Old 01-04-2003, 09:18 PM   #1  
Doing This For My Future!

Default Losing Inches Instead Of Pounds

Since I weighed in last Sunday I have not lost any weight, but have lost two inches from my hips, and 1 inch from my midsection. I am still on induction. I thought I was supposed to lose weight during this time? Im not at all disappointed about the inches lost..my clothes are fitting much looser, and its easier to move..but is this normal? The scale is staying the same..wont budge at all, but the inches seem to be flying off. Could it be because I am upping my protein, which before I wasnt eating but maybe 15-20 grams a day? Muscle weighs more than fat..so maybe Im just building up my muscle mass while melting the fat? Im confused though. I read all these posts about people losing 10-15lbs during induction, and Ive lost 3lbs.. Help me put my mind at ease..please
Old 01-04-2003, 10:14 PM   #2  

Any loss is a good loss in my book, be it in weight or inches. My best guess is that you are losing fat and gaining muscle. I just took my body measurements for the first time today, those numbers are scary! The good news is that as you build muscle your metabolism will speed up, thus enabling you to lose more. This is the mistake some people make by not strength training or doing cardio, diet alone takes a lot longer. (well, it's not a mistake, that was kinda harsh, after all exercise is a personal choice. okay Dyan, shut up now...)

I'd love to lose inches that fast. After all no one sees our weight, but they do see our shape. Unless you post your weight in your signature like I do then they know your weight too...
Old 01-05-2003, 02:38 AM   #3  
Doing This For My Future!

Ha Dyan, your funny!

I post my weight too..Im not ashamed. I mean, when people see me they obviously know Im overweight..

I do strenght train..and three times a week I walk on my treadmill. I cant wait to build it up to four or five times a week. I just need to lose a bit more before I feel comfortable working out that much. I guess what Im doing is normal..which is really good to know!!