South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 06:49 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Talking Friday Chick Chat - July 8.

Morning chicks sun is shinning and it is looking up to be a beautiful day....
I am off to put on the tea pot and I will be right back.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:17 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm feeling a bit flat this morning for some reason - maybe the gloomy weather? Another coffee will fix me up.

This morning I have a "few" things to do so had better move my fluffy butt. I need to make a big salad for a barbecue tonight. Yes, this will be the third one in less than a week! I know what Heather is serving which is a help but will definitely have to resist the birthday cake - one of our church family turns 85 and the party is for her. The woman who made the cake makes everything from scratch - no mixes for her! - and her cake is absolutely to die for so it'll be hard to ignore.

So what's happening around your beach towel?
Old 07-08-2005, 07:36 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

back got a little side tracked making breakfast for me and the kids. It is going to be one hot day here today. I think I will have to get all my stuff done so I can take the kids to the beach this afternoon before I head off to my other job tonight. But can't complain to much I have the rest of the week end off.

Ruth- hope you have fun at the barbecue, hope you can stay away from the cake.

Well I must go finish breakfast, put out the laundry and try to sort more pictures. I started last night trying to organise all my pictures from the beginning of our marriage til know. I love to take pictures but they never seemed to make into albums. I am kicking myself know. Have a great day chicks.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:07 AM   #4  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Good Morning! Today is my now 6yo's bday so when DH gets home we will be going out to eat. I haven't yet even tried to think of what mexican (ds' fav) food that I can eat while out.

A BBQ sounds great and remembering my aftermath of the brownie incident, I know I wouldn't be having cake LOL

UGH, I hate thinking of breakfast. I am not hungry and it makes me quesy just to think about eating in the morning. I think I'll take Schatzi's advice and see if I have the makings for the shake.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:10 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Little Chick, when you're finished organizing your photos, you can do mine.
Hot!? Hot!? oh, not again! It's lovely and cool here, but I know we're going to be hit with the heat again soon. Stay cool, sweetie!

Ruth, enjoy the bbq! Flat, eh? To quote your mother, "Have you ever thought about pulling yourself together and just getting on with things?" I'm sorry... I just love that quote.
I've got some little pills that would fix that. I may even have some pot left over from when Dad had cancer. On the other hand, you could just decide you're going to have a hunk of that cake later. That might perk you right up.
Sending you big hugs, sweetie... I hope you're feeling better soon.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:11 AM   #6  

fl_mom, I missed your post!
I hope your six-year old has a wonderful birthday!
Old 07-08-2005, 08:17 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Hey, Ellis, at the family BBQ the other night, a ten-year old showed me a plant he had found in the woods and guess what it was? Of course everyone had to know how I knew that! He dug it up, potted(!) it and is taking it home with him. He wants my 'brownie" recipe! To frassing funny!

To "get on with things" as my dear departed mother would say, I am going to get on the dreadmill right now and get it over with.

You happy now?
Old 07-08-2005, 08:22 AM   #8  

I'm happy for YOU, darling!
I love the potted plant story. I love you, too. xoxo
Old 07-08-2005, 08:31 AM   #9  

goood morning! I am sooo tired I want to go back to bed ASAP!
what is with this cold dreary wet morning??? didn't it say JULY on my calender?
Anyways..I got up this morning and worked out for 30 min...Now i am sitting at work...waiting for it to be 4

i am not weighing myself till sunday...but i think all of this weight lifting is paying off!!

hope you all have a great day!
Old 07-08-2005, 08:43 AM   #10  
GARDENING ADDICT

Ruth and Ellis~~You gals are just too much !!

Fl Mom~Oh my gosh, did you just lose 7 pounds in the last week?? What's your secret????

I hope everybody has a wonderful day.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:46 AM   #11  

Goooooooood Morning all you Morning Larks!

LC: after Ellis, come organize my photos... I love getting pics but I look at em, then toss em in a box... At this point in my life I can't even think about organizing them! My favorite ones go into my pretty hat boxes that I call my "memory box"..

FlMom: ARRRRRRRRRRIBA ! Mexican food YUMOLA! How bout a fajita minus the bread..just all that good chick and veggies or a Chile Rinnerro (sp?)..Stay away from that basket of Tortilla Chips.. . (maybe ask them to bring you some celery to dip in the Salsa?)

Ruth: I'm DYIN Here! My DH would love to walk in your woods to find those lovely plants... and make that Brownie Recipe ! Have fun at the BBQ... Imagine that cake as moldy..maybe that will help you resist!

Ellis: So glad to see you UP UP UP!!!!

Me: Today is overcast and rainy... A good day to curl up with a good book..But alas, I must begin packing..so it's a good day to start..My Dining room is stuffed with boxes, wrapping paper and tape.. and I got the Industrial /he man TAPE dispenser (with a tension wheel, I might add)...whoo hoo I beee packin like a professional.. I think I'll try to work up a sweat so I can count it as some sort of exercise...

Must. Get. More. CAWFEEEEEEEEEEEE
CIAO for NOW
Old 07-08-2005, 08:51 AM   #12  

Good Morning Angelshine! Loooook At YOU! I see that ticker is getting close to GOAL! How wonderful for you!

Hi 2BFit1: Hope you have a great day!!
Old 07-08-2005, 08:52 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Schatzi, when do you move? This weekend? I packed up in three days once. You know, it always takes as long as you have - jobs expand to fit the time available. I am such a procrastinator! Been procrastinating about losing weight for the past 50 years!
Old 07-08-2005, 08:56 AM   #14  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Good morning chicks!

I'm wearing a pair of jeans that I haven't worn in a while....it's almost like getting a new wardrobe again!

It's odd--the numbers on the scale aren't moving, but everything is fitting better now!
Old 07-08-2005, 08:56 AM   #15  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BFIT1

Fl Mom~Oh my gosh, did you just lose 7 pounds in the last week?? What's your secret????
No, I wish LOL. I have lost about 4lbs in the past 3wks. With doing too much non-OP eating, TOM, & new baby makin drugs, the scale has only moved 1/2lb in the past 2 wks. I am back to OP thought and ready to lose the 6lbs I have on goal for July. I did lose 27lbs in a relatively short time though, part of that is south beach but the other part is a med I take called Fortamet (metformin) for my insulin resistance. I know if I stay OP I can lose my 6lbs and maybe more!

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 07-08-2005 at 09:01 AM. Reason: fixed quote problem
Closed Thread