Old 01-06-2003, 05:42 AM   #1  

Default Schwarzbein Principle

Good Morning,
I'm new to this site and I'm trying to find some information on a diet called Schwarzbein Principle. After reading some about this plan, it sounds as though it is something I could follow easily. I need to lose about 100 pounds and I can't stay with anything. I no longer worry about vainty, I'm concerned about my health. I haven't any major health problems, although the doctor has told me I am like a walking time bomb. If anyone has been on this program or has any remarks about it, I would love to hear from you.
Thank you,
Chris 40
Old 01-06-2003, 07:36 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to the 3FC Low Carb Forum! We are glad you found us. Please post away and try to check in with us on the daily. Be sure to check out Frequently Asked Questions too.

I have the book and have read it several times. Basically it is a restricted carb plan - I think she allows 15 carbs per meal, 6 per snack and is very strict about processed and artificial foods.

The following link will take you to the 3FC review of this diet - done by our own Dottiejon.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/index.php?...=page&SubMenu=
Old 01-06-2003, 07:59 AM   #3  

Thank you so much for your reply. I read about this diet in Woman's World, but want to go to the mall and buy the book........I like the Atkins, but sometimes I would kill for an apple. Also, I'm over counting. measuring and weighing food. I become obsessed with it for about three weeks, then I quit. Hubby and I just retired and bought a motorhome, so I've got to get serious about my weight if I want to enjoy life.......
Old 01-06-2003, 09:37 AM   #4  

Welcome Chris!

I just wanted to say that there are many other low carb plans out there that you can enjoy an apple on--how about trying Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program (CALP for short)? You are allowed one reward meal where you can have that apple if you so desired and yes, eyeballing food only--no measuring! I really suggest you pick up the book at the library and give it a read, I'm sure you'll find some stuff you really like. I did CALP for a year, but my metabolism is a stubborn one so off to do the more stringent Atkins I went.