:56 PM   #15  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Pooky,
So sorry it ended this way. DO tell her how you feel. She probobly feels bad too.
-L