Old 01-31-2003, 09:30 AM   #1  

Exclamation Help Me Chickies!!

Jeepers, Creepers!! I've been LC since Jan 1st and doing so well. Then last night after the evening shift I get home to my daughter's fresh baked chocolate cookies. I was a bit pre menstrual (just started the BC pill for absent period) well, blah blah....I ate four of them with milk. I feel awful, physically and emotionally. This is the first time I cheated and I'm afraid now that I may do it again. I think I need some moral support!!! If I feel too guilty I may just get into a rut and I don't want to do that! What do you girls do when:

1 tempted

2 premenstual

3 you've cheated

Thanks in advance

Jenni
Old 01-31-2003, 10:06 AM   #2  

"The failure isn't in the falling down, it's in the staying down."

That's one of my favorite quotes. (Mary Pickford, I think) I fall off the wagon frequently, and it's hard to get back up, but you can.

When I'm tempted I try to find another subsitute for the food I'm being tempted with. For example today at 2pm we have the monthly "anniversary" cake at work. I'll either stay out of the kitchen or get a substitute like sf jello.

When I've cheated, I come to the boards and confess my sins, the chicks put things in perspective and I try to get right back on the plan.

As for when I'm PMSing, well everyone just stays out of my way, and I make sure I have plenty of LC chocolate. It may make me stall, but LC choc is still better than non-LC choc.

Good luck in getting back OP. You've done great in lasting 30 days without cheating. 1 slipup won't matter in the grand scheme of things.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:14 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

Default it's not all over!!!!

jenni.. all is not lost. one slip does not screw up a diet completely. honest!!!

JUST DON''T DO IT TODAY!!! gotta tell you, though, warm, homemade chocolate chip cookies are my downfall. only 4? i'm proud of you.

they were definitely worth the calories and carbs, weren't they? so chalk it up to an enjoyable treat, and get right back on focus.

your atkins efforts aren't ruined. you're not a bad person.
Old 01-31-2003, 05:59 PM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

this is not a diet!! this is a life style change and there will be times that you will eat cake and cokkies just dust your self off immediatly and get back OP just watch that it does not happen regularly, meany people schedule a day off weekly (too much temptation for me) and some monthly (still too much for me) but when you are PMS there is not much to hold off the cravings chromium and l-caritine usually will help but PMS is mightly powerful. what you need to use is drink a glass of water if then after 30 min you still want that cookie or chocoalte then wait another 30 min then if that is still there take only one. you are not here to denly your self totally but if you really want it that badly then do not denly your self. because the4n what will happen is that you can not stop at one only you end up eating the whole batch uncontrolled!!! so have a controled snack!!! one!!! (i think you will find that this happend near TOM and then after the first few days you will breeze through it)
Old 02-01-2003, 12:27 PM   #5  

Thanks for the moral support. I thnk I've weathered the storm. I've stayed OP since then so that's good.
Thanks again!
Jenni