Old 11-19-2002, 10:59 AM   #1  
Domestic Goddess

Thumbs down Just because the label says 0 carbs doesnt mean it's sugar free!

I have been having AWFUL cravings for several days now. It's enough and I'm trying to figure out what's going on.

This morning I was looking VERY CLOSELY as some of my food labels and much to my surprise sugar of some form is in just about everything! How could I have missed this!?!

Now I dont even feel that I did induction properly. What a bummer. I also thought that digging out my old Dr. A book would give me a crash course and see what else I might have forgetten over the months. Seems that I forgot that during induction I should be limiting myself to three packs of sweetner a day. I wonder just how much sweetner is in my beloved diet Dew? So now I better get on the ball, the right one, and get things movin. Here I thought I knew it all!!!! SURPRISE!!!

So now my mission is to carefully read my labels not just the carb content....they hide sugar you know. I guess I have to cut out my Dews too. SIGH....
Old 11-19-2002, 01:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Those sneaky food labels! If it's less than 1 gram they do not report it. But, let's say, in splenda, 1 pack is less than 1 gram of carb. Well, use 8 packs and you have something less than 8 grams of carbs, but not sure HOW much less. It's frustrating!!
Old 11-21-2002, 09:55 AM   #3  

Besides sweetener, can you tell me what kinds of foods (with labels) you have been eating? This is scary....
Old 11-21-2002, 10:06 AM   #4  
Domestic Goddess

I have this wonderful hot suace that I buy at a local ethnic market in town and it has sugar in it!

My mayo, Hellmans has sugar in it.

Every mayo that I looked at has some sort of sugar in it.

I bought a new peanut butter because all the ones that I had here said that they contained either sugar or molasses. I bought the all nautural one, extra chunky, and put some splenda in the spoonful that I wanted as a snack. Guess I'll be doing that from now on.

Why do these labels have to be so sneeky!!!

I read some of the other message boards and alot of them tuned me into really looking at my labels. Now I think I'm just reallly going to try to stick to the basics....fresh meat and veggies (low carb veggies) and try to stay away from anything that they could sneak sugar into.

Those sneaky little buggers