Old 01-17-2003, 12:10 AM   #1  

Angry First on Friday! Chick chat

Okay it's only 11pm here, but it's midnight on the east coast, and I'm never up early enough to start the daily. LOL

I just wanted to post that I lost another percent of body fat. Woohoo! That's 2 % total so far.
Old 01-17-2003, 04:19 AM   #2  
Ready!!!

Morning Dy and all the chicks to come.
Another cold one. It is 5:05am and -12. I must rap things up early today as DH is not going to work this morning , he is working an evening shift. That means I must get the car started myself i am going to get my hair trimed today in a style to let it all come down one length. Getting to old to let it grow long?

LindaBC- please weigh in today, we need some good news.

Deb- My thoughts are with you and your friends today. Praying for you all.

L-What is a tempered Top?

Well I think i will go and start a new weekly freestlye thread. It takes me so long to get on threads that are long posted.

Well Chicks old and new, Have a large sliced day.

Love, Tazcat
Old 01-17-2003, 06:48 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Large sliced? Is that a refernce to bread? We are cold here too, Taz. It is -33C with the wind chill.

Dyan, congrats on the % loss. It must be very encouraging.

Good news from the surgeon yesterday - I an healing well and can go back to using the wrist as normal. I'm still to use the splint for dog situations. He has met Lucy!

Well, I'm going to finish my backups and then disconnect this machine so I can take the processor/CPU/whatever to Kingston to get cloned into the new PC. My friend Rob will be around this afternoon to lug anything heavy and also give techie advice and assistance. It's a guy thing!

I hope to see you all later today. Right now two furry butts need to brave the cold for potty. Poor girls! I feel I should cook them a hot breakfast!

Hugs
Old 01-17-2003, 07:50 AM   #4  
she who must be obeyed

Good morning all, it's chilly, very chilly in the deep south. It is going to go down to 16 tonight...........let me tell you that is COLD for us!!!

I want to thank you all for your kind words yesterday. It was a very hard day. Valerie's children........just looking at them broke my heart. She raised two very strong kids and they will go. One of the hardest things was seeing Val's Mom, I just love her!! She requested that I visit Valerie's grave for her (she lives out of state.) I told her our other friend, Jenny and I would go drink coffee and talk to Valerie. She liked that idea.

I don't know how many of you have Kroger's in your area, but right now they are having a low-carber's dream sale on meat!! I stocked up the other day and I'm going back today. They have buy-one-get-one-free on chicken breasts, wings, legs, thighs, baking chickens. NY strip steak $3.99 a pound, eye round roast for $1.99 a pound. Just a great sale!!!

to everyone!

Debbie
Old 01-17-2003, 08:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!! All our Kroger's are closed down! Deb, could you pick me up say $100 worth and meet me 2 1/2 hours down the road?????? Pleeeeeeeeze?????????

It's promising to be a cold day here! They thought it was going to snow last night, but it just rained and it's getting down to 18 tonight! Wow, we haven't seen temps like that in a few years! I'm wearing a sweater to work, hope it's not unbearably hot in the office.

Off for another fun day. Ya'll have a good one!
Old 01-17-2003, 08:38 AM   #6  

Morning chicks, It was a fine -8 here in Mi this morning Burrrrrrrrrrrr. Funny thing is we don't have any snow to speak of? And no we don't want any

Yesterday i forced myself to get back on the treadmill, I stopped when i got board with it . I just have to start making myself do it!! I know it will make me feel better if i would just exercise & do it everyday like i used to.

Last 2 day's i have felt so tired & weak maybe the lack of sun shine? I want it to be spring time now, I told myself yesterday that from now on I will be showered & dressed no later then 9:00am & no later!

Have a great day everyone got to get showered it's almost 8:30

Chuckie
Old 01-17-2003, 09:24 AM   #7  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Morning guys!!!

Today is day 7 of induction and all is well I too have a Kroger here,it is AWSOME at meat prices all the time, and the cleanest meat room in our town I buy alot there!Hope you all have a great day!!
Old 01-17-2003, 09:25 AM   #8  

Morning all!

Here I am again obsessing over the scale (that doesn't even work anyway) and those Ketostix. I dipped a stick last night and it showed only low ketos 3 days ago I was a t a good moderate, so I jumped on the scales this morning and I know they don't work but they give me sorta an approximate, but today it was back up to what I started at--no matter how much I wiggled I couldn't get it to move down --Frustrated---YES!!

Just had my sausage and eggs for breakfast--did a mile on the treadmill last night--getting ready to do that again, even di like 50 crunches last night, pants are NOT getting looser--UHHGGG!!
Can you tell I'm in a mood today?? I'm not sure what my problem is, but am feeling pretty grumpy--I better sign off now!

mis
Old 01-17-2003, 09:27 AM   #9  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning,
I have been to the gym, but a quicky 30 min. on the bike, ( I hate the bike!) Home doing laundry and i need a shower. I am also hoping to sneak in a movie a little later.

A temperpedic topper for the bed is that memory foam, you have seen the comercials for the pillows I am sure. It is great! I saw a mattress with it and wanted it but the price was too hefty. i saw them at costco and figured if I hated it, I could cut it in half and give it to the boys. Well DH and I love it. and I found some really cheep ones at home goods yesterday for the kids. Now we can all sleep well.

Chuckie,
hang in there... a little exercise can do a world of good.
Ruth,
good news on the hand, I hope it is as good for the transfer on the puter.
Dyan,
good going!

For chickies to come and those I forgot, I am sorry, I have to go change the laundrey over.

-L
Old 01-17-2003, 09:55 AM   #10  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning everyone

Congratulations Dyan, your doing great!!!!

Mis...if your scale doesnt work, TOSS it!! Did you take your measurements? Have they come down at all? Dont let the scale and the stixs make you crazy. Keep at it, remember, a year from now your going to look maaaaavalous!!

Keeping myself motivated the last few days has been pretty easy. I went thru my closet last night and collected a rather large pile of clothes that are too big. They are ready for the sally ann. Even tried on some of the shorts I had bought 2 yrs ago, and have never worn. If I keep this up....by summer they will be too big Ive never liked shopping for summer clothes, maybe this year will be different.

Then I spent some time on ww and atkins sites reading all the success stories. I found my old picture taken back in '98, and stuck it on the fridge. Well, that picture kept me from having cheese for a snack last night! The picture was taken 8 months after my daughter was born, and I was well over 300lbs. I didnt have a face or a neck.....and my eyes just peeked out from under the fat! To say the least it worked, and the pic is staying put.

Have a great op day ladies, and keep up the good work!!!!!

Robin
Old 01-17-2003, 11:50 AM   #11  

Good Morning everyone!

A balmy -32 degrees celcius with wind chill as the HIGH today--oh yes, a polar bear's dream! (note the sarcasm?) Heard on the radio we are expecting -34 and more--ain't that just special?? Broke down and called the oil guys to fill up my tank--will come next week. It's been so cold this winter our wood stcok has been seriuosly depleted. And what does this mean? It means we are going to have one stinking hot summer, that's what! At least that's what they go by here--cold winter hot summer, mild winter, cool summer.

Enough of the weather chat--congrats on the loss dyan!

Robin! I know some folks who would dearly love to have those clothes rather than the Sally Ann--do you have a women's shelter? Some of the women come in with literally only the shirt on their backs, so I know they would truly appreciate any donation. Just a thought....

L, that mattress topper sounds like the perfect thing for me! I alwasy wake up so stiff in the mornings!

Mis! Do yourself a favor and throw out the ketostix! I have never used them and never will. The weight will come off if you follow your plan; obsessing over every single digit down or what shade of purple you are isn't going to make the weight come off faster. I know it is hard to do and yes, we are an anxiuos bunch to see the weight gone but trust me, after years of following the plan, you make peace with the fact that it will go and go in it's own time as long as you are true to what you are eating

Deb, that sounds like a wonderful idea I'm sure your friend would have liked it too

taz, think car starter. I hate to get out in the cold too and dh is usually my car starter but I so know what you mean about having to drag your butt out ther and freeze while your car coughs to life (if you're lucky it does! )

Off to pick up Miree at daycare, have a good one everyone!
Old 01-17-2003, 02:36 PM   #12  
Hang In There

Default Once Again!!!

Let me turn around so you can all see the bright red target on my back, Or maybe it's the big sing im my window saying "I've got a new Laptop, COME ON IN' well anyway as you can guess our house wad broken into again, and again my new laptop was stolen!!! I have an appointment with the alarm people tomorrow.

We are sure it's the same people as in October, because this time they spent some time here. They were thinking I'd replace my jewelery over Christmas. All they actually stole was my laptop and the DVD player. To show that they spent time, the DVD was hooked up and it was between the TiVo Box and the Cable box. The unhooked only the DVD and took it and left everything else.

The really sad part was that the demolished my bedroom, every draw was gone through and the content left on the floor. The closet was gone through and every box emptied (I used Avon boxes for extra storage, and had them lined up in the top or the closet!!! I also have a collection of antique purses that are (were) on a display shelf on the wall. They even went through them.

But the worst part was the fact that we thought we were so smart by putting a steel plate in the doorjam so it coudn't be broken into again, so this time they took a heavy object and shattered the glass in the back door. It was 2 sheets of extra heavy weight glass and it was complettle shattered!!! There was glass all over the den and kitchen, in the furniture, in the plants, on the bookcases, u name it , it had glass in it! It took me with my vacuum, Dh with a broom and Son with his vacuum almost all night to get it cleaned up enought so we could walk and sit without pain. ad it's going to take about a week to get the door replaced, so now we have to use the front door and have plywood nailed over the opening.

I have an appointment with an alarm company tomorrow.

Will someone tell God I'm stong enough? Thankyouverymuch!!!

Last edited by ageoldie; 01-17-2003 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-17-2003, 03:13 PM   #13  

Barb,

I have a gun, if you'd like me to send it to you. (Actually I'd have to drive it over, it's probably against the law to mail a gun). Of course that would only work if you were home when they broke in. (ever thought of getting a BIG dog?) Anyway I'm so angry that this keeps happening to you. An alarm company sounds like a good plan.
Old 01-17-2003, 04:10 PM   #14  
Slimwithin

Oh Barb! That's a real B***H!!! We were only broken into once and it was someone very close to us who did it. Somehow that made it even harder to bear than if it had been a total stranger. I know very well the feeling of being violated. You shouldn't have to be afraid to leave your house but that's the way life is in these modern times. Nothing is sacred. I'm just so angry on your behalf I could kick something.

Ruth, good news about your hand. Hope all goes well with the new computer. We'll all be anxiously awaiting your first post.

Mis, I agree you should toss out that wonky scale. If you must have one, get one that works. BTW, I find that the digital read-out scales are just as jiggly as the old fashioned kind. Best to find a drop in clinic that doesn't mind if you pop in once every week or two to weigh on their scale. As for ketostix...well, I use them and I guess I am almost obsessive about it. I generally test three times a day. I've learned that the colour will be darkest in the evening and often there will be zero colour in the mornings. All the colour proves though, is that your body is burning fat. It doesn't tell you if it's your own body fat that's being burnt or those pork chops you had for dinner. The main thing is not to give your body any carbs to store away as fat.

I finally got brave and stepped on my scales this morning...first time since Jan 1. All I've lost after 16 days of Induction is 5 lb..maybe not even that much because when I weighed myself on Jan 1 it was after lunch and I was fully dressed. Still, at least the scale didn't move UP. I was really hoping for more though, especially as I've even been going back to the pool three times a week. Maybe I'm regaining some muscle weight from all the pool exercises. Not giving up. Feeling so much better and blood glucose tests have been better too. One of these days it will all pay off, I'm sure.
Hope you're all having a lovely day. It is gorgeous here on the so-called Wet Coast. Sunny and mild...8 Celsius which is about 46 F. It's supposed to stay nice all weekend. Just a bit of frost in the mornings but I see the lawn is still growing and I have some bulbs peeping out. Spring is on the way, never fear.