Old 02-18-2003, 01:06 PM   #1  

Default How frusterating! I'm stuck!

Well here I am stuck at 224.5 ponds. Whats wrong with my dumb body anyway. I lose two pounds then wait two weeeks and lose again. Mercy this is so slow but I'm going to keep trudging on. I have not had one bite off of this diet in 6 weks. I am now on week 7. So I know the lack of fast loss is not because I'm cheating. I just want to get this weight off. Whenever the loss slows down I start thinking it's time to quit and find a better way and then I have to remind myself that the "better way " is what got me into all this trouble. So I trudg onward. All I can do is hope this really works!!! Cause I have no options left!
Old 02-18-2003, 01:28 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Um....how long did it take to gain it? We didn't gain it all at once - it was up and down - and it goes off the same way.

Be proud of what you have done - the rest will come off.
Old 02-18-2003, 02:35 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

double ummmm. darlin... you've lost 14 pounds in less than 2 months!!!! sounds like you're doing something right here!!!!
Old 02-18-2003, 02:58 PM   #4  
CatGal

Wishing you are doing great! I am still flirting with 10 lost and I have been on the same amount of time as you! Hang in there!
G
Old 02-18-2003, 03:16 PM   #5  

I have you both beat...I have only lost 6 pounds so far. I completely understand your frustration. I am going to try increasing my fats (sort of like a modified fat fast but not that extreme yet) where I eat off the fat fast menu for most of the day but eat a somewhat normal dinner (meat & veggies). It worked for someone else that was losing slow. If after a week I don't see a loss then I might give the regular fat fast a try. I think I qualify as a slow loser I am not giving up either, just a little frustrated.
Old 02-18-2003, 03:29 PM   #6  
CatGal

At least we are not alone in our slow losing!
G
Old 02-18-2003, 04:03 PM   #7  

You women never fail to cheer me up. Ya know when ya look at from the standpoint of losing 14 pounds in six weeks it looks good. But that vision gets lost when you step on the scsle everymorning and have morning after morning where nothing moves. I guess thats why weighing every day isn't a good thing. And Gina Marie, I have been following you and read your posts. I was aware you had started when I did so I was particularly keen on following you. I read inthe Atkins book of a lady who lost 129 pounds to her goal but it took her two years.Thats an average of 5 pounds a month. Now when you look at it like that it's easy to see the race belongs to he who perserverse! Some day we will all be a goal and what a party we will have!
Old 02-18-2003, 04:10 PM   #8  
CatGal

You got it Wishing! We will get through this! Keep at it, it will be fine!
G
Old 02-20-2003, 10:24 AM   #9  

Lightbulb

Are you losing in inches? I started excercising last time I was on Atkins and the scale was hardly moving but I was looking more sleek and my clothes were getting looser. Maybe measure? Some muscle might have snuck in there!!!
Old 02-21-2003, 02:05 PM   #10  

Wishing - Put that darn scale away!!! Weighing everyday is slow torture and will sabatoge your motivation. Also, measure. I have only lost 6 pounds since 1/6 but I have lost over 8 inches since 1/27, so I can show in other ways. Keep posting your menus too, sometimes others can see something that could be effecting you that you may not realize.
Old 02-22-2003, 01:08 PM   #11  

Default Not Loosing

I am in the same boat with everyone. I began on 1/6/03 and lost 20 pounds by 2/6/03. Since that date I have not lost another pound and have not changed my way of eating. I am very greatful for what I have lost. My thinking is that I am frustrated but not defeated. I just wish I could see that my efforts were paying off consistantly.

Thanks for letting me vent!
Old 02-22-2003, 04:48 PM   #12  
Slimwithin

Even pu tting the scale away doesn't work for me. It just builds the anticipation in me until I get on it for my weekly WI only to be disappointed yet again.
Old 02-22-2003, 05:43 PM   #13  

I think the scale is as addictive as nicotine.
Wishing, you should picture those pounds as pounds of margarine. You could almost fill a shopping cart! Good job!

Ellie, are you also exercising? That's great that you've lost so many inches!