Old 11-23-2002, 06:07 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Thumbs down Weekend Chat, 11-23 and 24

starting up, coffee is on, grab a cup and sit for a spell.
Old 11-23-2002, 06:44 AM   #2  

Morning Debbie and all to come!

I think I learned this week that if I don't post first thing in the morning that I just don't get to it!!!

Dh had his first week on the job and it seemed to have gone well. He had to fork over the grocery money which was a happy thing for me! I feel more engaged with "life" now although with the big kid having half days and conferences and the little guy putting on a show (he was a bat!) things got a bit hectic....but it was a good type of hectic. I missed making even the smallest of decisions through out the day.

Yep! Mom seems to being doing well with her physical therapy....now that the first day didn't kill her!!! When I picked her up she was pretty dizzy and tired. I brought her home to my house and she took a bite of cheese and drank some oj and slept for an hour...but yesterday she did very well and enjoyed the little guy's show.

laundry stinks.

Dh's working has also put a little more structure into our happy home and today I will turn into my mother and give the boys the dreaded Saturday morning work lists. They need to be doing more around the house and be contributing working members!!

Pooky, I read your post the other day and was sending you gentle vibes. I wish you much peace with your decision and although I have packed my pom poms (you never met me for real so you REALLY don't know how ridiculous I look with pom poms....trust me) they are not packed in the deep recesses of the the attic.

As to the OCD behavior of your DOG Debkay.....I am taking the little guy on Wed for a full psyche eval....I'll check to see if we can get a "two-for"!

I think I best be thinking of the Thanksgiving Day menu since I am having it......good idea?

love to all!
peach
ps....[ $5 ]......... that's for YOU Sherrie....just in case YOU should need it today!
Old 11-23-2002, 06:57 AM   #3  
she who must be obeyed

peachie............so, so glad to see you posting!!!! Will you come pass out chore lists for my kids?

Linda what do you say we make a pact to exercise? I need to get my butt in gear and start that process. I keep saying I'm going to the park to walk and never do it. I do run up and down the steps, many, many times a day, can I count that as exercise

Sherrie I hope you took peachie's advice and shoved a few dollars where the sun don't shine!!

Janice, in my best mother's voice and wagging my finger.........don't miss your doctor visits!! Don't make me come to Houston to take you. Take care of yourself, we need you all healed for our fun in Joisy!

I'm dragging hubby to super Wal-Mart today fun, fun. I need a few things and thought why not drag him along. Might hit Sam's since it's right next door, today is sample day.......hey wanna do lunch!!

Have a great day today
Debbie
Old 11-24-2002, 07:30 AM   #4  

Ha! We did lose everything in the move!

Well, here it is Sunday morning and it's cold with a sprinkle of snow on the ground. I am taking Miree to go see Santa Claus 2 at the matinee today. She really loves the theater and gets so excited. We have th first movie at home and hse loves to cuddle up beside me and watch. Should be a fun afternoon.

Not so fun today is doggie odor/mess control. My carpets have takena beating and I bought myself some pet formula carpet cleaner for my machine so looky what I'm doing this morning! Oh the fun of puppies and kids!

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 11-24-2002, 11:14 AM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Ladies
Pooky- Have fun!! I love taking my daughter to the movies, its just getting her to agree on the movie lol, last time I wanted to see Stuart Little 2, she wanted to see scooby doo.....guess who won! lol

Things are settling down a bit, Im having a very hard time giving up the coffee....its just too hard (but I can do it, I know I can) But do I really want to??? (the addict is taking over!)

Yesterday at the store was great!! We had a "come warm up with apple cidar" sign outside, and it brought them in!! I think we're on to something! lol Sometimes it's the simplist things that work...and cheapest lol $2.98 for a gallon of cidar = $$$$ in sales
Keep this up, and we might have a bit extra at the end of the month! lol

Hubby and I are headed out to a famous farm to pick up the pies for Turkey Day. He insists that the tradition is Blueberry pie on Thanksgiving. I think the boy is a bit mixed up Im sure we will be purchasing more than one pie. He's safe til he gets his test results back!!

Made my flight plans to fly up to ThunderBay via Hamilton and westjet (I love their prices) next month, do some skiing and visit some very dear friends. Im looking forward to seeing them.

AgeOldie, did you see my post re: Curling? if not go to www.curling.ca and it will explain the game for you. On the left hand side of the screen, look for "The Sport of Curling" and everything you ever wanted to know is in there

Have a great day everyone!!
Robin
Old 11-24-2002, 02:09 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to the new server! We did lose some posts but I'm sure nothing vital disappeared - except the guaranteed weightloss shake recipe that I posted. It was similar to the Ex-Lax and water diet. JUST KIDDING!

Dh is over his curmudgeon mood and is celebrating his birthday right now playing with his new digital camera. He was kind of over whelmed by the gift so I told him he is SOL for a big Christmas gift. Basically, he needs nothing - except a new body. (His words, not mine.)

Lucy ate a library book yesterday and a package of Christmas crackers last night! She also woke me up at 3 because she thought a bit of petting was in order! I've already taken her for one long walk and will do another later this afternoon - she has too much energy and not enough exercise. She needs her preggy mommy back to chase her around the dog yard and lick her ears several times a day!

This afternoon will be a catching up kind of afternoon. I am going to pretend that Gail is coming tomorrow - she isn't because she has company - and do my tidying. Maybe DH will feel inspired to run the vacuum through tomorrow. I'm doing him a rack of lamb for his birthday dinner so he should be pretty mellow. I really want a clean house before Wednesday's operation.

RobinH, hot cider would certainly bring me into your shop. What a good idea! When I make baked beans for a bake sale, I usually give out little samples and sales really boom.

Peachie, stop talking crafts! I have tons of Christmas sewing projects and never get them done. I have stuff I bought to make for Grandkid #1 and she is now nearly 11 and a bit beyond Christmas pinafores! One of these days ...... maybe for a great-grandkid?

Deb, didja get those GB boys done? My DD can share some Gingerbread Christmas memories with you. I really was thinking of making some for her this year but time kind of got away from me.

Pooky, do you like your carpet shampooing machine? What kind is it? I have been considering one for quite a while as I have wall-to-wall sage carpet upstairs and down plus eight muddy paws and a sloppy DH.

Had better get to it or it will be getting dark and Miss Lucy will miss walk#2. Do they have treadmills for dogs?

Happy Sunday afternoon - join me for tea at 4:30, if you can, NOT on the porch but in the back room near the woodstove.
Old 11-24-2002, 03:59 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

ruthie!!! ready for tea!!!! my favorite time of day...

today is a bust. and all because i was a nice person. i GOTTA stop doing that!!!!

mom's church had their thanksgiving dinner after services, and i got a special invitation to go. now, how can a person turn that down??

soo, after a wonderful time with friends last night [a thai restaurant, where i had curried chicken with basil, spicy. yummmm1!! and then we went to a coffee shop for dessert afterwards, and i had two bites of a warm chocolate cake with that wonderful chocolate sauce in the center, and a tiny bite of pecan pie. the pie should have had bourbon in it, but alas. and the chocolate was diviine... hey!!! this IS a diet support group, isn't it?? did i really fall off the wagon by eating an entire tablespoon of dessert??? not even compulsive ME would say that i did!!!!] but i've digressed....

so,a late night. and got up at 7 this morning, walked the dog, two loads of laundry, ran out for milk, took whipped cream to the church, made a large pan of apple crisp, had my protein shake, and showed up at the church at a little after 11:30

and left around 1:30 to do the grocery shopping, which took WAAAAAYYYYYYY too long because i got a new kid in the deli. a very sweet young thing, but SLOW...

so, there went the day. and then did bills. ick. but they're done.

i'm so thankful for a short week this week. i need some fun!!!! and i have to work quite late tomorrow. so maybe i'll get some christmas shopping done in the morning.

love you all...
Old 11-24-2002, 04:38 PM   #8  
Slimwithin

Well, I think I've blown the whole weekend. Yesterday I made a big pot of veggie beef soup for dinner and made hot baking powder biscuits with it. Now, how could I resist light fluffy biscuits dripping with melted butter? Well, I couldn't and I didn't so that's that. I thought I was back on track today but then I baked two loaves of cranberry orange loaf and two loaves of banana nut loaf and they smelled so good when they came out of the oven and I was wondering why the cranberry loaf didn't rise properly (it SANK), so I had to cut into it and then, of course, I had to sample what I'd cut off. It looks like a flop but it sure tastes yummy. Shame on me!
Gorgeous day here today. We had heavy frost overnight but it's all melted now and the sun is blazing down as if it thinks it should be summer. I'm stuck inside doing dumb Christmas cards.
Old 11-24-2002, 08:33 PM   #9  
Old Cackler

LINDA: STOP COOKING!!! PUT DOWN THE BEATERS AND GET AWAY FROM THE STOVE!!!!