Old 03-03-2003, 10:54 AM   #1  
One day at a time..

Angry The Go Diet...

Has anyone tried the Go Diet and what kind of success or failure did you have with it. It looks very interesting and I am thinking of trying it.

Thanks,Venetia
Old 03-03-2003, 12:33 PM   #2  

Never heard of it, but I'm always looking at new options.
Old 03-06-2003, 03:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Height: 5'1"

Hi there,
I've been doing GO Diet since the end of January. I've been LCing since Jan of last year but I've been on a couple of plans. I did GO for a while last year but wanted to experment with CALP (which I loved but I couldn't handle the carb cravings I got at the reward meal ) So I can tell you a little of my experiences (but for the technical info, buying the book is best).

I originally started GO because they encourage yogurt, kefir, buttermilk, and other dairy as well as healthy monosaturated fats and fiber. I'm a big dairy person . Also, I liked that it allows 50 carbs per day max which was a great change from Atkins. The first time around I did pretty well (can't say about weight loss numbers because I learned a long time ago that my body and the scale do not cooperate so I take measurements mostly). However, now that I'm back on it after a few months of carb blow-out, it's going fabulous! My carb cravings are completely cut (let's just say I was able to avoid eating chocolate chip cookies one of my classmates at grad school passed around without feeling deprived - I was also able to eat one girl scout cookie last night in class without feeling like I wanted to eat the whole box ) The carb max is more than enough and I love the full-fat yogurt. Again, can't give you numbers on the scale but the last time I measured myself (about 1 1/2 months into the diet) I'd lost 2 1/2 inches from the waist and I'm for certain that i've lost more (gotta get out that measuring tape...)

Sorry that's so long but you could also look at Yahoo!groups because they have a GO diet forum which could give you a little more feedback if you're still interested.

Hope that helps.

Tam
Old 03-06-2003, 07:20 PM   #4  
One day at a time..

Angry Go Diet..

Hello Tammy,

Thank you so much for posting your info on the diet. I am waiting for the book in the library. I have bought every Low Carb book except this one and can't find it.The Library is looking for me out of our county. If they can't find it I guess i will have to buy it.

I know what you mean about the Dairy and I agree. I feel it surely can't hurt. My DH will have a fit if I buy another Low Carb book but so what...He will get over it.

Thanks again,
Venetia