Old 03-26-2003, 04:46 AM   #1  
Ready!!!

Default Daily chat,Hump day,mar.26/03

Morning all, it is 5:29 am, +1, and time to go to work.
WELCOME TO THE NEW CHICKS, [I hit cap lock]I had a good five days on induction if you don't count Momday night when I ate a lot of pizza, or last night when I ate some of the grandsons chips,.
It was a lovely day in N.S. yesterday. I spent most of it on the Comp. shame on me.
Chicks I am drinking my coffee 2-1 mix and I like it. Two of decaff, one reg.
Well all for now as it is time to really get ready,
Love you all,
Help yourself to some "good for me" pie.
Tazcat
[for you "Willbe"]
ROTFLOLPIMP=rolling on the floor, laughing out loud, peeing in my pants.
BTW=by the way
BIL=brother in law
GFY=good for you [Stacey]
WTG=way to go
WOE=way of eating
OWL=on going weight loss

Come on chicks, put some more down.

I know I have a weight loss, TOPS is cancelled for tonight.
Taz
Group Hugggggg

Last edited by tazcat; 03-26-2003 at 04:48 AM.
Old 03-26-2003, 06:58 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Taz,
Hello to the new chicks and good day to all my chickie friends!
TOM is here (time of month) and I want to hit my DH
Off to the gym and coffee with the girls and maybe a trip to Target to get some new t shirts.
Taking the kids to the climbing wall Galyands, they love it!
Have a good day girls and taz, when do you see spring?
-L
Old 03-26-2003, 07:24 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Chicklets Taz and L144 and all to come. I love the self-hugging Smilie, Taz - we need to do more of that. L144S, so the kids climb the walls instead of making you climb the walls! I love it!

Had a really nice lunch with Joan and my BIL yesterday. We did not go to the city but to a country inn just a half hour away. I did have one drink but followed it with a chicken Caesar salad which takes ages to eat so I'm not tempted to snitch a chip from someone's plate. I think I've already eaten my lifetime allotment of fries anyhow.

Booked our hotels for the trip out west on the Internet and have decided it does NOT save time! I should have just called the 800 numbers. This morning I need to change one to an oceanside view and will probably try to do it by phone. Wish me luck.

I am back to piano lessons this morning after a whole year of no lessons. The broken arm and then the wrist operations really set me back. I hate to admit it but the left hand is still giving me grief. Of course scraping walls has not helped!

No big flood, thank heavens, although the snow is definitely disappearing. We had a minor lake in the dog garden yesterday whick Hershey went and lay down in! I think she thought it was her swimming pool! I am hoping it will all dry up the week we are away. (By the way, Chickies, don't plan any wild coop parties with Raoul and Sven because I'll be checking in from LindaBC's and MAE's computers!)

Have to get some stuff done before I take off for music - like see if I can remember the names of the keys!

Hump on!
Old 03-26-2003, 07:33 AM   #4  
workin' my way back down

Morning Chickies..... who's got the coffee? Strong, hot and Unleaded please!!

Today is a "short" day - 1/2 day of work in the office, then a chiro appointment, then back here to do more taxes.......... <sigh> I sure will be glad when tax season is over, even tho I've done less this year than in any previous year (simply because now that I'm doing sono I no longer look for new tax clients!!) - but doing 2 totally different jobs is tiring...... also I REALLY REALLY REALLY need a new computer, and in the past I have learned the very hard way to NEVER get a new computer during tax season! So, hopefully by May I will be able to get a new one (that is, if I have paid off the digital handicam that I got shortly in November!!)

Taz, I can't even begin to imagine (nor do I WANT to!!) having that much snow... I am most definitely NOT a winter person!

L - enjoy your trip to Target. While you're there, do some looking around for me, too! I love that store!

Couple more "definitions" for Willbe...

SIL - either son-in-law or sister-in-law
DIL - daughter-in-law
OMG - oh my g-d or oh my gosh
ROFLMAO - rolling on the floor laughing my @$$ off

that's all I can think of for now........ haven't had my coffee yet!

Will get back to you all later........
oops Ruthie, you snuck in on me! good morning to you too!
Old 03-26-2003, 07:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

I'm glad someone asked about abbreviations, for the longest time I always wondered who Tom was and why everyone hated him! I am NOT computer savvy, can you tell?

Well, the diet is still going well, drinking black coffee is a new one for me, usually full of splenda. I kind of like it this way. The clothes are not looser, but it's all hormonal and I blame it on STUPID Dr. S. He and I are going to duel the next time I see him, I swear. I have also checked a couple of other practices nearby, but no luck, 6 to 8 months for an appt. What is the deal? I am in the wrong line of work!

Hope you all have a great day, talk to you later.
Old 03-26-2003, 07:43 AM   #6  

Morning Chickies!

All is well here, just running around like crazy, trying to get the normal daily stuff done, pack for our Tennessee/Florida trip, and clean the house. I would hate coming home from vacation to a messy house. SHDH is not a bit of help

Wishing every a happy op day!
Old 03-26-2003, 08:33 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Talking Good Morning Ladies

We had an interesting customer in the store yesterday.....sat with hubby for about 3 hours designing his bumper stickers for his new web site. Nice fella, but treated me like the hired help Once I got over that, and made the bugger his coffee he wanted I was fine. Just had to remember how much money he was spending in the store

Been op and feeling very good. I can detect when Ive had too much sugar/carbs in one sitting. A headache erupts, and if I stay away from it, Im fine. Ive been putting peaches in my cottage cheese the last few mornings, and within an hour Ive got a headache. I think its time to switch to strawberries again.

Ive lost 7 of the 8 lbs I put on during my 3 week binge. One more to go before I get back to Onederland! Even though I had gained a bit, all of a sudden ppl are noticing how much weight Ive lost. Shedding the big bulky sweaters and coats seem to make a difference Feels good when ppl notice, keeps you motivated!

Thats it for my small corner of the world I hope everyone has a great day

Robin
Old 03-26-2003, 08:52 AM   #8  

Roller coaster ride for the wight for me these days, 2 days ago I was down to 201 and this morning I'm up to 203--what gives!?!

Taz, I love your self-hugger, how cute is that!?

L, better to take the kids to the climbing walls than for you to climb the walls!

Ruth, dh and I take a 2 pronged approach to booking over the interent. We usually research it on the internet, then call in for specific information and then book it online. Usually you can get a discount just from booking online!

Sono, I don't envy you with the paperwork you have to do--my aunt is in the same boat. She's usually a school secretary but during tax season she's a preparer and really can barely keep her head above water. She justifies it by saying it's really only 2 months and she can deal with it.

Oh Jenny ((HUGS)), I swear men don't understand about the cleaning thing! My hubby can't get it through his head that if we are gone longer than 24 hours then the garbage MUST go out!

Robin, sounds like you had one doozy of a customer--takes all kinds to make a world, doesn't it?

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 03-26-2003, 10:51 AM   #9  

Morning Ladies!

Well, this morning I have really been eating the carbs!! I need to go to the store and load up cause I am doing some serious damage to myself.
Hubby and I had a long talk last nigh and I am staying put.....for awhile anyway. We still don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, but we never did so that can't very well change now can it?? How come when we were not talking these last 3 days I was able to stay on-plan--now this morning I have myself out of house and home (peanut butter on crackers, little debbie brownie, golden graham ceral)

IMOHO--In my own humble opinion
That is about the only one I can add! I did not know about ROFLOLPIMP was--thanks for letting me in!

Jenny--have fun on your trip--I'm with you on the house thing..I gotta go get busy now!

My mom took a pix of me to put on here--but I don't know how to get it here--any suggestions? We saved it to a disk if that helps.

Well, I gotta go get Tori--have a great day everyone!!
Mis
Old 03-26-2003, 12:46 PM   #10  

Morning ladies!

I've been AWOL since Friday, I can't seem to get myself together and back OP. I've been having awful headaches that I've certain are half pollen related and half carb related. I'm going out to sit in the sun during lunch, hopefully that will change my mood. I brought Dr. A's new book to read. I'll check in later.
Old 03-26-2003, 05:34 PM   #11  
Slimwithin

Dyan - I glanced through the new Atkins book at the grocery store today but it seems to me to be a rehash of his other books only slanted more towards maintenance. The menu plans and recipes are all quite high in carbs. Well, I've got a long way to go before I'm at that stage so I guess I won't buy it at this time.
Miss D I wish I could help you with the picture thingy, but I haven't a clue myself. If I did, I just might get brave and post one of me and dh. I'm glad you are still trying to work things out with your hubby. Not talking never solved anything. In our earlier married years (we're getting close to 39 now), silence was my dh's way of dealing with his feelings. If he was ticked off at me he shut right down. Well, he's never been much of a yacker to begin with so sometimes it would be several days before I'd realize he wasn't talking to me anymore. Then, for a while I'd enjoy him not bossing me about and ordering me to get him his dessert (yeah he does that all the time..like "Where's my dessert?") GAAAAHHHH!!! Then, the silence would get to me and I'd start asking him why he was mad and he'd just mutter "I'm not made" and stalk off. Sheesh. I finally realized that the more I begged him to talk to me the more obnoxious he got so I stopped trying. He would eventually come around... usually when he wanted some loving. He couldn't understand that I'd refuse him if he hadn't been civil to me....like what's that got to do with a roll in the hay?? MEN!! As if I'm going to be all lovey-dovey with someone who's treating me like a doorknob.
Hello, to everybody else. This will be way too long if I yammer at length to all of you.
I went to the pool this morning and then stopped off at the grocery store. Not impressed with my WI (weigh in) this morning but then I realized that I'd overindulged on pork rinds yesterday. I tried them drizzled with a bit of melted butter and then sprinkled them with a mixture of Splenda and cinnamon. Totally adictive and I really can't take that much salt. Too bad they don't make pork rinds without any salt so we could season them ourselves. I also made Parmesan Crusted Turkey Tenders for my dinner yesterday and they turned out quite salty too.
I've been drinking lots of water to try to flush out the salt. Now, I have to go to the accountants office and pick up our finished income taxes for our company and ourselves. Good thing the company lost money and we both get refunds on our personal taxes.
Well, that's all for now, chicks. Catch you later.